Imola Orange, the color with multiple personalities!

Imola Orange, the color with multiple personalities!

Well, I got to check out an '04 Imola Orange yesterday for the first time ever! (thanks Up2Yu!). In summary, color is definitely cool, but can see why people call it one of the "love or hate" colors as it's likely not for everyone. When you first look at it, it looks totally custom. The amount of pearl in the paint is absolutely amazing. The color however shifts dramatically depending on angle you are looking at, amount of light, and direction of light. To call it orange would be a misrepresentation in my opinion. I literally looked at the car, walked around it for probably an hour, checked it out in the sun, indoors, and oudoors in some shade. Also looked at it approaching from a distance on the road. The color shifts from metallic orange, to flat orange, to metallic bronze, metallic copper, metallic gold, and at one point almost looked like a burnt orange. Color turns REALLY bright in the sunlight. Not flashy like yellow as it's not as bright, but unique and attention grabbing in a totally different way. The color definitely has a wow component to it, like nothing on the road. One thing is for sure, it's orange, but with a kick. My opinion, you cannot judge this color AT ALL from pictures. Colors you see online are still, and does not represent the color shift at all. One of my favorite parts about this color is it is metallic (like silverstone et al), so all the lines of the car totally show up. It is not too dark, so there is nice contrast with all the scoops and air ducts. And at the same time, it is sort of a flashy color without being abnoxious. One thing I am trying to figure out if it is a color for me. Personally, I like the idea of having one color and running with it. Others may enjoy the changes in color. Figured I would help out some folks out there who have never seen an Imola in person. I had not seen one in my 6 years of owning NSX's….so figured I would post my experience. A defintely cool color!

Jack,

pretty sick color, eh? One of my top five favorite NSX's:wink:

Glad you got a chance to meet up with Hoa. I missed Hoa's call yesterday as I had left my phone to charge - Sorry, Hoa. :D

It is indeed a very nice color. :)

I LOVE IMOLA!!!

Always wanted one! Wait I have one! LOL.

I agree with Jack's write up (very good description btw) and its a color that definately is a love it or hate it type.

I LOVE IMOLA!!!

I agree on the color change. On our NSX drives I like riding near Alum04 because his Imola while driving changes colors like a chameleon almost. As the sun hits it it glows then slowly fades with overcast and shimmers a bit. Just really interesting to watch.

Imolas seem to be getting GPW clout as of late it seems.

You're sooo right about this .. my GF loves the Imola Oranges on pictures, then in real life she is "EWWW" then if i show her next day same car she'll be .. nice color .... :biggrin: it's a very intrigue color i guess, i'm neutral about that color but is indeed very nice!
Oscar

New Imola orange pearl is awesome color :cool:

I repaint my old S2000 to new imola orange pearl and it was top notch!
It was like amuse GT S2000.

Car is now paint shop, but I will not take that new imola orange again to my nsx. It's time for new color :)

IMG_1979.jpg

IMG_1983.jpg

IMG_2003.jpg

IMG_1972.jpg

these pics came off s2ki, imola in the sun, really shows off the pearl

Damn now that would be a sweet combo to own. Imola S2K and NSX ...drool!

I wish Honda would quit Bullsh*ttin and offer the S2K in Imola is the US! They can actually get it in Canada but we can't. Plus that would've been a perfect color for the S2K CR!

I wish Honda would quit Bullsh*ttin and offer the S2K in Imola is the US! They can actually get it in Canada but we can't. Plus that would've been a perfect color for the S2K CR!

I would buy another S2000 if they made it in Imola:wink:

Back