I did It !!! Newest NSX Owner !!! Waaa Hoooo !!!

As far as water getting in I can tell you that I drove through an absolute torrential downpour one night with no problems. I mean it was raining so hard that even with Aqualpel (PPG's better answer to RainX) and the wipers going full I couldn't see more than 20' in front of me. I mean it was pouring. No problems. I have also raced it on the track in a moderate rainfall with no problems.

Now if you try to cross a river with it... good luck. Otherwise, I think the rain in the intake theory is just that... theoretical.

+1

Congrats on the new NSX. The 2002+ looks great in red. :smile:

I think someone said that 2nd NSX needs a wheel alignment - I agree - I think you may have a little too much toe out in the rear. :biggrin: :tongue:

Big Congrats Ian...
You have the one that my wife and I are looking for.
Your NSX looks dyno...mite.

I did it. I bought a 2002 NSX with 15,000 miles on it. Bringing her back to Canada. Canada will never be the same. LOL !!!

I have been looking forward to attending NSXPO in October, now I will be able to attend with my own car. I fly back down to New Jersey to pick it up end of next week. I can't wait. The NSX is such an amazing car.

See you all down in Ohio in October.

Ian

IMG_4227.jpg

Yup, she is wild and "WET" already....:)
congrats on your baby.

I am still waiting on getting her here.

There was a couple week hold up due to the recall clearance letter required for RIV.CA. I am told, by the automotive transport company they will have the car in Toronto tomorrow. It has to be e-tested, certified and RIV requirements done. So if all goes well, my baby should be here for this coming weekend. Do you know what I'll be doing this weekend ?

The purchase of my NSX has been an exciting experience. This board has helped with my enjoyment factor huge.

Thanks to this board, I am signed up for NSXPO, I have bought the last 14 long oil filters at our local Acura dealer and purchased from ZETOOLMAN a V3 Sub-woofer, 6.5" speaker plates and I don't even have possession of my car yet.

I have been thinking over the past couple of days as to why I have not purchased my dream car before this. I keep coming back to the old saying, Better late than never !!!

When I get it I will post a bunch more pictures.

Ian

You need to be very very careful dealing with Downforce. Once you start, it's almost impossible to stop. My wallet is so thin, my pants actually fit better.:rolleyes:

You need to be very very careful dealing with Downforce. Once you start, it's almost impossible to stop. My wallet is so thin, my pants actually fit better.:rolleyes:

i'M IN WITH THE SAME BOATWITH YOU :biggrin:
But that's why I work for :smile:

Anyway, thx 4 Ben & Downforce I got great parts to my nsx :smile:

Hey Ian...
Didn't know it took so long for the shipment of the vehicle. To keep you posted, no NSX for me yet. Price is still way in the sky. Hopefully a good deal will surface. What you have is the ultimate dream car for my wife and I. Please take lots of pics and share.

I might have to wait as much as two more weeks before I get my car as there is a bracket of some sort attached to the a rear tie rod that needs to be replaced before passing safety. The part is back ordered and could take as much as two weeks to get it in. Bummer !!!

The car was inspected down in the US by an Acura dealership and received the green light as a very clean car in excellent shape, so we believe this bent bracket was bent during the shipping of the car up north here, some how when they tied down the car on the transport truck preventing the car from moving while in transport.

Sherway Acura in Etobicoke also charged me $550 to do the conversion to day time running lights that are a requirement for the car to be done before it can be licenced here in Ontario. is $550 a little steep to perform this or does it sound about right?

Ian

Sherway Acura in Etobicoke also charged me $550 to do the conversion to day time running lights that are a requirement for the car to be done before it can be licenced here in Ontario. is $550 a little steep to perform this or does it sound about right?

Ian

Good to hear the car has finally made its trip closer to home.
Sorry to hear of the repair thats underway!

As for the DRL, I did mine one evening in the garage.
$5 relay, and 3 diodes ($1 max each)

Even someone not handy with electronics, could buy the DRL kit from Canadian tire for under $30 and install it.

There are several options on what to have turn on, when the ignition is turned on. I'll be interested in seeing what Sherway selected to have come on.

Brad

Congratulations Ian! You've got perfect weather to enjoy it to!

I hope you're coming to NSXPO with us, then your Jedi training will be complete.

Congrats.........Looks like you are loving it.........Have fun and drive it often......Steve

Back