i don't know how a young family gets ahead these days

if you guys have an ikea around they have breakfast for 99 cents, which includes eggs, potatoes, bacon and coffee. for a dollar more you can get french toast sticks or cinnabon.

First real solution I've heard all day. You can probably even eat it while using their furniture.

First real solution I've heard all day. You can probably even eat it while using their furniture.

+1

another tip: today when i was renewing my businessweek subscription over the phone, when their operator gave me the price i said, "hmm, is that the best you can do?"... "let me check"... "no, it looks like i can get that to you for 45.95" an ~ 25% drop from my quoted renew price.

"just ask" is my new mantra....

Seriously -- the funny thing is that 99.9% of us are on the same page here. We'd all prefer oil/gas prices to go back down. The people that are arguing "for" the oil co's aren't thrilled, they're just explaining the economics, as unfortunate as it is for consumers.

BTW, Red, I agree that the majors aren't entirely 100% price takers. There is room for manipulation, but it's not responsible for most of the high prices if any at all. Maybe a couple bucks of premium goes to the B/S manipulation, but $100 oil is still $100 oil, give or take. Who knows? Not I...

Since two posts mentioned pho, when I was in Vietnam at the end of 2005, a generous bowl of pho bo cost 15,000 VND at a restaurant in Saigon. 15,000 VND is roughly one U.S. dollar.

I am reading this post at 12:40am and it is making me HUNGRY!!!

The soup one really got me! I am on my way over to your house for some soup!:smile:

Back