Indianapolis Exotics Run V - Sat, Sept 15

Updated September 8

September 15th Cruise Final Details:

We'll be stopping in 3 different places to allow for people from different areas:

The first will be in Cicero, IN at Red Bridge Park. We'll arrive here at ~10:30 and depart at 11.
Map and address:
http://maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF8...16512&spn=0.018374,0.036178&z=15&iwloc=A&om=1

The second will be at the Marathon gas station on I-65 right at exit 68. That's the exit with the big red arches on the overpass; Marathon is on the west side of the interstate. Arrive at noon and depart at 12:30.

The third stop will be for lunch at the Story Inn - http://www.storyinn.com/
They'll be preparing something special for us. Arrive for lunch at about 1-1:30 and stay there for at least an hour.

After lunch is the longest part of the drive through the twisties in Brown County. To quote Bill:
I mapped a route today and checked the mileage. If everybody wants a long loop, this one was right at 100 miles from Marathon, 46 and 135 to Story, go south past Freetown, 58 west over 446 and to Lake Monroe (good photo ops maybe there), then St Rd 45 back from Bloomington to Beanblossom, then 135 to Nashville, then back to the noon rendezvous exit and Columbus. It is a good route with tight twisties, long sweepers, good asphalt, scenic terrain. If that is too long, I can easily modify this loop into a smaller track.

After that at around 4:30-5:00 we'll be crashing a car show in downtown Columbus, IN. I believe it has a $10 registration fee ... we'll probably stay there a couple hours although I'm sure a lot of people will just go home.

Last edited:
CIR PCA is running at Putnum that weekend, so I will be there showing the 911s this view. :biggrin:

after2.jpg

haha yeah, I should make this one. We have 12 cars already... only 1 NSX

1. rmartin - Gallardo
2. DaytonaC6 - C6
3. fourringpilot - NSX
4. Paulg680 - C5 (possible)
5. DC33 - Diablo 6.0
6. fourringpilot's dad - Z06
7. jim shadow - 308 GT4 (possible)
8. BlackBoosted2 - C5
9. sbyrne - C6
10. SMS - C1
11. Vettecop - C6 (possible)
12. harrysdad - Viper GTS

That sounds like something I'd like to be part of :cool:

Does Nate have that clean black rx7 i saw pics of last spring on a prime thread? If so that is one beautiful ride. Can't wait to see that in action and hear the sweet sound of rotary power.

I can make it! And will be bringing at least an s2k with me if he is invited. Prob another 2 or 3 nsx's also.
burlage-nsx
danner-nsx
peavley-s2k
phialpha44-nsx
another nsx its currently mine but I hope it to be sold by then to a friend of mine.
I will find someone to drive it if not.

Cya!!

Last edited:
:biggrin:
haha yeah, I should make this one. We have 12 cars already... only 1 NSX

1. rmartin - Gallardo
2. DaytonaC6 - C6
3. fourringpilot - NSX
4. Paulg680 - C5 (possible)
5. DC33 - Diablo 6.0
6. fourringpilot's dad - Z06
7. jim shadow - 308 GT4 (possible)
8. BlackBoosted2 - C5
9. sbyrne - C6
10. SMS - C1
11. Vettecop - C6 (possible)
12. harrysdad - Viper GTS

Sounds like a vette meet

Any ideas on a meeting place yet?

Do you want to meet on the North side of Indy or the South side? If the North side is prefered, we can meet at the Little Red Bridge Park in Cicero (there is a parking lot at the bottom of a hill - good for a group pic) or my place (east of Cicero around 37 and 13). I have plenty of room for a group pic - and a ladder! We can then have lunch in Cicero, Noblesville, Westfield, or some other place.
By the way - I plan to attend with my NSX.

I vote x2 for cicero. (about 5 minutes from my house!)

Do you want to meet on the North side of Indy or the South side? If the North side is prefered, we can meet at the Little Red Bridge Park in Cicero (there is a parking lot at the bottom of a hill - good for a group pic) or my place (east of Cicero around 37 and 13). I have plenty of room for a group pic - and a ladder! We can then have lunch in Cicero, Noblesville, Westfield, or some other place.

Very kind of you to offer to host it! I don't know the Indy area very well but I think in the past we have met in the North Side and then driven South. I will post your two suggestions to see what other people think. Hopefully we'll decide on a meeting place before next week.

Actually I just checked, last time we met here:
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=8520+...633,-86.06432&spn=0.074524,0.139732&z=13&om=1
A little south of Fishers

theres hills around and north on Indy???

last I check the glaciers stopped a good bit south of Indy, and thus all the good roads too :(

Im in Fishers, so north works for me, just be ready for lots of boring, straight, flat, farm land

I have found ONE curvy road in Hamilton county - Strawtown Ave. Start at 37 and Strawtown Ave just north of Purgatory Golf Course, right at the White River. Go east on Strawtown Ave, all the way to Anderson if you please. This road seems to be the destination for every motorcycle in central Indiana.
Now one must define their understanding of a 'hill'. Being from northwestern Ohio, a bit of a rise is a hill in my mind. :smile: Ever seen an 'ant hill'?

HA! The last time I took my CBR out I went down Strawtown Ave!

Fun Road... kinda short, though. Really the best roads in Indiana are around Bloomington and BeanBlossm IMHO. Some are so tight around the monroe res. you could read your own license plate # :tongue:

All I've spoken to have been fine with Cicero as a meeting place. Since it's your house, I'll let you decide - would you rather have us meet at your place or at the park? I'm thinking there will be around 40 cars; I'd prefer whichever place is better for a group picture. One guy said he could bring a ladder (if it's at the park) but if there's a hill at the park we might not even need one.

See first post for details...

Last edited:
All I've spoken to have been fine with Cicero as a meeting place. Since it's your house, I'll let you decide - would you rather have us meet at your place or at the park? I'm thinking there will be around 40 cars; I'd prefer whichever place is better for a group picture. One guy said he could bring a ladder (if it's at the park) but if there's a hill at the park we might not even need one.

Cars will start to arrive at around 11-11:30 and we leave to drive at NOON. That way we'll arrive on the south side of Indy in time to eat lunch. Latecomers and those who didn't want to drive all the way up to Cicero can also meet us there (Not sure where yet.) Then we'll drive south through Brown County and arrive in Columbus, IN. There's a car show downtown we might crash ... although there is a registration fee ($10 per car I think.) Some people will probably head home together instead of going to the car show ... others will stay and then drive back north together.

if we do that Ill only be able to bring the NSX. If it was like last time at Kings Image I could bring the Diablo to show and then drop it off at my hanger and drive the NSX

OR on the way south stop at the hanger for a nice group pic at the airport with the beast :)

if we do that Ill only be able to bring the NSX. If it was like last time at Kings Image I could bring the Diablo to show and then drop it off at my hanger and drive the NSX

OR on the way south stop at the hanger for a nice group pic at the airport with the beast :)

I like your second idea :D
btw I have some really good news ... I'll send a PM

Airport sounds like a cool place to take pics

I will drive anywhere for some airport pics. :biggrin: I plan on driving up past Brown Co to meet everyone anyways. If we can go w/ Dan's hangar idea I would be pleased!!!

Since I haven't heard back for a few days, just to be safe I'm going to say definitely that we'll be meeting at Red Bridge Park in Cicero.

http://maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF8...16512&spn=0.018374,0.036178&z=15&iwloc=A&om=1
http://www.ciceroin.org/redbridge.htm

We don't have time to stop at the airport during the cruise - but I think Dan and I will be taking pictures there Before the cruise (at around 9 am) so if you want to join for that... I'm not sure exactly where this is so I'll let Dan fill in the details.

Back