I"mmm backkk!! :d

Linney is the man! i think you get use to the speed but not the torque since the stock turbos die out on top end. Yea it's sad there's a huge thread on how people were disappointed on how their GT-R felt but it was because they were using 91 and the base maps were all tuned for 93+. I agree on the modern stuff/comfort-ability/big trunk/it being a sumo not being scared of someone hitting you haha. Are you trying to daily drive your vehicle even in the winter months? I should really give you a ride in mine with e85 and Nisco TCM tune but then again you're probably wanting to keep it stock-ish? I 110% agree on your last statement.

Ben's 91 tune fixed a lot of that problem. I am getting about 1.2 bar max boost now and no longer going into limp mode. I also have his NISMO TCM tune (the newer "street" version) and also had his original NISMO race tune Ben also gave me LC6 if I want to go back to stock. Like the NSX, my GT-R is a year-round daily driver and I love it. ATTESA-E-TS Pro is just as good as SH-AWD, so on these tires the car is great in the snow.

Funny you should mention E85. So, I'm kinda on the fence. Now that the cool weather is back, the GT-R feels exactly how I like it, even on 91. I'm getting sub 3 second 0-60 launches. During the summer, however, I was missing some top end for sure due mostly to the horrible DA at those temps. It seems like I have two solutions. One, I could do downpipes and midpipe, which Ben said will help with spool and top end. My issue is that I don't want the car any louder than it is now (stock DP, stock MP, HKS Legamax exhaust). 90mm downpipes and midpipes are just going to be louder, unless AMS can build something for me lol. Or two, I could go E85 with a flex fuel tune from Ben. Problem there is having to mod the fuel system with DIY filters and cutting up the pump basket. And, all that sticky gum in the intake tract. The upside of course is I get to run on essentially 100 octane race fuel. :D I was thinking Gotboost flexfuel kit, ASNU injectors and 340 pumps, custom pre-pump filters and stainless post-pump filter in the engine bay. Of course, then I kick myself for complaining about "only" 480 hp instead of 580 when the weather gets hot and is that really a problem, considering I was happy to hit 290 in my NSX? Do I even need to do any of this?

Ben's 91 tune fixed a lot of that problem. I am getting about 1.2 bar max boost now and no longer going into limp mode. I also have his NISMO TCM tune (the newer "street" version) and also had his original NISMO race tune Ben also gave me LC6 if I want to go back to stock. Like the NSX, my GT-R is a year-round daily driver and I love it. ATTESA-E-TS Pro is just as good as SH-AWD, so on these tires the car is great in the snow.

Funny you should mention E85. So, I'm kinda on the fence. Now that the cool weather is back, the GT-R feels exactly how I like it, even on 91. I'm getting sub 3 second 0-60 launches. During the summer, however, I was missing some top end for sure due mostly to the horrible DA at those temps. It seems like I have two solutions. One, I could do downpipes and midpipe, which Ben said will help with spool and top end. My issue is that I don't want the car any louder than it is now (stock DP, stock MP, HKS Legamax exhaust). 90mm downpipes and midpipes are just going to be louder, unless AMS can build something for me lol. Or two, I could go E85 with a flex fuel tune from Ben. Problem there is having to mod the fuel system with DIY filters and cutting up the pump basket. And, all that sticky gum in the intake tract. The upside of course is I get to run on essentially 100 octane race fuel. :D I was thinking Gotboost flexfuel kit, ASNU injectors and 340 pumps, custom pre-pump filters and stainless post-pump filter in the engine bay. Of course, then I kick myself for complaining about "only" 480 hp instead of 580 when the weather gets hot and is that really a problem, considering I was happy to hit 290 in my NSX? Do I even need to do any of this?

Nice! glad Linney got that limp mode all done for you, its a tragedy that other GTR owners don't know how the true potential feels haha.

Just by reading your post i would def just stick to where you're now and add a nice downpipe/midpipe combo with stock catback. I truly love the stock catback sound with that combo, its growly but not obnoxious. Also the catback hasnt proven any HP gains except when you're going 4" all the way through and hitting 700+. I have the gotboost FF kit and its amazing, love that i can dial in and see on my stock computer on what the ethanol content is. Plus on the upside whenever you're cruising and need to fill up, you can go with whatever octane and it adjust.

I would try to find a happy median in power especially since you DD with family/kids. Remember reliability is key just like you said in the first post, even though you can take it to a reputable shop and swap out those pumps/injectors it can always fail compared to having it OEM. The power will be an omph but nothing worth sacrificing peace of mind.

Also to add to your last comment, #s are so unequal in every car aspect. My GTR should be putting down 600/600 and yes it feels fast but just semi wotting this NSX i freak out. Huge difference in the way power gets put down and the weight of the vehicle changes everything. With the GTR, its fat and planted so adding more power doesn't seem too crazy but i remember adding power to my RX7 i thought i was going to die in that car haha.

Last edited:
Awesome and welcome back, do you have a 3+ car garage and what do you drive for those snowy Colorado winters?

Congrats yoojeankim! Tim's car is a beauty. You'll love it.

Ironically, I recently left the fold and rejoined Team RX7.

I'll never leave Team NSX but am thinking about adding another 90's Japanese sports car to the collection.

vr4...................

vr4...................

Getting warmer, Im thinking 3000GT, 300ZX or maybe RX7? Too bad the Supra's are insane as I probably would have liked one of those. The hunt is half the fun. Needs to have crazy low mileage and all stock like the rest of the lineup. Needless to say I like cars for the late 90's, from my teenage years.

Congrats yoojeankim! Tim's car is a beauty. You'll love it.

Ironically, I recently left the fold and rejoined Team RX7.

nicee!! i miss the rx7, i want 1 was my 3rd sports car though... haha

This with an LS swap would a fantastic combo. Just don't delete the AC.
Thought about the LS swap... very seriously. But this has such nice lightness and feel with the rotary...

Back