I hope to become an NSX owner soon

I have had or now own several nice Honda/Acuras, always with my eyes on the ultimate one the NSX. Right now I own a slightly modified 99 Civic hatch, a stock 2002 EX Civic, a 2007 Acura TL Type S and a 2002 Spa Yellow S2000. In the past I have owned several Integras, 91, 92, 95 and a 2000 Yellow Type R and a Sebring Silver S2000. But I think the time has come to move on an NSX.
This all came into place with my current 1999 Civic hatch that I bought off of a co-worker last year. I bought it for next to nothing, it is spartan, in excellent shape manual, no electric anything, with my eye on doing a Type R replica with it, after driving it for a year to see if any problems arose with it. I have saved up money to make that happen, but realize that if I liquidated some assests (I have a LOT of guitars and etc) plus I am coming into some money that I would be within the range of picking up a decent NSX 25-30k...
Which brought me here... to NSX Prime
I am hoping that before fall I can procure a nice NSX and join the ranks of the fortunate to own one of these fine cars. I am looking through this site to get ideas and even use the for sale section here to purchase one.

manfromplanetx

Welcome to Prime! NSXs in the 25-30 range move super quick, so once you find one you like, jump on it!

Yes EK, thats why I want to have the CIF (cash in fist) before even getting my hopes up,and yes I will be in that 25-30k range, thats why I joined here, much in the same way www.s2ki.com used to be, a great resource for help when it comes to buying one of these types of cars. Unfortunately, the S2000 market has collapsed to the price point of 'younger' owners. Not that its a bad thing, but take the S2000 that I bought, the kid had put all the same size gold Drag 17' wheels and tires on it,and the day I went to 1st look at the car he was getting ready to put 2.5 inch lowering springs on it. Ohterwise stock with 65k on it, and runs really strong, stronger than the 1st one that I bought new, and others I have ridden and or drove, so I got lucky. My actual dream is to own all 3 of the hand builts from Suzuka, the NSX, the S2000 (pre 2004),and yes a Honda Insight... hahahaaa

manfromplanetx

I know exactly what you mean about s2ki. Fortunately the prices of clean NSX's have bottomed out to ~$25k for the last couple of years so they are still out of reach from mod happy youngsters.

Definitely have cash in hand since clean NSX's <$30 go quick. Check this sites for sale section, cars.com, autotrader and craigslist.

Thanks Coconut, and also my mom has a husky too.. the most subtle dog I have ever seen, and beautiful too. My 1st S2000 I bought new in 2002, and back then S2KI was the place to go, had the car for 4 years and sold it. Had the bug for a yellow one a two years back and got the one I have now. HopefullyI will have similar luck with the NSX, its going to take a few months of selling guitars to get to my goal, but I got a good head start already. :)

Ahhh thats where I recognized your name from!!! yes I read through that over the weekend, interesting and helpful. Like I said orignally, I hope I canspot one through here, I was watching 2 on Ebay... they seem to be scams though, a red one with carbon, with pics from someone elses sale, and a silver one that is similar. In general I am not so sure I would trust Ebay. I did sell one of my integras on there, after my son had nearly destroyed it and it sold for really good money, somebody came with a trailer and picked it up... and they were as happy as could be!!!

pm sent

myself. check your private message (pm). i am rwdforlife. coconut provided and created a very helpful thread. if you have any other questions, the community here is great with helpful insights, and if you are unable to check out a car, some members are willing to provide a helping hand. :wink:

well, I am at the 1/3rd financial mark, by the time I get to the 1/2 mark I will be within irresponsible financial decision range of purchasing. So essentially, bout 4-5 more guitars and stuff to sell...

mpx

well some good fortune has come my way and I am officially in the hunt...
Coconut is it ok if I shoot you a pmwith a Q?

mpx

Hurry up dude, we are waiting for you :)

hahahaaa... that made my weekend!!! Actually, the last check I had deposited was large enough (which is good) to cause the bank to put a hold on it until it clears (7-10 days) (which is bad) so it is a hurry upand wait position I find myself in. I have talked to 2 prospective owners and am setting things up to go... hopefully it will all time out right....

Thanks for the tip Gelato, that is beautiful, and the color that I decided that I like and can afford. I was talking with the guy with the black one in FL, but unfortunately that one sold, and Ilocated another black one close tome. Unfortunately still waiting for my money to clear... hopefully in the next couple of days. Its ok though, I know things will work out and I need to be patient and not just buy the 1st thing... although... sometimes I do that anyway :)

the florida one my buddy just did the PPI it was a great buy. it went fast

- - - Updated - - -

I am buying 2 more NSX's soon and they will be in the 28-30K mark if your still looking let me know but.... one of them I am changing the color.... complete strip of the car down to the chassis and complete change of color It will look like it came from the factory. build thread is to arrive shortly

I may be doing a real wide body not a kit... I cant say more than that its going to be a surprise for NSXPRIME

Shawn

yeah the one in Fla did feel right and it would have been the 1st one I went after. My money clears on Thursday ... so if something else like that comes up I will be ready this time. Ideally 60-80k miles and $30k or less. Obviously its not unreasonable, since I just missed one... hahahaaa... there is another black one that I may go look at this weekend... with less miles but about $5k more than I want to pay

You can buy my 91 Silver one if you are willing to come to California.

Welcome to Prime, S2ki sucks HUGE now, I opened a thread with a link to my site, it was edited and my link removed, because it had 3 banners, that is a show of the current mentality, that site is really going down.

Prime is the place to be! :)

Oscar

Back