I bent something

How bad is this? Can I still drive the car until I get a replacement? Will this have a "noticeable" affect on the handling? And what is this part called so I can order a new one?

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 400
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 337
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 304
No worries. Lowest point under car.

That chassis bar appears to go between the left and right suspension attachments points. If so, I would get a rear end alignment before I drove too far. Them tires are expensive!:eek:

We call that the "boomerang". Its common for them to be bent. Nothing to worry about, keep on motoring :smile:

Billy

cool. Drove about 80 miles yesteday including some twisties and didnt notice anything different.
I would be suprised if you could feel something (unless there was more damage/change in your alignment in addition to bending the boomerang). The bent boomerang shouldn't do anything. Heck the FXMD racecar has a slightly bent boomerang too...

How did your headers turn blue?
Heat does that...

My Top Speed headers also turned blue at the header and merge collecter just like his Top Speed headers did. Most will do that when they get hot.

Billy

mine looks like that also but without the dent more of a slight bend works fine as its been like that for 2 years now after i drove over a manhole cover. cant tell a diffrence I checked the alignment and everything is fine.

stop jumping curbs with your car, lol

There was a major accident on the road and the police made us detour over a manhole that was sticking up in the air.

Last edited:
My Top Speed headers also turned blue at the header and merge collecter just like his Top Speed headers did. Most will do that when they get hot.

Billy

Darn.....I was hoping somehow a mistake was made and the headers were titanium.......lol

Back