In Malaysia doing Auto Manual Conversion !!

2 tunes but same engine ? or 2 turbo setups . street and track , Only the Standard ECU can't see boost ,,,,,,,,,,,,,, YET
It can! Matt already fixed that on the Legend ecu's it uses the EGR compensation map to tune for boost.
What i'm talking about is for example High boost 100 octane setup flip the switch and go to safe boost 95 octane.

Would be helpful in europe.
In quite a lot of countries 100 and 105 octane is available in others 95 and 98 then a there are with the EU minimum of 95 octane

example:
Switch controls synchronized:
- ECU > Switch > Chip/map (then in turn timing + fuel)
- Boost controller > boost pressure (raising and lowering)

Then when you are really bored and nothing to do....

Switch goes from street to race mode (toggle)
> ECU > tune
> Boost > pressure
> Suspension (Tien EDFC) > hard setup > possibly lower car?
> Brake bias controller > more front pressure
> Switch off power steering trough fuse box
> TCS off & A/C off
> Exhaust valves to loud
> if you have a DBW car you can activate a DBW pulse module (iirc Ritmo made that) improving response.

You can truly make this adaptive if you link in sensors like g-sensors or even a simple hook up to your brake switch could for example make a rear spoiler adjust.
If one has high-end adjustable swaybars they could be interlinked

I generally draw up such a ideas and schematics, etc when I have a dull moment.

Last edited:
interesting, so it's a universal/modular approach by Honda (more economical)
Now the real trick is to harness that power in making the ECU switch between two performance tunes, via a switch on R4

Easy there killer lol.

Once the resistor is clipped it is an M/T ECU plain and simple. All it is doing is switching which bank of the 32KB chip is active. The program area seen by the ECU is only 16KB at a time. The same schema is used with the Legend ECU which is a cost saving method from the factory. This is no new information its been in my thread here for 2 years or so.

Bank switching - two tunes - is old school. I've already upgraded to NVSRAM and still in develpment with the custom program and protocol. Did you read the thread?!

Automatic transmission shift maps are located in the TCU which unlike the Legend,is a separate module. The only thing changeable within the ECU chip is how much timing is retarded during a shift and some lockup control settings. If you're in the mood to be helpful, snap some pictures of the circuit board in the TCU. You may be lucky and find a standard PROM chip in there.

-Matt

Last edited:
I will have to partially take back what I said regarding the simplicity of the clipping R4. Since clipping R4 changes the ECU into a full M/T ECU, it also changes the fuel maps, ignition timing, ETC to M/T map. Thus, it would be complete only if the cams were upgraded with the M/T type as well. I did not realize that there was a cam change with the A/T motor.

In the case of a M/T swap without a cam upgrade, a custom program would be needed that combines the fuel and ignition setting of the A/T program with the idle and other various settings of the M/T program.

-Matt

Easy there killer lol.

Once the resistor is clipped it is an M/T ECU plain and simple. All it is doing is switching which bank of the 32KB chip is active. The program area seen by the ECU is only 16KB at a time. The same schema is used with the Legend ECU which is a cost saving method from the factory. This is no new information its been in my thread here for 2 years or so.

Bank switching - two tunes - is old school. I've already upgraded to NVSRAM and still in develpment with the custom program and protocol. Did you read the thread?!

Automatic transmission shift maps are located in the TCU which unlike the Legend,is a separate module. The only thing changeable within the ECU chip is how much timing is retarded during a shift and some lockup control settings. If you're in the mood to be helpful, snap some pictures of the circuit board in the TCU. You may be lucky and find a standard PROM chip in there.

-Matt
Most AT>MT conversion swap cams as far i know, (chuck has a better oversight) as it's a huge difference.
It would be like a good 3.5 Hybrid Legend.

Anyway TCU and CU's are all KA3 style as the KA7/8 is slightly more advance than the NA1/2 NSX

You'll see that once you remove the firewall cover in a NSX it's full of large control units. (TCS, ABS, TCU, ECU and more)
Only thing more advanced on a NSX is the throttle-body configuration and valve train.

Last edited:
Most AT>MT conversion swap cams as far i know, (chuck has a better oversight) as it's a huge difference.
It would be like a good 3.5 Hybrid Legend.

Anyway TCU and CU's are all KA3 style as the KA7/8 is slightly more advance than the NA1/2 NSX

You'll see that once you remove the firewall cover in a NSX it's full of large control units. (TCS, ABS, TCU, ECU and more)
Only thing more advanced on a NSX is the throttle-body configuration and valve train.

Well stop guessing about it and go pop the cover off of a TCU so I can see!

The KA7/8 has the same large modules, the difference being that they are more dispersed around the car. The throttle body configuration on the NSX performs the same function as the separate TCS "choker" module on the KA8. Instead of being a separate module, it is built into the tbody. The added VTEC control is simply 2 additional inputs and 2 additional outputs.

-Matt

Well stop guessing about it and go pop the cover off of a TCU so I can see!

The KA7/8 has the same large modules, the difference being that they are more dispersed around the car. The throttle body configuration on the NSX performs the same function as the separate TCS "choker" module on the KA8. Instead of being a separate module, it is built into the tbody. The added VTEC control is simply 2 additional inputs and 2 additional outputs.

-Matt
I was talking both mechanical and electrical differences. (The TB arrangement with it's dual TPS is a lot neater allows for better flow than the afterthought they did on the KA's)
I don't have a TCU here at the moment nether a AT tranny.
AT NSX is rare even more so in Europe.
Most of the AT's are in Japan and the US. (in percentage and number)

Ask "Austrian Type-R" he should have one lying around (tcu) since he just sold the AT transmission.

Last edited:
Back