i want an exhaust that burbles

hello. love my 1992 NSX with comptech headers and stock exhaust but
i have always liked a deep exhaust note that burbles at idle and low RPM. not loud - a quiet sort of burble. anybody know which exhaust burbles the best? regarding higher RPM the quieter the better i hate attracting attention. TIA.

Hi

I have Tubi myself.

If you take a look here:

Movies

There you will hear my NSX with Tubi driving past a few times. Beware it is a 100mb large movie.

You can also have a look here and here

If you do a search here on Prime for "exhaust and webpage" you will find a webpage with several sounds from all the exhaust on the SOS page.

The Tubi does not burble but it gurgles. But not sure if it makes the sound that you want on the rpm you want.

Regards

Martin-

Great movie! Thank you for sharing. Nice sound as well.

Doug

Dtrigg said:
Martin-

Great movie! Thank you for sharing. Nice sound as well.

Doug

Thanks.

I could not believe the sound the Tubi had on high rpm. I had someone else drive my NSX while I was filming. It was also cool to see the car in movement.

Sound is not annoying on low rpm and just a lot of fun on high.

Regards

FWIW, there is/was a Tubi GB in the vendors forum.

I think you will only be happy with an exhaust system made by CAMARO, or maybe the new unit out by CORVETTE. These burble very nicely, in fact they sound just like a V8.

Gruppe M makes an exhaust that has a beautiful exhaust note. It has a velvety smooth exhaust note that is very deep at idle and low rpms. At full throttle high rpm use it sounds almost Porsche like.

i personally have heard comptech, taitec, and a few others and i will stand by the exhaust note made by my Flowmaster muffler. My girlfriend, after not seeing my car for 6 months, was driving behind me yesterday and felt it necessary to call me and tell me how orgasmic the exhaust note is at about 4,000 rpms in 3rd gear. It also idles really nicely!! and its about $1,000 cheaper than any other exhaust setup out there...oh and its lighter than 90% of them too. And I think someone on this site flowed 12whp off the muffler alone?? maybe he had intake too?

Brian i went to the flowmaster website they did not have muffler for NSX. did you adapt yours?

Brian2by2 said:
i personally have heard comptech, taitec, and a few others and i will stand by the exhaust note made by my Flowmaster muffler. My girlfriend, after not seeing my car for 6 months, was driving behind me yesterday and felt it necessary to call me and tell me how orgasmic the exhaust note is at about 4,000 rpms in 3rd gear. It also idles really nicely!! and its about $1,000 cheaper than any other exhaust setup out there...oh and its lighter than 90% of them too. And I think someone on this site flowed 12whp off the muffler alone?? maybe he had intake too?

I used to run a Flowmaster setup on my '94. Yes, it is very reasonable. Something like $80-$100 for the muffler, $120 for some nice tips and $50 to my local exhaust shop to weld it up. Call it $300 total. Pros, the sound is evil. More like a muscle car from the 60's than an import. It is LOUD. At least without cats which is how I ran it. I consider this a plus but it wouldn't be for the faint of heart. Cons, the butt dyno felt a noticable loss in power as compared to the Comptech unit I ran before and the Taitec JGTC parallel I run now.

TampaBayNSX-R said:
I used to run a Flowmaster setup on my '94. Yes, it is very reasonable. Something like $80-$100 for the muffler, $120 for some nice tips and $50 to my local exhaust shop to weld it up. Call it $300 total. Pros, the sound is evil. More like a muscle car from the 60's than an import. It is LOUD. At least without cats which is how I ran it. I consider this a plus but it wouldn't be for the faint of heart. Cons, the butt dyno felt a noticable loss in power as compared to the Comptech unit I ran before and the Taitec JGTC parallel I run now.
i live in sacramento so comptech is 30 minutes a way. guess comptech muffler is inevitable.

willabeest said:
hello. love my 1992 NSX with comptech headers and stock exhaust but
i have always liked a deep exhaust note that burbles at idle and low RPM. not loud - a quiet sort of burble. anybody know which exhaust burbles the best? regarding higher RPM the quieter the better i hate attracting attention. TIA.

based on everything you described, especially the quiet burble, and not wanting to attract attention. Tubi is the one to choose, however, obtaining a new one seems impossible for now.

GruppM, Taitec will definitely attract attention.

Just remember if you are planning to update to the '02 rear valance that may be problematic for some exhausts with dual tips. If not, no worries. Good luck, finding the exhaust that is right for you is not easy- I like my Comptech.

Wow Sounds Awesome!

From my experience the gruppeM burbles and attracts attention every where you go but it sounds awesome very similar to the video of martins car but no cats and burbles all day long.

here is a video from neonsx.Gruppe M

Back