• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

I can make forged 02+ replicas in 17/18 stagger

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are you guys smoking that think 10" is aggressive fitment? :) An 11" will fit under a stock quarter panel without even stretched tires. 10" is easy without even lowering.

Last edited:
1. Turbo2go
2. Shaylord for 2.5 sets
3. RedWings
4. Mcrider:
17x8 front et 40, 18x9.5 rear et 30 (will also go 10 if that is the majority)

So Dave what's the next step. Do we need to start getting a real list of atleast ten people with a deposit or full payment to get this in motion?

The next step is they are right now searching for the correct sized forged blanks. I have asked for a sample set and more firm pricing (the initials were labeled as estimate). I want to test fitment on my car and post some photos and make sure everyone is good with the size, look, fitment, quality, etc before we commit to a bunch of money in making these. It's now officially in the process guys, its out of the fantasy realm. LOL

Dave,

so would the construction of these be like the 02+ OEM ones??
i would love to have 18" in the back but i would have to sell my 02+ to buy these...

Nuno

PS - the "no spacers" thing is a huge + for me too

The next step is they are right now searching for the correct sized forged blanks. I have asked for a sample set and more firm pricing (the initials were labeled as estimate). I want to test fitment on my car and post some photos and make sure everyone is good with the size, look, fitment, quality, etc before we commit to a bunch of money in making these. It's now officially in the process guys, its out of the fantasy realm. LOL

Exciting stuff. Very excited to see this unfold.

Dave,

so would the construction of these be like the 02+ OEM ones??
i would love to have 18" in the back but i would have to sell my 02+ to buy these...

Nuno

PS - the "no spacers" thing is a huge + for me too

Not sure what you are asking. They are forged. I don't know the methods by which they "make" forged wheels.

Dave,

With the forged wheels, what's the minimum number, if any, that would be needed to make this a reality? 1? 5? 10?

10 sets minimum.

Hi Dave,

ok... and the OEM ones are forged also?

Depending on a final $$$ i may be in also (but i always have to sell my 02+ OEM ones)

Thanks,
Nuno

1. Turbo2go
2. Shaylord for 2.5 sets
3. RedWings
4. Mcrider: 17x8 front et 40, 18x9.5 rear et 30 (will also go 10 if that is the majority)
5. PhillyNSX97

1. Turbo2go
2. Shaylord for 2.5 sets
3. RedWings
4. Mcrider: 17x8 front et 40, 18x9.5 rear et 30 (will also go 10 if that is the majority)
5. PhillyNSX97
6.socold57

Same here. depending on the final price i might be interested. :)

Guy we have found forged blanks for the fronts, but the rears so far have not been the right sizing. The company is active,y searching and on the lookout for 18x10 forged blanks for the rears. 9.5 is near impossible so that settles the controversy. I want you all to know this is actively in the works.

Thank god I really need to get my hre s off the car ASAP I know it's a ways out still but glad there's progress. If you need another car for testing/ fitment I am only a couple hours away Dave

What I need to get are two OEM wheels for them to see. A front and a rear. Can be bent or broken or burnt all they need is one intact spoke

How about I give you a discount when you buy a set for providing the sample. I don't really feel like buying a bent wheel I have zero use for. LOL

LOL I wish I had that much self control when buying wheels I didn't need. I'm sure we can work something out Dave

I am going to buy Nero's wheel and ship it to dave to help get these wheels made.

That's very nice of you but the wait is on the 18x10 forged blanks. Once we have those things will get rolling. What we are doing is buying the excess that other wheel companies buy thousands of and pay big $$ for. So unfortunately we are at the mercy of availability. But that's the only way such low production wheels can be done. If we had an order for 300 sets that'd be different. So I just want to be clear about this. The company is actively searching the forged rear blanks. We have fronts. That may take many months or it may happen tomorrow. I'm hoping for sooner than later but some of it is just luck. The manufacturer making them is a MAJOR manufactuerer. One of the largest wheel manufacturing facilities in the world.

- - - Updated - - -

I had to swear not to mention name... But rest assured their quality is top notch.

....lol if its rota..........:tongue:

That's very nice of you but the wait is on the 18x10 forged blanks. Once we have those things will get rolling. What we are doing is buying the excess that other wheel companies buy thousands of and pay big $$ for. So unfortunately we are at the mercy of availability. But that's the only way such low production wheels can be done. If we had an order for 300 sets that'd be different. So I just want to be clear about this. The company is actively searching the forged rear blanks. We have fronts. That may take many months or it may happen tomorrow. I'm hoping for sooner than later but some of it is just luck. The manufacturer making them is a MAJOR manufactuerer. One of the largest wheel manufacturing facilities in the world.

- - - Updated - - -

I had to swear not to mention name... But rest assured their quality is top notch.

Well I purchased the wheel and he will be getting in touch with you to send it so they we have something to pull the design from.

We have fronts

So the current "spare" materials supply is driving the quantity of possible wheels that can be produced at a reasonable price point, makes sense

assuming that enough 18 x 10 raw blanks can be acquired, how many sets are slated for "the run" ?

This certainly speaks to the rare nature of the desired result and should encourage those on the fence to step up and grab a spot

I'm in and hopeful that this works out, as designed, for everyone.

Thanks for your efforts Dave :)

Last edited:
It seems to me that some 02+ owners might be interested in just the 18X10's, rather than a full set, making the potential demand greater. Or am I thinking wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back