I love my NSX-R suspension, but...

Hey Ferrand,
I didn't know you used to have NA2 NSX-R suspension. If that's not the case, how do you compare of what you have right now with the NSX-R suspension?
Personally, I liked the NSX-R suspension because it developed by Honda and that's a proven performance. Another point is, not everyone out there going for the NSX-R theme and therefore don't care much about the NSX-R suspension. But for a few NSX-R purists like me, I prefered proven performance and that NSX-Rism about it.
My car is now fully equiped with R goodies... pictures to come.

dude, remember GARY??? I driven the R suspension many many times, including street or track.

just to clarify, i liked the nsx-r suspension too, but at their introductory price, which is around $2000. I believed it's going for close to $3k right now, and once you up there, there are a few other better options.

Last edited:
Based on your replies in this thread - I would just leave it alone.

You love the set up on the street and the track. Plus you don't want to spend too much. That to me means leave it alone.

Why do you want a lower Center of Gravity anyways?

Based on your replies in this thread - I would just leave it alone.

You love the set up on the street and the track. Plus you don't want to spend too much. That to me means leave it alone.

Why do you want a lower Center of Gravity anyways?

Your point is well taken, and perhaps the route I will take (or not take as it were :wink:). But having driven my car with a lowered suspension (Eibach Pro), I liked the more "planted" feeling and lower polar moment that I sensed with the car sitting lower.

maybe what you felt is just simply the difference on toe and camber settings. I would try that before cutting the springs.

or even a set of thicker sway bars to eliminate body roll?

Will a cutting wheel really work without compromising the spring?

Remember that cutting the spring will cause the spring rate to increase. I know it doesn't sound correct, but it's true. Look at the spring k constant equation.

spring_rate_equation.png

(G) = material rigidity or torsional modulus
(d) = wire diameter
(n) = number of active coils
(D) = mean coil diameter

If you cut the spring you are reducing (n = number of active coils) where everything else remains the same. This is inversely proportional to the spring rate, therefore k (spring rate) increases.

I just wish I could lower the car by about an inch. :confused: Anyone have any ideas?
Sorry to sound like a broken record, but JRZ is the answer. Dynamically like track suspension under loading, plus runs like a Lexus around town and over speed bumps. its creepy nice. >> talk with Jon Martin

Re: desires...

Have you considered doing the Bilstein sport-shocks w/ Dali Racing springs or even the Bilstein sport-shocks / Zanardi-springs combo? You'll get nice/firm handling & lowered-height/feel by using the lower perch of the shock. Those are quite enticing options and viable alternatives to pricier coil-over setups!

The Bilstein/Dali spring combo is great but the level of performance is nowhere near the Type-R or even the Zanardi. I would suggest this combo for someone who isn't regularly tracking the car and who wants a very OEM level of comfort. The performance is a little better than OEM but not much. That setup rides like a dream though.

The Bilstein/Zanardi spring combo isn't one I'd recommend. The Zanardi springs are simply too much for the stock NSX Bilsteins. The spring rates are nearly double that of the OEM spring--which the stock NSX Bilstein is valved for. You won't get proper dampening (meaning performance will be compromised) and the shocks will die a very early death. The Bilsteins are guaranteed for life but who wants to R & R them every 30K miles?

I would recommend the Zanardi springs either on Zanardi shocks or have Koni custom valve a shock for use with the Zanardi springs. Same goes for the Tanabe springs.

Back