Impressions of my new NSX

Congrats on the NSX! Instead of the short throw shifter, you may want to simply try a different shift knob. Yea... I know a shift knob, right? I was amazed by the difference the SOS knob made. It felt like a good 20% shorter throw.

Meeyatch1 said:
The second gear in my '94 NSX grinds when shifting fast.....is this the double cone effect??

The dual synchro supposed to prolong the second gear and the effect that it brings is nothciness during second gear shifts, especially more pronounced when cold. If you are grinding into second, this is not normal, and you might want to replace your MTL. It might be weak syncro, but replacing your fluid is cheaper than pulling apart your transmission.

my 2 cents. good luck.

My notchiness does go away when the car is FULLY warmed up. Man does this car feel fast even when going slow. Being so low lets you really see the road in front of you... kinda like street luge... it makes it so fun.

I changed my bulbs to the superbrightleds.com bulbs... not only are they bright, but they emit a super cool purplish/bluish hue... off my silver seats it just looks ultra cool. Everyone asks me about them.

I got the cantrell front lip as my stock one was toast... love this mod. attached is a bad pic from my cell phone.

I debadged the car. Notice even the front "A" is gone. It looks very clean.

Downforce AIS. Love the sound. LOVE IT.

SOS short shifter/pedals/Zanardi knob.

So far love every mod. Car is just better with these... but has the stock character.

Ordered and on the way:

Exhaust... I broke down and ordered the F1 Version 5 tube monster from GTrom. Will post impressions when I get it.

GT-Rom GT_R style rear bumper... I am going to try it and see how I like it. May go back to stock and sell it, may keep it. we'll see.

Comptech supercharger. Some day....

I am still happy happy happy! LOVE MY CAR!!!

Last edited:
mikec said:
Hello and welcome. I love hearing you tell all the things I feel about my own car. I have a few observations too:

1. 2nd gear. Mine is the same. Very common. nothing wrong.

2. I think someone replaced the factory CD changer with an aftermarket one that plays MP3's. I did that with mine. Much better.

3. It gets pretty expensive and complicated to replace the factory speakers and amps. I 'saved' my stereo by simply adding small tweeters above the door sill. It makes a WORLD OF DIFFERENCE. Brings an otherwise dull sound to life.

4. Exhaust. I decided on the drive back from the Acura dealer when I first bought my car that the factory exhaust gotta go. I put on a Tubi. Love it! I also love the induction growl and would not want to modify anything that quiets it. A supercharger may be nice sometime, but I don't use all the power it has now. I'm a pretty conservitive driver.

Best of luck.. and Best regards.
MikeC

Mike don't be selling your car. Thanks for the info. I will be doing a serious stereo overhaul later, for now sticking to performance mods.

NSX-Tuner said:
I think I should start getting some royalty checks in the mail by now.

You would be... had you not hit your rev limiter! :biggrin:

TURBO2GO said:
You would be... had you not hit your rev limiter! :biggrin:

Just one of the side-effects when transitioning from N/A to the CTSC... :redface: :biggrin:

Last edited:
TURBO2GO said:
My notchiness does go away when the car is FULLY warmed up. Man does this car feel fast even when going slow. Being so low lets you really see the road in front of you... kinda like street luge... it makes it so fun.

LOVE MY CAR!!!

My '91 was exactly the same way with 5th. gear. It was notchy and sometimes made a slight gridning sound. But after 10 minutes of freeway driving it was smooth as butter.

Back