Im sick of winter

I had seasons when I was living in Seattle, then I moved to SoCal...I sometimes miss the 4 seasons, then I go back to Seattle for a week and it cures me right up!!!

Join the Club. I am currently the Executive Vice President of the National Association of Winter-Haters organization - Midwest Division. Let me know if you are interested in joining.

true said:
Join the Club. I am currently the Executive Vice President of the National Association of Winter-Haters organization - Midwest Division. Let me know if you are interested in joining.
I'm already a member :mad:

Last edited:
autobody tech said:
do you guys living in tropical climates wish you had seasons?

your kidding right? Tx is pretty hot in the summer, but I much prefer it to the winters up north. If you grew up in the North, you might not be able to handle Tx. summers. You may prefer California(if you can afford it)

People used to living in the north may miss 4 seasons for a couple of years after they move to Tx/Calif/Fla. However, they quickly forget about it. Heck, If you want snow in X-mas, go back and visit your family, or better yet go on a snow ski vacation. It cracks me up with I see threads about putting the X in storage for the winter, thread on snow tires, or people's lives put on stand still by winter storms.

btw, it was partially cloudy and 57 degrees this am. I decided to take the top off, turn on the heater, and give the X a nice workout:D ;)

<B>Tx is pretty hot in the summer,</B>

No wonder - Ms.Christine lives there. :D

I do wonder why some of you guys buy an NSX if you can only drive it half the year. That would be self-inflicted torture. But I guess it's just personal choice.

Weather here in south west Germany just changed dramaticaly in 3 days from -13 degrees (Celsius) and snow to +15 and spring feeling. First victim will be my Bimmer bike (K 1100 LT SE) that's just wired to the battery charger. Tire pressures are only a bit off so tomorrow I'll have my first ride in 2004.

The X is just for the racetrack so I drive it way less than half a year and the Bimmer is my only street legal vehicle to accelerate from 0-100 kph below 5 seconds.

autobody tech said:
do you guys living in tropical climates wish you had seasons? Im thinking of moving out of Missouri! My poor BBQ!

I have the same Ducane grill and am in Ballwin too. Had the Alternative Grill people hook it into the house gas and have a 15 foot flex hose so I can roll it right up to the glass sliding door. I grilled pork chops and brats yesterday!

A lot cheaper then moving and year round grilling!

:p j/k - winter does suck when it is like this. If you look at the big picture we haven't had a bad winter at all.

Remember - this was New Years day / week:

http://www.ourfamilyinteractive.com/PhotoAlbums/2004/2004_01_03SpringLikeDay/Page.html

:D

I love where I live, but I am getting sick of the winters. If it weren't for my family and friends I would be out of here. Over the weekend I caught myself looking on realtor.com at houses in Florida. :D
Reasons Florida is better than NY.
1. no need for 4x4 so I could get a lightning pickup and drive it year round
2. could drive any cay I want and not be limited to only cars available in Quattro
3. no snow to shovel
4. taxes are cheaper
5.can get outdoors everyday, and exercise
6. blue skies=good mood for me and the people around me
7. real-estate is cheaper and nicer
8. No plow damage to fix every spring.

please feel free to add good and bad points of living in Florida.

Yeah, every winter I ask myself why I live in the midwest. I suspect it's a defective gene.

steveny said:

Reasons Florida is better than NY.

Steveny, im surprised you didnt mention ......the BEACHES....................and hence the WOMEN at the BEACHES...............................and hence the BIKINIS barely holding onto the WOMEN at the BEACHES...........................and hence the THONG BIKINIS EVERYWHERE barely holding onto the WOMEN at the BEACHES..................................and hence the HEART-ATTACK from constantly looking at those THONG BIKINIS EVERYWHERE barely holding onto the WOMEN at the BEACHES.....

I guess it might not be all that great after all.....:p

Very true NowSeeX's, The beaches are a huge plus. Now that I think of it some of the best times I have had where I currently live involve water and a boat. I no longer have a boat because of the fact I was only able to use it 3 months out of the year. :mad:
If I moved to Florida I would be able to use a boat all year long.
What are some bad point to living in Florida???

steveny said:
What are some bad point to living in Florida???
Florida is THE place for people after retirement..so, here are a few points to consider:

......the BEACHES....................and hence the OLD WOMEN at the BEACHES...............................and hence the BIKINIS barely holding onto the OLD WOMEN at the BEACHES...........................and hence the THONG BIKINIS EVERYWHERE barely holding onto the OLD WOMEN at the BEACHES..................................and hence the HEART-ATTACK from constantly looking at those THONG BIKINIS EVERYWHERE barely holding onto the OLD WOMEN at the BEACHES.....

I guess it might not be all that great after all..... :p

:D

NeoNSX said:
<B>Tx is pretty hot in the summer,</B>I do wonder why some of you guys buy an NSX if you can only drive it half the year. That would be self-inflicted torture. But I guess it's just personal choice.
Not being able to drive a car like the NSX for the winter must be terrible on a persons "car driving" happiness. I get really anxious when I don't get to drive mine after about 2 weeks. Jeez - I guess are just spoiled in other parts of the country.

O-Ace said:
Florida is THE place for people after retirement

Which means they have gone there to spend money. Now I need to figure out what they are spending it on. According to www.epodunk.com Real-estate brokers in the Fort Myers area of Florida make $48.79/hour, most likely because of the high turnover in property. This is one of the highest paid positions in that area of Florida. Twice that of a lawyer.

ss_md said:
Not being able to drive a car like the NSX for the winter must be terrible on a persons "car driving" happiness. I get really anxious when I don't get to drive mine after about 2 weeks. Jeez - I guess are just spoiled in other parts of the country.

We (the people who live where there is weather below 30 degrees) should get a check every year from a fund that has been paid into by those who live in a year round warm climate. There should be some sort of bonus for us to endure this $hit. Some religions state that Hell is a fiery inferno, I bet its more like NY in the winter.

Sometimes, I do wish that we had a change in seasons down here. Would be nice to have a [first] white Christmas.

I'm not crazy about salting the streets, shoveling your driveway and de-icing your windshield though.

We don't get to drive our NSX's all year but there are some pluses.

Really beautiful springs.

The fall foliage

The rude, impatient, mean people that live here. Hard to understand but I LIKE the NY attitude.

Great winding, twisting hilly roads not all that flat stuff.

The winter makes the wimps leave.

Hardwood trees. Nice to look at.

Hate snow?
I got your yellow snow RIGHT HERE.:D

I'm located in Blythe California for a couple of weeks and was told by a co-worker the high last summer was 128 in the shade. During the evenings it would cool down to a balmy 104. But the winters here are great. It has been in the mid 70's and plenty of sunshine.

OMG! It is snowing again here. Weather report says another foot in the next 24 hours. Where the hell am I going to pile it this time, there is no room left.

1.jpg

Back