• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Inexpensive 18/19 wheel and tire combo?

I have been rocking the 20/19 combination that came with my car with a serious love/hate relationship. They are very flashing and I get compliments but there is no way I can use them for sporty driving. I like the look of the largish wheel. But every time I save up money, I buy another car instead. I also really want Stoptechs.

Is there an inexpensive wheel (like ebay buyable) that works fine? Drag wheels?

I prefer split five spoke but anything conventional is ok. Don't need super lightweight one off jdm set that was owned by Senna (I really hope that no-one is selling a set like that here...). Sorry this is such a lame post but I went to watch the Ferrari weekend at Gingerman raceway and I always feel embarrassed driving untrackable rims.

In my opinion the 18/19 combo is not as "trackable" as your 19/20. If you want to go towards performance then go with 17/18 setup, they look large enough for modern looks.

This is how my car looks with 17/18:

attachment.php

Last edited:
They look great. Will they fit over the stoptechs? Is the blue painted on the inside of the rims? (Not a match for the green)

They probably will clear stoptechs, there is plenty 17/18 choices out there if those are not what you're looking for.

In my opinion the 18/19 combo is not as "trackable" as your 19/20. If you want to go towards performance then go with 17/18 setup, they look large enough for modern looks.

This is how my car looks with 17/18:

attachment.php

Nice wheels. What is the size and offset?

How about the Enkei RPF1, PF01 or the RP03?

I have a set of 17/18 PF01 and a set of 18/19 RP03 for sale.

There was some hype about Forgestar before but I requested for sizes from a vendor but somehow it fizzled out. Would still like to consider them since they seem to be well priced.

f14brushed.jpg

SEMI CONCAVE
18"
18×8.5 offsets from +26 to +50
18×9.0 offsets from +20 to +55
18×9.5 offsets from +26 to +60

DEEP CONCAVE
19"
19x9.5 offsets from +4 to +42
19x10 offsets from +20 to +44
19x11 offsets from +23 to +55

I have been rocking the 20/19 combination that came with my car with a serious love/hate relationship. They are very flashing and I get compliments but there is no way I can use them for sporty driving. I like the look of the largish wheel. But every time I save up money, I buy another car instead. I also really want Stoptechs.

Is there an inexpensive wheel (like ebay buyable) that works fine? Drag wheels?

I prefer split five spoke but anything conventional is ok. Don't need super lightweight one off jdm set that was owned by Senna (I really hope that no-one is selling a set like that here...). Sorry this is such a lame post but I went to watch the Ferrari weekend at Gingerman raceway and I always feel embarrassed driving untrackable rims.

Too bad you live in Michigan : I'd sell you my 18/19 AVUS 3pc forged that I have some curb damage on w/Michelin Pilot Sport2 tires for a steal. I have 3 sets of wheels now (2x 17/18 & 1x 18/19) that I'm sick of sitting in my storage (I'm running my BBS LM set now..)

I would consider the forgestars in 18x8.5 / 19x11 as good "hellaflush fitment"

Just know what you are gettting yourself into.

The RP03 would be ok, but I would want the aluminum finish. About $1500 for just the wheels isn't that cheap in my world, though. What size tires would work?

I just paid $260 shipped for a brand new set of 16 inch wheels for the civic. I know, its just a civic, but the wheels don't care what they are on.

It obviously depends from what you want them for but a decent 18/19 set of same or slightly better performance that OEM will cost you anywhere from $700 to $1000 and up.

How much? What sized tires? They look great, btw.

Those look gret on that yellow car. Is there any shots of the whole car?

You really ran a 305 rear on a stock NSX?

Last edited:
Those look gret on that yellow car. Is there any shots of the whole car?

You really ran a 305 rear on a stock NSX?

There are very far and between but if you can play with offsets the 300 series can be achieved. The 305 wasn't on a stock body. That yellow car currently has 335's with plenty more to go.

I am interested in 18/19 in silver or chrome as well! Price please!

Back