Indy meet 6/03

Ok Indy people, this saturday looks beautiful; so far that is! Keep your fingers crossed. Where and what time do we want to meet? We need a spot we can meet up on a regular basis.

Until we can map out some drives, we can meet and do lunch and oogle over our cars :biggrin:

no driving??!?!? wtf?!?!

how bout at least follow the leader then :)

Indy Region SCCA is having an autocross out at the Mt Comfort airport on Sunday, if anyone's interested. I'll be there. Take some timed runs through an interesting course, work for a little bit, meet a buncha people.

http://indyscca.org/SoloPage.html

Or if anyone's interested, I think I've still got instructions somewhere for an 80 mile road rally a friend and I hosted a couple years ago which covers some nice little backroads down in southern Indiana. It was a challenge to find a buncha roads that were interesting while avoiding gravel and limiting the amount of backtracking. There is less than a mile of gravel, and it's "good" gravel. Heck, it may be paved now for all I know. It's not high speed (some of it passes through residential areas), but it's a nice leisurely drive. Probably better in the fall when the leaves start changing colors.

Jim
'91 Integra (21 DSP)

timothyaw said:
Ok Indy people, this saturday looks beautiful; so far that is! Keep your fingers crossed. Where and what time do we want to meet? We need a spot we can meet up on a regular basis.

Until we can map out some drives, we can meet and do lunch and oogle over our cars :biggrin:
I AM SORRY GUYS I STILL HAVENT FIX MY
I HAD TO GO @WORLD WIDE MOTORS TO GET THE SL 600 SO I HAVE SOMETHING TO DRIVE THE HOT DAYS
I WAS STUPID I SOLD MY S2000 VORTECH AND I AM MAD......
THANKS GUYS
DIMITRIS

Thanks for the replies IndyJim and Nate. I may just come and check things out at the Mt Comfort event on Sunday. That drive in southern Indiana sounds nice, maybe if I see you, you can tell me more details of where it is.

Nate if nothing else is going on on Saturday I may come up to Anderson and check that out as well. Keep the ideas coming everyone!

Oh and get that car of yours fixed Dimitris so you can join us sometime :)

Big_nate said:
Tim, theres a car show and auto-x type event going on at Anderson Municipal Airport. I was planning on going out there to check it out if anybody wants to caravan out. Details here; http://www.wingedwarrior.net/

I am going to that!! I forgot we had it planned until one of my friends reminded me. DOH!! :redface: :biggrin:

Meeyatch1 said:
I am going to that!! I forgot we had it planned until one of my friends reminded me. DOH!! :redface: :biggrin:

I won't be at the Winged Warrior event, but if you go keep an eye out for Danny Popp. He can do some amazing things with his Corvette and is always entertaining to watch :)

IndyJim said:
I won't be at the Winged Warrior event, but if you go keep an eye out for Danny Popp. He can do some amazing things with his Corvette and is always entertaining to watch :)

Yeah, I was a little sketchy on the event but it looks like some fairly skilled people will be out there racing some pretty cool cars. Should be interesting and the weather is supposed to be decent:smile: I'm going to try to get out there around 10:00 if anybody is interested in meeting up.

Nate

Just came back from the event and saw Nate and his cool new ride there. Where were the rest of you guys?? The day was perfect, the distance was not far.....y'all have to get those NSX's out and drive them sometime!! :tongue: :cool:

Meeyatch1 said:
Just came back from the event and saw Nate and his cool new ride there. Where were the rest of you guys?? The day was perfect, the distance was not far.....y'all have to get those NSX's out and drive them sometime!! :tongue: :cool:

i wanted to go, but had work

anyone wanna go for a ride tommorrow?? :biggrin:

Dan Ciesniewski said:
i wanted to go, but had work

anyone wanna go for a ride tommorrow?? :biggrin:

anybody???
Im going out tommorrow early before theres any traffic :D

stop being a wussy Tim ;), come ride with me :)

i too went to that winged warrior event, but i missed most of the action. i got there after work around 6:30 and the only thing going on was autoX. still cool, but unfortunate. anyone wanna get together for a quick drive on this coming sunday?

-jackson

Hey Dan, yeah it was the perfect weekend to drive no doubt about that. I've been out here and there. We'll definitely have to get together sometime, ALL the Indy NSX's. Bobert where in Indy are you? What are the stats on your car?

I will be toying with my car this weekend, but may be able to get a drive in. All depends if we get the car done in time.

im on the northside of indy in the carmel area. i need to get an alignment for my car. im sure i stated before, i dont actully have an nsx but have always appreciated hondas. i have a prelude and acura legend, but will be taking the sportier of the 2...prelude to even attempt to keep up with you guys:biggrin: ..

thanks guys
jackson

bobert486 said:
im on the northside of indy in the carmel area. i need to get an alignment for my car. im sure i stated before, i dont actully have an nsx but have always appreciated hondas. i have a prelude and acura legend, but will be taking the sportier of the 2...prelude to even attempt to keep up with you guys:biggrin: ..

thanks guys
jackson

Well....as long as you appreciate Honda and Acura cars that is all that matters. Have you had a chance to ride in an NSX yet?? Just wondering how you got addicted to them. :cool:

ive sat in a few, but no i havent driven or ridden in one. well....lets see, i have wanted one for over 7 years now and in a few more years once i get my pharmacy degree i could afford an 00 or 01 silverstone. im not in a rush because i figure nsx are built so well that they will last even by the time i pick one up in the near future.

jackson

Bobert you'll have to come to our meets when we have them. Like Mitch said, you're a Honda/Acura guy, you'll fit right in :biggrin: I have a Prelude as well, love em!

Back