I love the tone my stock muff gives off under acceleration

zahntech said:
Hey! my lexus V8 makes a really cool sound when my wife is drag racing every speed racer civic in town! Don't tell her its not a "sports car" :wink:

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

She probably kicked all their butts....

She does I dont let her drive my car cuz she is nuts..She raced a co worker at lunch one day and he was in his TL non S and he lost then back at work he said loudly that he would beat her in his dads NSX! ...everybody laughed cuz they knew her "daddy" had just as much NSX in his garage :wink:

lhpnsx said:
nsxsupra...I don't mind noise, what about the JTC vs the LW?

Well as for GTLW vs JGTC, perfect timing for this question as we just did a test over last weekend at local nsx meet. If you want absolutely maximum rwhp gain, this is the exhaust for you.

I raced a 04 3.2L 6spd Imola Oragne NSX with JGTC exahust last weekend at local meet from 0~120mph with 4 nsxs following us, so there are actual witnesses, they are all prime members.

The 04 NSX had 2~3 feet jump as he slipped the clutch and lauched like bat out of hell, pretty darn good driver, I launched at 1500rpm on narrow oem tires, he could not pull even an inch away. By 70mph we was dead even, and I am actually starting to pull ahead, and stayed ahead until 120mph (I topped out the 3rd gear). We both had TCS disabled, confirmed with the driver afterwards. He also had that clutch smell. I did not slip the clutch, no smells.

Racing like that on the street was the dumbest thing we have ever done. I am thankful we both still have our licence, sometimes people do things without thinking twice. Next weekend we can probably try something safer 30~90mph highway roll.

I am 3.0L 5spd 92 with just GTLW exhaust and Cantrell AIS. 270.1rwhp is comfirmed not only on dyno, now also on street against 3.2L nsx as well in front of other nsx owners.

Sound wise, I took another NSX owner for a ride today. He said it is really quiet inside the cabin. It it oem quiet if you install the silencer that came with exhaust, absolutely zero cabin droning. Best of both worlds.

Last edited:
I went for it and ordered a LW...so now just waiting I want to do the AIS, but have a rain concern that I've voiced in another thread...but can you quickly comment on rain issues with the AIS?

As somebody said, the intoxicating sounds is the induction, not the exhaust. The exhaust on our 2000 NSX didn't make a noise, and it looked awful too.

-Rob

I love the tone my stock muff gives off under acceleration

Did somebody say 'sound'?? I didn't know the stock car even has an exhaust?! If it has then the NSX must be electric :tongue: The only 'sound' I can hear in stock form is the V6 orchestra!

Yeah I prefer to listen to the intake on "take off" and not the exhaust but I am just an old fuddy duddy I guess.. :smile:

lhpnsx said:
I went for it and ordered a LW...so now just waiting I want to do the AIS, but have a rain concern that I've voiced in another thread...but can you quickly comment on rain issues with the AIS?

I drove through an absolute downpour last weekend with the AIS with no problems. Of course, this doesn't prove that something _couldn't_ happen. But I can't see how enough water could go into the intake and UP to the engine to matter, unless you drive through 2-3' of water. Just my opinion....

Back