• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

if you are a NSXCA member....

You are entitled to Discounts here at Discount Tire Direct. Check out the vendor discount program on their site.

<-----if this is you...call us! :D

Todd, it's great to see a post from Discount Tire Direct. Some of us are regulars with rolling accounts and visits to America's Tire Comapny ........... just check your Rolodex .... ;)

So let's get down to business, how can we make Discount Tire Direct a sponsor of NSXPO 2003. Who do we have to schmooze and kiss ............. :D

Please pm me.

Last edited:
I have no affiliation with Discount Tire or Todd other than as an EXTREMELY pleased customer. Great price, great service and a hell of a nice guy to boot! Thanks for all the support to the NSX community.
Mark

I bought my current set of tires from discount tires. com
very nice people , and VERY fast shipping

Yokohama's es100's

Oh...now you do it....I bought my es100 a couple months ago.
Nice service and nice tires.

Just for future reference, will the website ship the tires to a local Discount Tires store for the install? Is there an extra fee for this? Thanks.

Ahhh Phoenix the news just gets better for you. I take good care of my local clubs. If you can drive that pretty lil thing out to the airpark in Scottsdale to my corp center, I'll take care of you right here personally. We have a install bay here reserved for employees cars only, but I slip my club guys in all the time!

You got it Todd! Didn't see that you're in Scottsdale. :D I'm definitely going to you for my next set of tires/wheels!

PHOEN$X said:
Ah shucks. No truck/SUV to transport tires, unfortunately. :(

If you're running OEM tires/wheels, you can fit all 4 in the car. One in the trunk, 1 behind the passenger seat, 2 on top of the passenger seat. Put them in lawn-size trash bags to keep the interior clean. They fit so perfectly, I suspect Honda designed the car for them to fit.

I just ordered a set from Todd about a month ago, and had them installed at my local Discount Tire. Plus, you should have seen the look on the guy's face when I told him I had all 4 tires in the NSX. :D

does this only work with 15/16 sizes ?

Sketch said:
If you're running OEM tires/wheels, you can fit all 4 in the car. One in the trunk, 1 behind the passenger seat, 2 on top of the passenger seat. Put them in lawn-size trash bags to keep the interior clean. They fit so perfectly, I suspect Honda designed the car for them to fit.
I know this works for 15/16 OE sizes... does it work with the newer (and presumably better) 16/17 and 17/17 OE sizes ??

Todd -- does the Discount Tire discount apply to "other" car/truck sizes, or just for NSX ?? Also, do you carry TOYO tires??

Re: does this only work with 15/16 sizes ?

cojones said:
I know this works for 15/16 OE sizes... does it work with the newer (and presumably better) 16/17 and 17/17 OE sizes ??

Aren't the outer tire diameter of the 15/16s the same as the 16/17s? Otherwise, I'd need to adjust my speedometer!

cojones said:
Todd -- does the Discount Tire discount apply to "other" car/truck sizes, or just for NSX ??
Good question, I'd like to know as well.

Re: does this only work with 15/16 sizes ?

PHOEN$X said:
Aren't the outer tire diameter of the 15/16s the same as the 16/17s? Otherwise, I'd need to adjust my speedometer!
I don't think they are -- I know the F/R ratios (for TCS) are not the same between 15/16 and 16/17.

From the FAQ ( http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/TireWheel/tiretech.htm )

+ 91-93 Front 205/50ZR15 - diameter 23.1 inches
+ 91-93 Rear 225/50ZR16 - diameter 24.9 inches

+ 94-01 Front 215/45ZR16 - diameter 23.6 inches
+ 94-01 Rear 245/40ZR17 - diameter 24.7 inches

For storage, I think the tire width might also be a factor... for example, the 17" rear (245 mm) is almost an inch wider than the 16"

Just thought I would let everyone know that Todd is an awesome person to deal with on tires!

He got me a great deal on some tires and had them mounted at the Discount Direct headquarters by some of the best tire techs I have ever met....I am going there from now on!

Thanks Todd

No Bridestones?

Todd,

Called you but you were out -- was told by someone else that you don't deal with Bridgestones or Hoosiers???! If this is true, this is bad, very bad! You need to rectify this!

Back