I want this wheel!!

My bad. I just wanted to help as your original post sounded like you were not aware of better alternatives and subsequent post did not reflect any update over just 3 months period. I myself is still trying to figure out what to buy after 2 years.
Steve

Steve, get a set of RSII's, in semi gloss black. Get a BBK, powdercoat them white. Get yourself the new Dunlop star spec Z2 after the first of the year. This would be awesome on your car.

The price point on ADV.1 is completely ridiculous considering they aren't even close to their Japanese counterparts with regards to quality. I do admit they do a good job marketing though.

They are priced very high. What makes you say the quality is not as good?

The price point on ADV.1 is completely ridiculous considering they aren't even close to their Japanese counterparts with regards to quality. I do admit they do a good job marketing though.
The same goes for iforged and many ghetto manufacturers. I have never seen a poorly made Enkei, just some bad stylings. After 4 sets of Volks, and 4 sets of SSRs, I have decided on a set of Enkeis.
Steve

Last edited:
Reminds me somewhat of the S2000 AP2 Wheels 17"

10972d1313465408-honda-s2000-ap2-wheels-imagejpeg_2_4.jpg

IMG_3502sm.jpg
[/IMG]

f5e5f767.jpg

Last edited:
Forget the ugly wheels.............I want that front lip!

Turbo,

Here's a chop of the wheels and the carbon lip, reshaped for NSX..the vents elongated and reversed for brake cooling.

plus..tried that dull but sinister gray color of MB.

If the color looks white, lower screen brightness a bit.

Hope you dig it.

s

Attachments

• Gray 1.jpg
    Gray 1.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 110
  • gray 6  lip.jpg
    gray 6 lip.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:
Turbo,

Here's a chop of the wheels and the carbon lip, reshaped for NSX..the vents elongated and reversed for brake cooling.

plus..tried that dull but sinister gray color of MB.

If the color looks white, lower screen brightness a bit.

Hope you dig it.

s

I could do without the vents...............

They are priced very high. What makes you say the quality is not as good?

The two quick reasons that come to mind are that companies like Volk, Advan, etc, do extensive testing above and beyond their advertised strengths. They also create their wheels in house. Not only are the factories certified (like TUV certs), but the wheels too.

Companies like ADV1 buy their rims and centerpieces from other companies. The only thing they do is cut the centers. Most of the wheels they sell aren't even certified, but under the umbrella of the pre-cut part quality.

I can't deny that ADV1 designs are really cool. But since they get their parts from the same places the dozens of other custom forged wheel companies do, in comparison their prices are astronomical and unjustified.

Ok, so that was three reasons.

What do you think about this one? Its a little bit diffrent but close to it. It is a German Lightweight wheel coming in 17x7,5 and 17x9.
It is used in a few german Motorsport series like ADAC Procar Series.
ATS_DTC_Superlight_04.jpg

ATTS DTC2.jpg

The name is ATS DTC Superlight

- - - Updated - - -

I photoshoped it on my NSX.

NSX_ATS1.jpg

NSX_ATS1_Bronce.jpg

NSX_ATS2_Blk.jpg

NSX_ATS2_Bronce.jpg

Price is about $1500 for a set.

Last edited:
I don't know why this thread keeps going... LOL... I already bought wheels. But this ATS is a nice looking wheel. They also make center lock:

AFC1C022-8B38-4540-B730-F928CE14C159-2226-000003E252771986.jpg

I don't know why this thread keeps going... LOL... I already bought wheels. But this ATS is a nice looking wheel. They also make center lock:

AFC1C022-8B38-4540-B730-F928CE14C159-2226-000003E252771986.jpg

Looks a lot like the stock Porsche GT3 wheels.
2010-porsche-911-gt3-wheel-photo-387778-s-520x318.jpg

Attachments

• 2010-porsche-911-gt3-wheel-photo-387778-s-520x318.jpg
    2010-porsche-911-gt3-wheel-photo-387778-s-520x318.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 289
Back