Illinois/Wisc Brunch

sportmarc said:
This sounds great and I may make it but can't really commit. I am transitioning from IL to WI due to a job transfer and currently have a house in each place - getting one ready to move into and one ready to sell. I don't know exactly where my NSX or I will be on 7/30. If we are both in the same place I will try to go.

Anyway, for you Milwaukee area folks, our new house is near Delafield just off of Elmhurst Road south of 94. I'm looking forward to exercising the NSX in a little more open space than I regularly could around here -- and hopefully getting together on occasion.

IL NSX Count -1
WI NSX Count +1:smile:

Marc

Marc, welcome to Wisconsin! I used to work out that way, 1 mile north of 94/83, now I'm downtown. Frequently on nice Wednesdays we will meet in Brookfield. Let me know when you get settled.

Jim

This Sunday's Brunch will be held in the usual place at 11:00 AM
There is construction going on but the Manager said that he would set aside parking for us See you all there around 10:30!

Is the Chicago group meeting somewhere for the drive to Grand Geneva
and are there any open spots for the brunch?

Robert,

Beata and I will be going up on Saturday morning and staying overnight. If anyone else has the same plans, meet us by the pool!

We should all meet at the Krispy Kreem on North Av west of I355, like we did last year.

Brian

Where's Frank? Are you going?

RutRX7 said:
Where's Frank? Are you going?
I think Frank may be a bit preoccupied with the new addition to his family yesterday morning.

Hey Frank, congratulations to you and Cindy!!!

RutRX7 said:
We should all meet at the Krispy Kreem on North Av west of I355, like we did last year.

Brian

I may be able to go after all.:biggrin:

I will know for sure this evening and will let you know.

Driving up together sounds great.

What time are you planning to meet?

I am headed to Downers tonight if anyone would like to join us.

Hey Frank! Congrats to you both! We were telling your wife in Barrington that we're trying and we just found out we're expecting. :biggrin: Hope everything went well!

Congrats!! Frank. Bob what time did we meet the last time we went? Maybe 8:30 am

RutRX7 said:
Congrats!! Frank. Bob what time did we meet the last time we went? Maybe 8:30 am

Brian,

8:30 is good for me; I believe Randy and Steve are going. I may see them tonight in Downers; if I do see them do want me relay 8:30 as the meet time.

Yea, I think 8:30 good. Thanks Bob for telling the guys .

Brian

The earliest Lisa and I can leave is about 9am. We can meet you there if that's too late. I was planning to drive up on the same route that we drove back last year-- that should be no more than 1-1/2 hours right?

9:00 am should be ok. We can't leave you behind Randy. Plus you know the way up there.

Brian

I'm good for 9am.

Which road are we taking, since I'm driving from Niles I may wait/meet up somewhere half way. Just let me know which route we'll taking.

My cell # 630-802-8336

I'll be at the HIN Night Shift at the Soldier's Field from 12pm-12am, so I'll have no access to a computer.

Robert,

RutRX7 said:
Yea, I think 8:30 good. Thanks Bob for telling the guys .

Brian

Brian,

My Sunday obligation has just come back to haunt me.
I now have a noon meeting I need to attend. I hope you all have a great cruise and brunch; I am feeling down about missing this.

My suggestion for the Krispy Kreme Krew is this. Meet at 8:30 like you planned. Then depart KK going west on Rt. 64 (North Ave) around 8:50-- don't be tardy. Go west to Rt. 59 and wait for me in the parking lot at the north east corner of 64 and 59 (Hobby Lobby and McDonalds). I can make it to that parking lot by about 9:05 (I can't actually leave the house until 9am). I've posted the Mapquest links below. This is the long way there for sure, but I remember Rt. 12 being a boring and bumpy road and at least this is out in the country. This is the exact way we came back from Lake Geneva last year.

Robert, Niles is way far away. You might want to consider taking I-90 directly to the Hampshire exit and meet us at the truck stop (where we stopped and parted ways last year). It makes a good waypoint, so anyone else is welcome to meet there as well.

Phase 1
Phase 2
Phase 3

Thanks everyone.

Sorry to miss the cruise this year, hopefully you all have a nice drive up there.

The last few days have been truly amazing.

Congratulations Rocky!... you'll be surprised how fast the months pass.

Have fun.

- Frank

I be there at 8:30am Krispy Kreem, nice hot day to try the a/c out.

Brian

See you guys at Krispy Kreem at 8:30AM.........Steve & Pat

Spotted! NSXs at Grand Geneva! Whew…what a great brunch! And a nice attention getting procession through Lake Geneva. Good seeing those who came!

(Can anyone tell me how to get around the size limit for attachments??)

Attachments

• GrdGnva.JPG
    GrdGnva.JPG
    91.4 KB · Views: 84
Great brunch we had, I hope to see everybody again soon.

Brian

Back