I did It !!! Newest NSX Owner !!! Waaa Hoooo !!!

I did it. I bought a 2002 NSX with 15,000 miles on it. Bringing her back to Canada. Canada will never be the same. LOL !!!

I have been looking forward to attending NSXPO in October, now I will be able to attend with my own car. I fly back down to New Jersey to pick it up end of next week. I can't wait. The NSX is such an amazing car.

See you all down in Ohio in October.

Ian

IMG_4227.jpg

Congratulations Ian!

We're getting a few 02+ cars up here now!!! Where abouts do you live?

WOW! That is one sharp NSX. Congrats!

Sweeeeet...Lets see how long it stays stock....:cool:

Congratulation on a beautiful purchase. You will have fun driving it home.

I believe I saw this one on Ebay posted by a dealer is that where you purchased it?

Car is located by me, it is in Ramsey, New Jersey near the New York Border.
Jack Daniels Audi dealership, I see that car everyday going to work.

Original owner turned it in to the dealership, they wanted like $62,000 for it.

I checked it out myself car is beautiful congrats on the car, but now I have nothing to look foward to on my drive to work everyday!

i can tell you one thing. the drive back after just puchasing an nsx is one of the best feelings i've had in my life thus far...i'm sure having a kid will top that but still...:biggrin: :smile:

I have a pretty cool wife. After supper my wife, gave me this as a present. She bought it for me just in case I did not end up purchasing the one in New Jersey I went to look at yesterday.

Now I have two NSX's ! Does life get any better than this? A cool wife and a cool car !

Ian

IMG_4542.jpg

IMG_4546.jpg

Congrats. Looks like that second one may need a 4 wheel alignment.

So if it was me... and don't listen to anyone else... if it was me and I was going to drive NJ to Canada, I would but this:

DF_INTAKE_1.jpg

have it installed by the dealer before I pick it up, and listen to the roar of that Vtec the entire way home. You get a few more HP and better gas milage on the way, all for a meager $180. It sounds oh so sweeeeeeet!!!!

So if it was me... and don't listen to anyone else... if it was me and I was going to drive NJ to Canada, I would but this:

have it installed by the dealer before I pick it up, and listen to the roar of that Vtec the entire way home. You get a few more HP and better gas milage on the way, all for a meager $180. It sounds oh so sweeeeeeet!!!!

I don't know.........I hear those things can suck up water into the intake :tongue: :eek: :rolleyes: :wink:

Where would one purchase a downforce carbon fibre air intake system? How does this air intake system differ from the stock air intake system?

When I get my baby home, one of the first things I am going to do, is to put on a B & B triflow exhaust system from the catalytic back to the tail pipes.

Ian

Where would one purchase a downforce carbon fibre air intake system? How does this air intake system differ from the stock air intake system?

PLEASE.. Please. please. PLEASE.. Please. please PLEASE.. Please. please. PLEASE.. Please. please

SEARCH for a Discussions THREAD :rolleyes:

Thank YOU :smile:

When I get my baby home, one of the first things I am going to do, is to put on a B & B triflow exhaust system from the catalytic back to the tail pipes.

Ian

www.downforce.biz

You can also buy from Erick here, evof575gtc. This has been discussed at length in several threads, but the latest test was done by Chris@SOS on the cantrell scoop which is an identical scoop and I think there was a +6HP gain on a supercharged car. On a stock motor it may be closer to 2-3. In any event, it doesn't hurt. The sound alone is worth it. If you get the uni-filter you can re-use it and not keep buying air filters. You can also do a K&N.

Some here have said that the stock scoop's shape is designed for good airflow, but I am almost certain it does not flow as well.. and the reason for its shape is not flow, but to quiet the intake noise from being excessive. Just like Honda quieted the exhaust... they went too far in making it an "everyday" supercar. Here is a picture showing the difference:

d_111.jpg

If you drive the car stock, exhaust noise is almost nonexistant. What you hear, is a growl from the intake. Which is quite nice indeed. This is what you hear here:

http://www.nsxprime.com/photopost/data/500/12242NSX_stock_exhaust_launching.wmv

With the downforce/cantrell intake, this sound is amplified x2. It is really sweet. Well worth the $.

I wouldn't worry at all about water getting in there and causing a problem unless you plan on swimming with the car. I purposely took the car to the car wash with the engine on and reving and had my friend spray the area with water... once I took off the intake a few minutes later, it was not even wet inside. Now they drill a small water drainage hole in the bottom, but I don't think it is necessary. Anyway this is a small mod you will enjoy on your long drive home.

As for the exhaust, you may want to check here before you decide on what to get. I vote for any of the GT-Rom exhauts, you can get that from GT-one-usa (henry), a thread is here.

There is a thread on my whole GT-One setup here.

Don't worry about Jeffshoots, the word "please" just turns him on. :biggrin:

Welcome and congrats on your purchase.:smile:

As far as water getting in I can tell you that I drove through an absolute torrential downpour one night with no problems. I mean it was raining so hard that even with Aqualpel (PPG's better answer to RainX) and the wipers going full I couldn't see more than 20' in front of me. I mean it was pouring. No problems. I have also raced it on the track in a moderate rainfall with no problems.

Now if you try to cross a river with it... good luck. Otherwise, I think the rain in the intake theory is just that... theoretical.

Back