Immature Boxster driver wants to race me and my nsx

Man, some drivers can be pains in the butt.
Today, I am driving down a highway just cruising in my nsx listening to some jpop and Shania Twain. Anyways, a silver Porsche Boxster swerves in and out of the lanes and catches notice of me. So he kinda slows down and manuevers his way to be besides me to try to invoke a race or something like that. I could care less about street racing and just nod back at him and travel a decent 60-70 indicating I wa not interested. So this punk and his friend in the passenger seat pull ahead of me on the right lane, then behind me once I pass him due to his lane slowing down. Granted he is driving like a typical street racer that wants some action. I can see he wants a piece of me so I checked to see if there was anyone ahead of me and I hit the accelerator just to get him of my back leaving him a good 10 cars behind. Then
I slowed back to my normal pace. That taught him a lesson and he kinda backed off, but I knew he still wanted to race but didn't try as hard this time. He eventually left on an off-ramp and I was back to enjoying the open road in my nsx.
This is not a kill story nor do I care to ever post a kill story. I enjoy driving my nsx for the mere pleasure it brings me. I don't care if I can burn this guy or some guy being able to burn me. When I do pull up to a nice car, I usually look in admiration and not as to race him/her. I prefer to drive responsibly as opposed to recklessly or even grandma-ly. It just pisses me off when people try to pick a fight in places that others(innocents) can be harmed. The reward: a 2-second thrill of victory. The risk: death, damage to your car, a ticket, etc.
Btw, I am 23 years old in a stock 1997-manual and after analyzing his car for S badges and checking his tailpipe(base boxster), I knew that I could have easily taken him. And if he is reading this: if you really want a piece of me, meet me at a racetrack when it warms up. Then we'll see who wants to pick a fight or not.

Ever see The Soprano's episode where everbody is eating dinner and some kid is a guest at dinner talking smack about his dads' Boxter- Well one of the old Soprano guys busts out, "The Boxter is a Porsche with panties"

I test drove a 01 Boxter before the NSX purchase. Although its been bumped to 217hp its still a dog, but a pretty dog, with the top down that is.

Originally posted by 8000RPM:
Never take the bait in these situations!

You did the right thing by resisting their "challenge."

I usually just laugh at them.

ya know what I like to do to these lil street racers.... SET EM UP!

when out, and I pass a cop shop setup gunning, if I got time, I u-turn, and go back, inevitably, youll find a ricer out there lookin for a race, go about 3 miles back from the cop shop.... then keep on the speedlimit, and it taunts them... wait until about 1/2 mile out from cop shop, and give a mild blip, and he will hit the gas, just in time for the cop to bust his lil ricer AR$E... then drive by at speedlimit, and wave to the driver.....

NOTE: I am driving an 89 Geo Spectrum and they feel intimidated enuf to show off......

I know its mean to do, but I get a laugh outta it.

I read somewhere awhile ago, about cops doing the same thing in some rice jobbed civics with red neons, fart tubes, dark tent, and rear wings.... they would do the same thing, and when they got to a redlight, they had another cop about a half mile ahead, light changes ricer hits the gas, hauls a$$, and the cop civic just makes the right turn and disapears.....

just my .02

[This message has been edited by KODIAC (edited 30 December 2002).]

Originally posted by kld12:
Man, some drivers can be pains in the butt.
Today, I am driving down a highway just cruising in my nsx listening to some jpop and Shania Twain. Anyways, a silver Porsche Boxster swerves in and out of the lanes and catches notice of me. So he kinda slows down and manuevers his way to be besides me to try to invoke a race or something like that. I could care less about street racing and just nod back at him and travel a decent 60-70 indicating I wa not interested. So this punk and his friend in the passenger seat pull ahead of me on the right lane, then behind me once I pass him due to his lane slowing down. Granted he is driving like a typical street racer that wants some action. I can see he wants a piece of me so I checked to see if there was anyone ahead of me and I hit the accelerator just to get him of my back leaving him a good 10 cars behind. Then
I slowed back to my normal pace. That taught him a lesson and he kinda backed off, but I knew he still wanted to race but didn't try as hard this time. He eventually left on an off-ramp and I was back to enjoying the open road in my nsx.
This is not a kill story nor do I care to ever post a kill story. I enjoy driving my nsx for the mere pleasure it brings me. I don't care if I can burn this guy or some guy being able to burn me. When I do pull up to a nice car, I usually look in admiration and not as to race him/her. I prefer to drive responsibly as opposed to recklessly or even grandma-ly. It just pisses me off when people try to pick a fight in places that others(innocents) can be harmed. The reward: a 2-second thrill of victory. The risk: death, damage to your car, a ticket, etc.
Btw, I am 23 years old in a stock 1997-manual and after analyzing his car for S badges and checking his tailpipe(base boxster), I knew that I could have easily taken him. And if he is reading this: if you really want a piece of me, meet me at a racetrack when it warms up. Then we'll see who wants to pick a fight or not.

Trust me assuming you can shift fluently and stay in 6-8k in rpm you'll completely smoke him.I met one on the way to a show w/ my bone stock 92'NSX set-up and did so.

PS..I very rarely will race on the street.
But I'll have to remember the "Sting" operation described here.LOL
smile.gif

------------------
WWW.MYNSX.COM

Originally posted by MYNSX:

PS..I very rarely will race on the street.
But I'll have to remember the "Sting" operation described here.LOL
smile.gif

Its a plot against all the rice boys!!!
just be careful not to get caught in with em...

but when your on the exicuting side of things its great!!! the look on the guys face when you pass him...

To quote MasterCard commercials "...Priceless.."

Side thing, One of my favorite involved a GA state trooper, and a riced up old beater VW Jetta...(red, fog lights, fart tube, rear wing, chrome fire extinguisher on the A pillar, big aftermarket tach with idiot shift light) cop pulled out after me, spun car a full 180 smoking the tires, then hits the blues, blows right past me, and grabs the lil riceboy outta traffic on an exit ramp...

"...priceless..."

i made a comment about the boxster having a butthole exhaust recently... either on a thread or to a mate of mine... maybe it got into the subconscience of ur minds???
smile.gif

...then again... it doesn't require much to notice it looks like a crack!
smile.gif

------------------
NeoNSX
If the Matrix is real, then the NSX is just a figment of your imagination.

Hey kld12, for what it's worth I think u did the RIGHT THING... for that i give u 8 thumbs up of approval (usually reserved only for 92 NSX's or MYNSX)

icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif

(can't give u 10 coz posts are limited to 8 images)

------------------
NeoNSX

Originally posted by KODIAC:

To quote MasterCard commercials "...Priceless.."

Side thing, One of my favorite involved a GA state trooper, and a riced up old beater VW Jetta...(red, fog lights, fart tube, rear wing, chrome fire extinguisher on the A pillar, big aftermarket tach with idiot shift light) cop pulled out after me, spun car a full 180 smoking the tires, then hits the blues, blows right past me, and grabs the lil riceboy outta traffic on an exit ramp...

"...priceless..."

*LOL* they should make that into one of their commercial! hahaha.....

------------------
NeoNSX

Originally posted by NeoNSX:
*LOL* they should make that into one of their commercial! hahaha.....

really!! I would love to see this on a commercial, we could get MYNSX in on it,

I can picture the script already.....

"APC performance exhaust......120 dollars"

"Decals from your favorite sign guy...... 60 dollars"

"Aftermarket Tach with shift light...... 130 dollars"

"The look on your face when you realize the NSX just set your lil rice car up for the cops........Priceless"

"There are some tickets you can pay for in cash. For you bail, there's MasterCard."

Anybody see Cops on Fox last weekend. Two guys decided to do a stoplight race and failed to notice the cop car right behind them. Quite funny. One of the racers said he knew the cop was there, but he wasn't raccing so he couldn't get a ticket. He got it anyways.
smile.gif

------------------
Tim Meekins
1997 Yellow NSX-T
http://tmeekins.com

Originally posted by PHOEN$X:
I wouldn't be able to stop laughing at the butthole exhaust pipe!

Separated at birth:

339981.jpg

(scroll down)

Gotcha!
biggrin.gif

788619.1.jpg

Yup, I agree on the butt-hole exhaust, never liked that......

But(t) I am a lil slow sometimes... I was expecting something similar to the
moon.gif
that you posted second...

Figured the stupid routine would get a few laughs...

[This message has been edited by KODIAC (edited 31 December 2002).]

Originally posted by nsxtasy:
Here's another version.

moon.gif

Boxster Photo Cut

*lol* MIRROR IMAGE!!!!!!!!!!

All the boxster needs is a red bumper, and it would be perfect.
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by NeoNSX (edited 01 January 2003).]

Here's a Boxster in action...
Someone once said Porsche's are full of crap...
tongue.gif

boxster_full_of_crap.jpg

too much detail!!! too much detail!!!
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by NeoNSX (edited 01 January 2003).]

Oh man, that boxster crapping picture makes me wanna crap in my pants laughing. You guys are something
smile.gif
. Someone pour some pepto-bismol in that car's gas tank stat.

Back