I'm New but I don't have a NSX. Sorry

I don't wanna sound disrespectful, because trust me, i'm not... I'd drive your car in a heartbeat... but if you want an NSX, i'd quit buying superchargers for compact cars. :p cuz you won't get the $$ back on resale

AutoEuphoria said:
someone who comes on the forums just to stir up trouble. I don't own an NSX either, so don't worry...I will some day...but yeah, welcome

Sometime we need to swap cars for a drive....I am a big fan of the ITR.

rickysals said:
I don't wanna sound disrespectful, because trust me, i'm not... I'd drive your car in a heartbeat... but if you want an NSX, i'd quit buying superchargers for compact cars. :p cuz you won't get the $$ back on resale

I agree, sell the mods off of the car that are there now, sell the car and take the money for a supercharger and you are into an nsx. However if that totally drains your bank account or prohibits you from purchasing a wiser "investment" such as a house I would not purchase the car. Get your financial life in order first and that might mean not buying the supercharger for your current car.

lol yea i think im a little young to be owning a nsx. im only 20.

u can be a decent nsx for 24000? w/o high mileage of course.

lol also i believe with 300whp i could take a stock nsx. bc correct me if im wrong u guys dont have 300whp. and my car doesnt weight to much more?

04_tuscani said:
lol i know its more about the car then the power. also the look.

No, it's not. It's about the complete package you get with an NSX. You get the mid-engine, godlike handling, the quality fit and finish of the ENTIRE car, you get the exclusivity, you get the reliability. There are plenty of cars that'll beat it in a straight line, and if that's why you're thinking about buying one - you probably shouldn't. :smile:

I think coupe NSX would weigh a little less than the Targa ones. From the link that I have below the weight of a standard Tiburon and an NSX-T isn't much 2986 vs 3153. What I found interesting is the stock power of the 2.7L 2006 Hyundai Tiburon SE is only 172 BHP versus 290 BHP of the 2005 Acura NSX 3.2L. When you talking about 300BHP Tiburon you're saying the car is already modded. Modded Tiburon should be compared with a modded NSX say CTSC NSX.

http://autos.yahoo.com/newcars/comp...0=18038&carid1=16264&pagetitle=specifications

04_tuscani said:
lol yea i think im a little young to be owning a nsx. im only 20.

u can be a decent nsx for 24000? w/o high mileage of course.

lol also i believe with 300whp i could take a stock nsx. bc correct me if im wrong u guys dont have 300whp. and my car doesnt weight to much more?

another reason 300whp in a Tib won't take a stock NSX... well weight and the wheels that are pushing/pulling the car.

You're gonna have traction problems if you plan on doing 0-60 in less than 5 seconds (which you'd have to to bean an NSX) etc... FWD. The rear bias of the NSX helps it alot so when weight is shifted back, you're not picking up the front tires which drive the car, you're pushing the rear tires into the ground.

For the record there are 20 yr olds and i think a couple less who do have NSX's on this board. However, I'm 22, and couldn't afford your Tib to be honest (still in college with no rich parents :( )

again i reiterate, I'm not dogging on you :D i love your car! just love the NSX more.

oh i know the nsx has a lot more better qualities. but it wasnt my choice for the car either. since my parents did buy it for me. and with the money and time i alrdy put in it i wouldnt want to trade it in. u know like u come to love the damn thing. lol. the nsx is far better than the tiburon and is in a totally different class.

f&f/facts-n-figures...

04_tuscani said:
lol also i believe with 300whp i could take a stock nsx. bc correct me if im wrong u guys dont have 300whp.

NSX Model:
'91-'96: NA1 C30a 5spd: 270bhp ~ 236whp-241whp
'97-'05: NA2 C32a 6spd: 290bhp ~ 255bhp-260whp

* Bolt-ons:
I/H/E: + 20whp-25whp
bored TB: + 3whp-5whp
ECU-chip: + 5whp-8whp

General perf. figures:
NA1 {stock 5spd.}
0-60: 5.1s-5.3s
100-150: 25.5s
1/4: 13.6s-13.8s

NA2: {stock 6spd.}
0-60: 4.6s-4.8s
100-150: 21.5s
1/4: 13.1s-13.3s

Welcome to Prime where members are a lot more friendly I think everyone is welcome on this site with a shared appreciation for the NSX's qualities that others overlook. Everyone has been very nice to me eventhough I ask a lot of dumb questions which I just don't know:smile: . Had a couple of NSX prime members stop by the restaurant as well. We had 7 NSXes lined up one day. :eek:

Cheers.

Nice car, but I would not buy a Tiburon with that money. I hope this new pizza place were opening in May will be busy cause Im currently UNEMPLOYED, and I would become a delivery guy for my parents business. for that 20K I would have gotten an 06 Cobalt SS, I got raped by one in my legend.

Back