Imola Orange NSX in Chicago....license plates 'NSX'.

I have had a bunch of friends in Chicago calling me telling me about an Imola Orange NSX that they have seen roving the city with the license plates 'NSX' on the back. It supposedly has orange interior as well. Is that car owned by anyone on NSX Prime??

Last I knew the Illinios "NSX" plate belonged to the owner of Acura of Libertyville (Mr. Carr I believe). Not sure if it still does or not. They got the plate in 1990 before the NSX came out and registered it to an old VW Beetle that was not running just so that they could have it for the showfloor when the NSX first came out.

ps- what's up W.E?

my friend told me he saw an imola orange on the north side of indy a few weeks ago. didnt say anything about the interior ot license plate.

I've seen an newer (02+) Orange NSX-T (not sure of interior color) in the downtown area -- am told the owner of Carr Honda (on Western) is driving it around (search older Midwest Prime posts for details).

Last I saw it, it still had dealer plates on it.

- Manuel

nsx1164 said:
I've seen an newer (02+) Orange NSX-T (not sure of interior color) in the downtown area -- am told the owner of Carr Honda (on Western) is driving it around (search older Midwest Prime posts for details).

Last I saw it, it still had dealer plates on it.

- Manuel

I'm not really sure who owns that car, but I have seen it twice.

Once parked on Millwakee Ave. in front of the Steak House slightly north west of six corners, and the other time heading east on Montrose Ave. a few blocks west of Lavergne Ave.

It did indeed have the orange interior and "NSX" tag as I remember.

A few years ago, I saw a silver NSX on Rush St. with the license plates "CARR".

AaronR said:
Last I knew the Illinios "NSX" plate belonged to the owner of Acura of Libertyville (Mr. Carr I believe). Not sure if it still does or not. They got the plate in 1990 before the NSX came out and registered it to an old VW Beetle that was not running just so that they could have it for the showfloor when the NSX first came out.

ps- what's up W.E?

Jim said:
A few years ago, I saw a silver NSX on Rush St. with the license plates "CARR".
He has owned several NSXs over the years.

If you ever get the chance to buy one of the NSXs he has owned, my suggestion is, don't. ;)

nsxtasy said:
He has owned several NSXs over the years.

If you ever get the chance to buy one of the NSXs he has owned, my suggestion is, don't. ;)

....do tell, Ken. Why is that? :biggrin:

Back