I Can Handle The Truth

Sounds to me like you need a Viper. Fast and gets plenty of boobage. :biggrin:

Exactly. I think a used Viper will give you a lot more of what you are looking for. Did you consider that?

Owning NSX is about finesse, class, exotism, handling and history. Is it fast? Try keeping it between 6000 - 8000 RPM. Belive me, it'll be fast enough for you. Oh..and BTW, I had experinced chicks flashed at me while I'm driving the NSX. :biggrin: You will get the attention you want. Just make sure that you have it at least lowered with some nice wheels and a body kit. :wink: Oh..and a NSX-R hood.:tongue:

I think the perfect car for you is a Z06 for many reasons and most girls dont know the difference between a corvette and an Nsx anyway.

:wink:

4723nsx_animegrl_preview-thumb.jpg

Let me give you my opinion in a few lines from across the Atlantic.
Where I live really powerful cars are not something that I see everyday. I do see the occassional Porsche or Sti and sometimes BMW M-cars and the like but not often.
Most drivers treat the NSX with a kind of careful respect, as if they are not sure what to expect. Since the NSX is a very rare car in my country, a lot of people simply don't know what it is. But yes, occassionaly you come across someone who wants to try anyway at a moment and place it is safe to play. So far, I have not been let down by the NSX, having been usually able to keep up and most of the times to smoke the opposition. I've raced a few Sti's and always won. Being able to shift back to 3rd gear at 75 mph and then go all the way to 110 usually gets the message across. And on known highways I so far have always lost the opposition in the long turns.

I think you really have to get into a NSX and drive it and then decide if it's the car for you. If possible, compare to other cars and then compare. I think it's the only way to decide if the NSX is the car for you. I know it is for me and I wouldn't even think about a Sti or Evo.

Good luck in your search.

The thing I like about the NSX is, it is an engineering marvel, simply, without a viable competitor. There really isn't anything that compares to what this car is made of. I appreciate what went into making this car, the materials, the style, the insight that was so well thought out before production. The car is a masterpiece. It is like a piece of fine art. It is really hard to compare.

The NSX will get me into more trouble than I can get myself out of, I don't need anything faster. It looks fast sitting in a garage. A Subaru Sti and the EVO ARE fast, but they sure don't LOOK fast. I guess it's just what ever you want. Now, how about value, if you care, and resale down the road. I bet you can't beat the value down the road of the NSX compared to the other cars out there. That is just my opinion.

The NSX is my dream car. I fell in love with it when I first saw one in 91. I said then that some day I would have one. Well finally it happened and I am not a bit disapointed. I don't care how many other cars can beat my old stock 91 NSX. I enjoy driving my car back and forth to work, to the store, to a movie, to dinner, to our friends house etc. I enjoy the view from the cockpit just driving down the street. The interior is marvelous, it's like a beautiful woman, you can look at it all day and never get tired of it, and never have to say a word. There is nothing "Plain Jane" about even a stock NSX. The NSX is a one of a kind in my book.

I can park my 91 NSX next to a brand new Corvette and people walk right by the Corvette to look at the NSX. The NSX has the lines and style, not to say the Corvette is a slouch, but it is not the same. I am glad that the NSX isn't for everyone. People who buy NSXs should appreciate what they are and what went into making them.

Do you want people coming up to you and asking "What is this, I have never seen one of these" and see the twinkle in their eye then taking time to tell them about the NSX?

So if these aren't the kind of things you are looking for, stay away from an NSX.

Brad

Until you drive an NSX you will never know if it is the car for you. If it is, one drive is all it takes. It may not be the car for you and there is no shame in that. There are other choices that will satisfy automotive lust, just in a different way. For a sports car that emphasizes power, a C5 ZO6 or a Viper GTS would be a good choice. Both have great speed out of the box and a lot of aftermarket potential, as well as sex appeal and recognition from the general public.

As I have said before, you can buy a faster car and you can buy a cheaper car, but the real question is whether you can buy anything remotely close to the NSX experience for twice the price.

My daily driver is an E46 M3 that is a bit faster than a mildly modded NA1 NSX coupe (I/H/E), but it does little to quench my NSX desire. The NSX is truly more than the sum of its parts, and for that reason I patiently await delivery of #2 having lost #1 a bit more than a year ago.

THANK you all for the replys---I have had some good advice---I am going to go for a test drive to get a feel for the car---I think it may be what I am looking for --I wanna go fast but it is the exotic beast of the car that is more important----I am going to test a Yellow/Yellow nsx-t--wish me luck!!!

:smile: I think we can safely put this thread to rest :smile:

thank you for the reduced fireworks---I wasn't tryN to get any fires started just wanted the truth---THANKS everyone

I am going to go for a test drive to get a feel for the car

Make sure you let it warm up properly and take it to redline in as many gears as the owner will allow. The NSX powerband is 5000-8000 RPM and it lives to bounce off the rev limiter. If you drive it only at low RPM you will miss the experience and wonder why so many people think the NSX is special.

My daily driver is an E46 M3 that is a bit faster than a mildly modded NA1 NSX coupe (I/H/E), but it does little to quench my NSX desire. The NSX is truly more than the sum of its parts, and for that reason I patiently await delivery of #2 having lost #1 a bit more than a year ago.

I currently have an E46 M3 and am considering an NSX. Can you tell me a little about the differences in handling, power, feel between the 2? I love my M3 but an NSX in the garage would take it to whole different level. I'm not looking to street or track race, but like to have the power when its available.

I'm hoping to wait a bit and jump on an 02-05 model, unless I can't wait and then go for an older one--although I'd prefer not to be bogged down with repairs since I can't do them. I read that you said your M3 was slightlly faster than your NSX, could that be a function of the pre-97 models that came before the 290hp upgrade? Thanks for all info.

The thing I like about the NSX is, it is an engineering marvel, simply, without a viable competitor. There really isn't anything that compares to what this car is made of. I appreciate what went into making this car, the materials, the style, the insight that was so well thought out before production. The car is a masterpiece. It is like a piece of fine art. It is really hard to compare.

The NSX will get me into more trouble than I can get myself out of, I don't need anything faster. It looks fast sitting in a garage. A Subaru Sti and the EVO ARE fast, but they sure don't LOOK fast. I guess it's just what ever you want. Now, how about value, if you care, and resale down the road. I bet you can't beat the value down the road of the NSX compared to the other cars out there. That is just my opinion.

The NSX is my dream car. I fell in love with it when I first saw one in 91. I said then that some day I would have one. Well finally it happened and I am not a bit disapointed. I don't care how many other cars can beat my old stock 91 NSX. I enjoy driving my car back and forth to work, to the store, to a movie, to dinner, to our friends house etc. I enjoy the view from the cockpit just driving down the street. The interior is marvelous, it's like a beautiful woman, you can look at it all day and never get tired of it, and never have to say a word. There is nothing "Plain Jane" about even a stock NSX. The NSX is a one of a kind in my book.

I can park my 91 NSX next to a brand new Corvette and people walk right by the Corvette to look at the NSX. The NSX has the lines and style, not to say the Corvette is a slouch, but it is not the same. I am glad that the NSX isn't for everyone. People who buy NSXs should appreciate what they are and what went into making them.

Do you want people coming up to you and asking "What is this, I have never seen one of these" and see the twinkle in their eye then taking time to tell them about the NSX?

So if these aren't the kind of things you are looking for, stay away from an NSX.

Brad

Well said Brad....Thank you for the insight and your view. It is not that we (Nubies) are looking for a fast car, but rather see what the performance levels of the car actually are from the experience of those who already own the NSX.

I too have been looking for an NSX and have almost bought one this week. I thought I too would get flammed about my comment, but you and brahtw8 were nice about the reply with out the creative answers.

I lurk around this forum to read as many post about this special vehicle and sometimes dream about one day owning one. For me, it is the uniqueness of the NSX as well as the lines, the aww factor and the knowlegde that these cars were engineered with as much passion as many of the other high end exotics. I love this car simply because I would be able to drive it more then 15 or 20K before having to take it in for a service that will empty my wallet. It is a well rounded, exotic car that has the lines of a beautiful women.

To each his own for the reasons why one will buy one, although, performance is one of the fundamentals that drew you in further after that first ride or test drive.

I for one would like to thank everyone for their input about their views of their experience, and opinions.

Cheers! :smile:

Revhard191

I currently have an E46 M3 and am considering an NSX. Can you tell me a little about the differences in handling, power, feel between the 2? I love my M3 but an NSX in the garage would take it to whole different level. I'm not looking to street or track race, but like to have the power when its available.

I'm hoping to wait a bit and jump on an 02-05 model, unless I can't wait and then go for an older one--although I'd prefer not to be bogged down with repairs since I can't do them. I read that you said your M3 was slightlly faster than your NSX, could that be a function of the pre-97 models that came before the 290hp upgrade? Thanks for all info.

The early cars can easily be made to be as fast or faster than the later cars and have more modification potential being OBD-I. Stock, the gearing difference is far more significant than the 20hp. The 20hp is largely eaten up by the extra weight of the NSX-T over the early coupe. The gearing is much more of an issue 0-60 than 60-160. I would love a 6spd/3.2, but the coupes are hard to find in other than the red Zanardis. Some day I may buy a Zanardi and paint it Sebring Silver.

The NSX and the M3 are surprisingly similar in their tight, direct steering feel, with the advantage going to the early NSXs unboosted steering at speed. The NSX gearbox is far superior in feel and throw to the BMW unit, even after a UUC SSK and DSSR. The S54 is my favorite I6 and the C30A/C32B is my favorite V6. Both love to rev, the NSX even more so, but with a little less low-end torque. It is nothing like an S2000, however. The NSX has decent torque.

My 1993 NSX was at least as reliable as my M3 over the same 30k mile period, with significantly more overall miles (40k). These are the ultimate Hondas and they were built to an incredible standard by the cream of their work force. These cars will be around for a long time. The NSX was a rare moment in automotive history.

Driving the two is more different than their performance statistics would suggest. I find them roughly equal at higher speeds, whether a modified early NSX coupe or a later 6spd/3.2 97+, with the M3 getting a slight nod in the 0-60. They are very competitive on a road course. I was a few MPH faster in the M3 vs. my NSX on the longer straights, but the NSX was a bit faster through the more technical portions.

The experience in the NSX is much more exotic. One is mistaken for driving a Ferrari or correctly identified as driving an NSX. Photos may be taken. People may come up to you and ask you questions about your 'new' car, whether it is a 2005 or a 1991.

The driving position is low. Your eyes are at the level of the rear license plate of the M3. Your roof line is below the side mirrors of larger vehicles. The intake is behind your head in addition to the exhaust. It is an exotic experience, but the car is so well engineered that it can do the daily driver duty that an M3 does. There are some folks that strap on the snow tires and drive them year round. But most people seem to feel compelled to limit where they drive it and where they park it. My former 1993 had 100k miles and no door dings.

People forget what an amazing race car the NSX makes. You would think the Real Time GT championships in the 1990s and the impressive GT-2 win and top 10 finish at Le Mans, to say nothing of the JGTC cars, would be enough.

I don't think I've ever heard an NSX owner ask this question. Lots of turbo Civic owners find this important. Hopefully you care more about how the NSX drives instead of which cars it can smoke. There are lots of cars it can smoke and there are lots of cars that can smoke it.

Yes, you are barking up the wrong tree. It sounds like a Supra will satisfy you and the girls the with the big boobs just fine.

Now, get over to www.supraforums.com before someone here orders a code red.

I don't think a Supra is the right car for him either. Given his description of what he's looking for in a car, I would say a C5 Z06 Corvette or a C6 Corvette would be fine. It depends on your budget. The C5 Z06 is faster than the Supra, stock for stock. If you go with the C6, you have a car that has more modern features with a newer car feeling.

Besides, girls will probably be more impressed with the Corvette than the Supra or NSX.

I don't think a Supra is the right car for him either. Given his description of what he's looking for in a car, I would say a C5 Z06 Corvette or a C6 Corvette would be fine. It depends on your budget. The C5 Z06 is faster than the Supra, stock for stock. If you go with the C6, you have a car that has more modern features with a newer car feeling.

Besides, girls will probably be more impressed with the Corvette than the Supra or NSX.

As long as one doesn't care so much about an exotic look I think the Supra is a great choice. It's rare, daily driveable, reliable and very fast. A stock Supra's numbers really aren't accurate. A C5 might be quicker than a bone-stock Supra but for $1000 the Supra becomes much faster than a C5. For $5,000 you have a 10 second car. And it will still be much more reliable and much less $ than a C5 ZO6.

If budget is an issue the Supra will always win hands down. At around $20/1HP it's an ubeatable value. And a real nice 93 will cost far less than a C5 ZO6.

Seems like his priorities are 1) rarity and 2) speed. IMO the interior of the MKIV Supra is quite acceptable and the plastic C6 interior is certainly nothing to write home about.

Girls definitely don't swoon over Supras but I would think the NSX still gets a little more attention than a Vette. Most girls don't know the difference but the NSX just looks better from every angle anyways.:tongue:

My 1993 NSX was at least as reliable as my M3 over the same 30k mile period, with significantly more overall miles (40k). These are the ultimate Hondas and they were built to an incredible standard by the cream of their work force. These cars will be around for a long time. The NSX was a rare moment in automotive history.

Driving the two is more different than their performance statistics would suggest. I find them roughly equal at higher speeds, whether a modified early NSX coupe or a later 6spd/3.2 97+, with the M3 getting a slight nod in the 0-60. They are very competitive on a road course. I was a few MPH faster in the M3 vs. my NSX on the longer straights, but the NSX was a bit faster through the more technical portions.

Thanks for the insight. (As an aside, I'm new to car forums and find NSX prime to be unique in that is largely free of 15-16 year olds making foolish comments. It's truly made for NSX owners and those who are actually going to purchase them)

I am planning on keeping the M3 and hopefully adding an NSX, as opposed to having it as a replacement. Sounds like both are great cars, with the NSX being more exotic and fun to drive. Can't wait...since I think the M3 is the best car ever made--not having driven the Acura yet.

The ideal NSX for me would be the one with the most power, just because I like to have that kick even though I don't race. My other requirement is that it be stick. I'm favoring a newer model because obviously they would be in better condition, lesser miles, and would need repairs at a much later date. I also like the built-in headlamps, although I just a great older model on this site that was modded to have them (gray comptech, awesome). I'm not a big fan of the Targa concept (haven't really seen in real life though for comparison) but I am aware all new ones come that way. If I get a newer model year, I'd probably have to wait a 1-2 years to purchase. I could probably afford an older version sooner. With such preferences, what year would you recommend, considering that I could do some mods, etc? I'm not familiar with performance/cost differences between NSX-T, NSX-R, NSX-S, and Zanardi.

I couldn't tell you the specific differences between each variant, but I can tell you that Types R and S are essentially unavailable in the US. The NSX-T is an NSX with a removable roof, so I believe it's a bit heavier than the coupe and less stiff. The Zanardi is a limited edition (50 cars) 1999 NSX coupe (red exterior) with gunmetal BBS wheels, modified suspension, and lighter weight. I'm not sure if those are the only performance differences, but there are also interior changes such as floor mats, center console, and seats.

This car is not for you if your #1 priority is straight line speed only.

Out of curiosity, what breed (in layman's terms) of dog do you breed?

The Cane Corso, along with the Fila Brasilero and Pressa de Canario are rare breeds (with reason). These are amongst the most agressive an potentially dangerous breeds of dogs in the world. A rottwieller, doberman, or pitbull is simply not in the same class with these breeds in that regard.

Two Cane Corsos attacked a woman in San Francisco a few years back and killed her. The owner was prosecuted for (and convicted) of manslaughter. Right after that there was a huge demand for this breed.

The breed standard has males between 80 and 110 pounds. All the males I have seen have been in the 130 to 150 pound range. These are exceedingly fast and agile dogs--they can move like a terrier. Unlike pitbulls they were not bred to fight dogs; they were bred as "coursing" war dogs.

In the right hands a Cane Corso can be a nice, loyal and tractable pet; in inexperienced hands or inappropriate ownership they can be the functional equivalent of a hand granade with the pin pulled.

People always ask me:
"How fast is this car?"

I always answer:
"Its pretty fast but it isnt really a straight line car, Its about the handling."

I always like Vipers for it brute Power and thought someday I would buy one. Once my brother had his NSX up for sale. I bought it. Now looking at vipers being a NSX owner. I am spoiled by the build quality of the NSX. I just see viper as a heavy beast with a big motor and somewhat truck like.

If you looking for raw power NSX is not for you. But if you like a lot of attention and sophistication then NSX is it. NSX is in the league of exotic-ness to Italian sports car simply because it is rare and the shape is intoxicating. This is a car that a girl love it so much that once they got the guy who drive it they would want you to sell it. LOL.

Two Cane Corsos attacked a woman in San Francisco a few years back and killed her. The owner was prosecuted for (and convicted) of manslaughter. Right after that there was a huge demand for this breed.

I am just wondering... do you ever have any ethical issues in breeding and selling these dogs? I realize you are saying "in the right hands", but a lot of people that buy dogs like this are the wrong hands. So then not only do they injur or kill someone inocent sometimes, the dogs also get killed by the authorities in the end for being "violent". Nothing good ever comes out of it.

I am sure you may like dogs yourself... and I am not trying to accuse you of anything but just really trying to understand. There are over 30,000 dogs killed a month in shelters because no one wants them. Do you ever wonder about the ethics of not only breeding and selling dogs for profit, but a breed that is made to be so dangerous?

I personaly would never buy a dog unless it had to be a guard dog for something where nothing else would work. I sometimes walk through the shelter and see the eyes of all these inocent dogs looking at me, knowing they are days away from death. So I have always had a hard time understanding the mentality of someone who buys a dog, or someone who breeds them. That is why I am asking you. Do these issues ever go through your mind as well?

I am just wondering... do you ever have any ethical issues in breeding and selling these dogs?

I don't breed these dogs, the original poster does. I just provided the information in response to one of the questioners.

This is a rare breed. Rare breeds are rare generally for some really good reasons.

If you see the words, "discerning", "wary", "highly protective" in reference to a rare breed, be alert. These are euphamisms for highly agressive, super protective animals.

This breed is probably not the most dangerous of all the breeds, that distinction probably goes to the Fila Brasilero. But this is an agressive dog with lightning fast reflexes. I would not own one.

I am sorry Packard, I meant to post my question to Train, not to you. Thanks for the info.

Back