I like your VIPER...

redshift said:
I know a lot of us get "nice corvette," but have you ever heard... "I like your Viper."

I was approached by a woman at the gym in her late 40's who told me that she really likes my viper. She went on to say that she knows about the car because her son has one... interesting that she'd make that mistake.

I'm can only assume that her son drives a red viper and she saw a unique car and thought it was the same... :confused: ....

Nothing :confused: here, she was hitting on you.

Russ said:
Nothing :confused: here, she was hitting on you.
Hmmm... I've had my share of getting hit on (even in the college gym), but this would just be strange! I'm 25 and (at the risk of sounding arrogant) did fitness modeling for ASU (so I'm in good physical shape). She was maybe 47-49, had no make-up on, and was maybe 100 lbs overweight (I'm not being condescending). Please, I'm not trying to offend anyone or be egotistical (because I'm not), I'm just putting the situation in perspective and be realistic (we obviously weren't compatible)... I really think she honestly believed my car was a Viper... or maybe I'm just REALLY approachable... or naive :confused: :wink: :biggrin:

Please no flames!

Last edited:
redshift said:
I really think she honestly believed my car was a Viper... or maybe I'm just REALLY approachable... or naive :confused: :wink: :biggrin:

I noticed that people in general will make an effort to address its a nice car. Viper or Ferrari or what not.

I dont get that driving my BMW or the MB S-class.

At Car Craft this year, I had hundreds (no kidding) of people looking around the car and saying with great assuredness "Its a Corvette/Ferrari/Lambo/Fiero/Kit Car" etc. so I thought I'd throw them all off and hand drew a little oval with the word "Ford" in it and put that over the Acura name on the rear.

You should have seen the confusion! It was great to see them look at the Ford sign, then look around the car - apparently for Ford parts of some kind. A couple people peeled up the tape and looked underneath to see the Acura name, and one guy said "Nope, its a Ford!"

I almost Peed.

Here's what it looked like:

P7161554.JPG

EIFFEL said:
A yound boy scout came to my house and sold me some popcorns for fundraising and as he was leaving. He said"That's a nice camaro you got. Sir" I just about told hime to cancel my order and give me money back, instead I told him " It's an ACURA" He just looked at me with :confused: .

awww hehe ... WELL, just yesterday, I visited my sister, and as I pulled in her compound's garage... this lady said "Does your car always sound like that?"

Me: "Yea, it can be loud. Just the way it is."
Miss Lady: "Well, it's too loud. Soundz like you were going to fast"
Me: "Oh, well, sorry. That's just the way it is."
Miss Old Lady: "You need to not go so fast in here with 'that' thing."
Me: "Um, okay, thaNSX for the comp" (p.s. Was under 5mph)
Miss Old Lady: "ugh"
Me: : smile smile :

Some people ;) !

nsxbuilder said:
At Car Craft this year, I had hundreds (no kidding) of people looking around the car and saying with great assuredness "Its a Corvette/Ferrari/Lambo/Fiero/Kit Car" etc. so I thought I'd throw them all off and hand drew a little oval with the word "Ford" in it and put that over the Acura name on the rear.

You should have seen the confusion! It was great to see them look at the Ford sign, then look around the car - apparently for Ford parts of some kind. A couple people peeled up the tape and looked underneath to see the Acura name, and one guy said "Nope, its a Ford!"

I almost Peed.

LOL. That is hilarious! Great idea !*~

Reminds me of a car show I was at with one of the NSX's and I overheard this guy talking to his girlfriend (he was trying to sound all intelligent and manly) and started saying, 'Yeah....this is a Ferrari....my 'Vette would smoke it....this thing is turbocharged though,' and I had to laugh. First he thought it was a Ferrari, then he thought it was turbocharged, AND he was sure his 'Vette would smoke it. Sheeeesh.... :rolleyes:

Yep..........a neighbor from down the street the other day (who hadn't seen my new toy yet) said "nice Vette". I replied...." this aint no Vette, that's for sure" :mad:

Some people are pretty funny, if it's red and sporty......it must be a Vette.

nsxbuilder said:
so I thought I'd throw them all off and hand drew a little oval with the word "Ford" in it and put that over the Acura name on the rear.

LOL... that's just too funny!!! :D

MiamiMermaid said:

awww hehe ... WELL, just yesterday, I visited my sister, and as I pulled in her compound's garage... this lady said "Does your car always sound like that?"

Some people ;) !

What exhaust do you have? I love hearing even the stocker resonate through a parking garage! This lady evidently didn't appreciate it as much though. :rolleyes:

MiamiMermaid said:

Some people ;) !

LOL! I just got the same thing yesterday driving through a parking lot. I was going down the main isle at about 5-10 mph (paying very close attention to people traffic so as to avoid hitting anybody :wink: ). There was an old woman with her grandchild (probably) and she was standing on the curb looking the other way holding the little boy's hand. She must have heard my car (RM exhaust) because she yanked the little boy's arm almost out of its socket in an attempt to pull him away from the street (which they weren't even crossing) and held him closely across his chest... she glared at me. When I pulled along side her she was angrily saying something to me. I stopped and rolled down my windows and she yelled at me to pay attention and slow down! I said that I was and I'm only going about 5 mph. She yelled, "BULLSHIT!"... I just said sorry and drove away. There was a small crowd and a lot of them were just shaking their head in disbelief at the crazy old lady. It made me angry at the time, but now it just seems so funny!!! I feel really bad for the little boy because the arm tug must have hurt :eek: .

redshift said:
LOL! I I stopped and rolled down my windows and she yelled at me to pay attention and slow down! I said that I was and I'm only going about 5 mph. She yelled, "BULLSHIT!"... I just said sorry and drove away. There was a small crowd and a lot of them were just shaking their head in disbelief at the crazy old lady. It made me angry at the time, but now it just seems so funny!!! I feel really bad for the little boy because the arm tug must have hurt :eek: .

Haha!! Exactly! I guess they see a red exotic sports car, hear the roar ... and all this equates danger and speeding (while you're going about 7 mph). :tongue:

*KUDOS*~ to you and your sense of humor. :biggrin:

MLmotorsport said:
What exhaust do you have? I love hearing even the stocker resonate through a parking garage! This lady evidently didn't appreciate it as much though. :rolleyes:

LOL, that she didn't :tongue:

It's just my stock exhaust but it soundz like lovely music to me, echoing off the garage walls ! Awww, to be in awe of the NSX ;)

MiamiMermaid said:

LOL, that she didn't :tongue:

It's just my stock exhaust but it soundz like lovely music to me, echoing off the garage walls ! Awww, to be in awe of the NSX ;)

When I had my Taitec JGTC Parallel Exit exhaust I serenaded many people with the music.... ;)

When I was driving my turbocharged 240SX around in my neighborhood I kept getting "nice Supra!", etc.

Plus some guy ran out in the middle of the road in front of my car as I was doing a whopping 15 mph because I was "going to hit someone driving that fast in the neighborhood!".

Sorry no NSX yet, so you have to live with 240SX stories. LOL.

Oh and some guy called my car a Prelude, then wanted to know if he could buy it for $2500 (I had over $15000 in mods done to the car at the time).

So it is safe to say there are more 'non-car people' out there than was originally thought. :D

Lets see i have owned my car for 5 years now I have had people call it a
"poor man's Ferrari"

This one lady said "OMG hes driving a Ferrari"

Outside of Shark club in Costa Mesa a former high school female friend said "wow you bought a corvette"

I park it at Irvine Spectrum Valet in the front often and, one guy said "IS THAT A VECTOR?" as he got close he said "Oh its an NSX" good for him he knew his cars.

Another time at spectrum some guys kid said "wow look at that car" and his dad said "What that, thats an overpriced Honda"

Again at spectrum I was parked up front by a Porsche 911 Turbo and this female was walking with a group of friends guys and girls, and she said "I like that Porsche and that black car is pretty nice too, what is it?" and her guy friend replied really loud "Whatever my Viper will whoop that Porsche's ass and the other car is a Honda with a body kit!" LOL what an ass

At a friends house a female said "Isnt that a 240" I didnt show it, but my mouth dropped on that comment.

Thats about it, most of the time people ask what car it is, I just say it's an Acura

I was at the video store and my wife stayed in the car all of a sudden a bunch of kids started saying, "Hey look there's a Ferrari out there!" I kinda just listened to them talk. They were trying to get their other friend from the back of the store to check out the Ferrari outside. Then I had to tell them that it's a NSX. The kids didn't believe it. Kids now a days :) That's just the 2nd day I've owned the car.

Me and VAMP_Nsx stopped at a Shell gas station and some guys pulled up to ask about the car..we said that it was a Honda..

their response was...

"HOW DO YOU MAKE AN ACCORD LOOK LIKE THAT?"....

lol

Mike

today i got nice mclaren

i usually get ferarri or corvette, the best ever is when they say
that looks like they copied the corvette...

small nuance... what i find quite interesting is the difference in perspective between car people and non-car people. my one friend asked me one day why i didnt put a ferarri logo on the car etc.... (at a loss to explain how that was totally ridiculous and silly i just ignored that one) i guess i just don't roll like that =)

the best ever is when TL and CL guys roll up and tell me that they have the SAME engine as me..... maybe the block etc... but still LOL

Mine had been called Prelude several time. To the same comment I had said for the price I paid for the NSX I could have gotten a dozen of Preludes.

all i get is.... nice NSX. Never got a VETT or a Farrari yet.... maybe its the age group of people that approach you.

Back