I ran into a 710HP Blue Audi R8 (Supercharged)

Right by the Oracle HQ buildings on the way to lunch.

Nothing happened due to lunch traffic, but i know the dude wanted to race since he came warping up my driver side from a 1/4 mile away.

I do a quick search and that is his car.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bradfordspeers/7805400044/

Well my new pulley for the SOS SC for more boost (13~psi) should be shipping out today.

:eek:

R8 might pull on Godzilla though after 1/4 due to the extra weight Godzilla has to keep dragging.

You should be happy a 200k car still thought you were a worthy challenge :)

I thought you were going to say "I ran into an R8" as in I CRASHED into it!:eek: I thought OH NO! Glad that's not the case.
=DREW=

710hp on an R8 will likely mean 533whp since most German car guys refer to power at the crank.....even still...good luck with that.

i definitely think you have a chance at 450 rwhp given the weight advantage... your main issue willbe off the ine traction though. Beat him? unlikely... show him he ain't as fast as all that... very likely...

fwiw my 620 rwhp GT (now making only 800 rwhp) got pulled down from 50-120ish by mr. bozo at 500 rwhp in an NA1 nsx.. I've since fixed that "problem" with an extra 180 rwhp

So if I brought my NSX to 450rwhp do u think I have a chance given my weight advantage from a roll?

To hit 127+ traps on an NSX you would need around ~480rwhp. Once you get in the 120s you need more than 10rwhp to increase your trap speed by 1 mph. Also if you spin your tires in any gear and have to feather the throttle then you of course are not getting the most out of your setup. I would not believe that R8 is at 700 HP unless it has massive supercharger and transmission losses. The V10 R8 traps at ~125.

There is only like a 350lb difference....and when you go from a roll he still has advantage, because he really wont lose traction. But at the end of the day if you lose, who cares.

One of my good friends is getting the Stasis SC put on his R8 this week. It's a V8 and they say 540hp and on the V10 its 700hp. He is getting it installed at the dealer and he will be able to keep his factory warranty.

Last edited:
Sixty mph is attained in 3.1 seconds. A quarter-mile is crushed in 11 seconds flat at 127.3 mph.

STOCK: 0-60 mph in 3.4 sec; 11.6 sec at 122.1 mph

Not alot of bang of the buck in dollar to performance.

I don't get why it's not under 3 secs on 0-60 like the GTR. Both are about the same weight.
0-60 seems so arbitrary these days. When cars were slower like in the 6secs then you get more comparable results... now that cars are breaking 3 secs you have so many other factors involved such as reaction time, shifting speed, gearing differences, traction, measuring equipment variances, etc... these 10ths of seconds add up.. then next thing you know someone is wondering why one car is .1xx slower than the other.

Lap times makes a little more sense. At least you can evaluate the entire car and all it's moving pieces.. not just the horsepower.

Lap time performance would make no sense at all IMO. 0-60,0-100, standing 1/4 mile, top speed and braking distances are fine comparison factors. All of the variables you mentioned are also still there when on a track.

I can't see any scenario where you would pull him unless he fell asleep or was in the wrong gear. With that said, I don't think he would embarrass you. I just checked the pricing for some of the SC kits and man are they ridiculous. If you think the NSX SCer is bad those are X3! With that type of money spent I can not see why he would not just skip the SCer in favor of the TT.

Damnnnnn $40k for that setup, and you only get 185hp gain over stock. Eh, I guess when you put it into perpsective, the guy gets a no headache setup and gets to keep his warranty intact.

After reading UGR site I am gonna have to take back the whole warranty thing.....lol. Their stage 1 kit is $39k installed and makes 700 whp on 93 octane. If you have an extra $40k to spend on your close to $200k car who cares about the warranty!

Last edited:
710 at the crank or wheels?
If the crank, then probably equals 550ish at the wheels.
450whp NSX vs 550whp R8. NSX is what, 500lbs lighter?
I think you'll destroy him.

710 at the wheels, no way.

Last edited:
There is only like a 350lb difference....and when you go from a roll he still has advantage, because he really wont lose traction. But at the end of the day if you lose, who cares.

R8 V10 Curb weight: 3650 lb
1993 NSX Curb Weight: 2,976 lb

I don't have a heavy targa top NSX. I'm going to conjecture that I'm right at the OEM curb weight since I've added and deleted weight.

- - - Updated - - -

I can't see any scenario where you would pull him unless he fell asleep or was in the wrong gear. With that said, I don't think he would embarrass you. I just checked the pricing for some of the SC kits and man are they ridiculous. If you think the NSX SCer is bad those are X3! With that type of money spent I can not see why he would not just skip the SCer in favor of the TT.

Yes they are a ridiculous in price for under 200HP bump and just a few seconds shaved off the acceleration numbers. It's an American Eaton TVS2300 roots blower (cheaper to make than my Twin Screw SOS SC due to larger production numbers and tolerances doesn't have to be as tight).

He lives in CA so much of what we do here in CA is governed from emissions to guns.

These R8 are faster than you guys think. My friend who is supercharging his raced me and he has a chip and intake with gave him 40hp. My car dynoed 400whp and from 60-130 we were even. Stock R8 with the V8 traps 115-118. Which is pretty much what 400hp gives most Nsx in the 1/4

I think a 450rwhp could keep up stoplight to stoplight no problem. When Car and Driver does a run and comes up with a 2.9 or 3.2sec 0-60 time, that is under perfect conditions with plenty of time to use launch control. Launch control is good for 1/3 to 1/2 second 0-60 in my humble opinion.

Seems American muscle cars are few remaining mega performance cars not to have AWD combined with launch control. Some manufactures see the advantages and some just see added weight and complexity.

There is also a 1000hp R8 video I saw on UR which was just absolutely sick fast.

710 at the crank or wheels?
If the crank, then probably equals 550ish at the wheels.
450whp NSX vs 550whp R8. NSX is what, 500lbs lighter?
I think you'll destroy him.

710 at the wheels, no way.

Stoplight to stoplight full advantage goes to R8. It puts down right around 400tq based on a 25% drivetrain loss with AWD compared to 260ish that Batman's car is putting down.

Stoplight to stoplight full advantage goes to R8. It puts down right around 400tq based on a 25% drivetrain loss with AWD compared to 260ish that Batman's car is putting down.

Where did you get 260ish?

Last I recalled my car was making 400rwhp~/300rwtq~ at 9psi.

Once I get the pulley and tune upgrade to 13psi~ I think the gap between the 2 cars starts to narrow very quickly.

Back