I'm so torn

Wow. You guys just did me a huge favor. Thanks for the help. Now I'm a bit upset, I was really considering buying it tomorrow.

I'll be damned!! That's the vin! This car had $18k in damage???

Puhahahhahahaaa!! :biggrin:

Its like buying a 2006 s2000 for 20K and clean title......:cool:

If you want to play you gotta pay buddy. :smile:

Good luck with your M3 thats a nice daily driver or whatever you decide.

Wow. You guys just did me a huge favor. Thanks for the help. Now I'm a bit upset, I was really considering buying it tomorrow.

Yeah that whole "it's just too expensive a car for our dealership thing" was BS! Never trust a car dealer they have NO SOUL!..LOL except for The KID":biggrin:

You've no idea how many people even some primers have almost been pulled in by dealers trying to sell that car. General rule of thumb when searching for NSX's is that they almost always sell or list for more than blue book! Dealers know this and charge accordingly when you see a low price...get suspicious:wink:

Glad you found out this car was damaged! If it looks to good to be true it probably is. No one is going to give a good car away. I'd spend $200 and buy a good digital paint meter which will detect paint work as well as bondo etc. You'll never be tricked again! Make sure it reads aluminum and steel! Some paint shops that are painting NSXes and Ms are good enough at painting to fool even trained dealer's eyes so at least you'd have something in your pocket to protect yourself from what you want :) On the Ms they'll even mask off smaller areas b/c of the lines on the car and paint on small patch of the car instead of an entire panel. They'll blend it in to folds on the sides of the car. So check every square inch. It's amazing how many dealers/owners lie about paint work. Even when doing NSX searches we'd drive 6 hours to inspect an NSX only to find out the original owner lied and that paint work was present etc.

Good luck! With a little research and a couple of tools you'll be able to make a more informed choice.

Maybe you just listed your M cars too high?

If wholesale was too high then yes! Trust me price wasn't the issue. We sold at or below wholesale. I even had a neighbor go pay 8k more for an M identical to one I had to get silver instead of white... The one he ended up with had higher miles and was in similiar condition. They're just hard to sell. If anything we asked more for the NSXes as they were our personal cars and we didn't want to part with them. We were in Roundel and all the BMW pubs/sites etc. I even had a good friend in L.A. who struggled to sell his for 2 years. It was immaculate... one owner/low miles etc. He ended up losing his rear end on it.

I spoke with the owner of the dealership today, and he tried to tell me that he bought it from Honda directly. I just read all 9 pages of that thread, and apparently the car was last sold at Manheim AA. I wish him the absolute worst.

I spoke with the owner of the dealership today, and he tried to tell me that he bought it from Honda directly. I just read all 9 pages of that thread, and apparently the car was last sold at Manheim AA. I wish him the absolute worst.

Did you call him on his BS...man some sales people will say anything:mad:

I spoke with the owner of the dealership today...I wish him the absolute worst.

I could not help but notice it sounds like you are upset. Looks like you *really* want the NSX. :biggrin: :wink:

I guess on the flip side we just made your decision much easier between this particular NSX and the M3. Good luck with your decision, I too echo what others have said and recommend that you test drive the NSX again before making your decision.

Told ya car salesmen have no souls!

He (dealer) might have bought it from Honda Finance who runs cars frequently through the auctions. However, this does NOT mean that the car has NOT had any unibody damage or any types of accidents. I have watched several NSX's run by Honda Finance that have had paintwork and misaligned fenders. Run a Autocheck on the car to find out the true history. We have sold close to 2 dozen NSX's since 96'. Not all used car dealers are souless:smile:

So you're going to give up a search for an NSX? DON'T!

I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest that any one of us here could have bought (practically) any sports car they wanted to when they decided on an NSX. And, for the most part, we're a pretty smart group of car guys/gals.

Get an NSX, use your other car for daily four-door "stuff". As mentioned before, your second car should be relegated to fun. That describes the NSX in a nutshell.

I wouldn't give up on finding a nice NSX. Its definitely more work, but that is why the NSX has value. Honestly you can find an NSX and if you buy it right drive it for 3 years and not lose a penny on it. In three years your M3 will take a $20,000 hit. If Someone came to you and said "here is 20K, we give you with an NSX or you can go take the M3", what would you do?

If the M3 was a better car, then at least you could justify the extra cost. But its not.

M cars are everywhere in NJ. And at the end of the day, when you pull up at alight...you lool justblike just like the chick in the 325i that mommy and daddy bought her for graduation. Except your rims are bigger and your car is faster:biggrin:

NSX is exotic, why half-step?:biggrin:

Did you call him on his BS...man some sales people will say anything:mad:

I know! It makes me sick!!!! That is why my brother and I tried to start our dealership... honest enthusiats selling cars that enthuiasts would own... sounds like a good business plan right? We didn't sell anything we wouldn't own... actually most of our cars were even nicer than what we've owned as both of my presonal NSXes have had paint work. we went out of business b/c we were honest/struggled to buy anything b/c nothing was clean enough. :( I was shocked at how many of the M3s had been wrecked. I'd say about 90% of them have been painted.

:( I was shocked at how many of the M3s had been wrecked. I'd say about 90% of them have been painted.

Knowing the people I know that own M3's (except Wingz), I must say I am not surprised at all. Its a real boy racer car around where I live, every rich foreign student going to school here must have one. And they street race all over the place.

Knowing the people I know that own M3's (except Wingz), I must say I am not surprised at all. Its a real boy racer car around where I live, every rich foreign student going to school here must have one. And they street race all over the place.

hahaha,...Sounds like your are talking about USC...jk

Back