I beat the "king of the track" with my turbo NSX

Has to be the first NSX to lift its tires off a lauch...that's amazing.

Are they off the ground? I thought maybe it just looks that way? Maybe Craig can answer that question.

I don't think they are off of the ground, but a lot of people are telling me they are. What does everyone else think? Either way, there is no weight on them.
Craig

Congratulations on an awesome run. I knew the nsx was capable of this kind of performance.

One thing does stick out though - your 60', E.t., and trap speed dont add up. Generally, if you know the 60' and the trap, you can get a pretty good idea of the e.t. Your e.t should be down in the 10.2 range with a 1.59 and a 133 mph traps.

Did your car have any flat spots during the run? Do you data log?

no matter what though, thats a hot car and a hot run. Congrats again!

Are they off the ground? I thought maybe it just looks that way? Maybe Craig can answer that question.

Super hard to tell....looking at it again, the closer wheel looks off the ground, the outer wheel doesn't. I suggest more testing with better pics. :)

That is a really cool pic, and what he's doing is pretty incredible.... BUT... and here I go..... Why are you drag racing an NSX? I mean if you want to drag a car, drag some $hitty mustang you can beef up for a little cash. I think the fact that you were beat by a Mustang in the end says alot. And that mustang probably cost a 1/4 new what the X did. Why would you take a superior handling, exotic & drag race it? I never see Ferrari guys drag their car on a regular basis. I mean they'll go every now and then for $hits and giggles... but can't you get that turbo car on a road course? Sorry if this comes as a "negative" comment, looking at that car getting launched like that, I feel bad for the car, like it's getting the pi$$ beat out of it to do something it was never designed to do. But, to each his own I guess.

That is a really cool pic, and what he's doing is pretty incredible.... BUT... and here I go..... Why are you drag racing an NSX? I mean if you want to drag a car, drag some $hitty mustang you can beef up for a little cash. I think the fact that you were beat by a Mustang in the end says alot. And that mustang probably cost a 1/4 new what the X did. Why would you take a superior handling, exotic & drag race it? I never see Ferrari guys drag their car on a regular basis. I mean they'll go every now and then for $hits and giggles... but can't you get that turbo car on a road course? Sorry if this comes as a "negative" comment, looking at that car getting launched like that, I feel bad for the car, like it's getting the pi$$ beat out of it to do something it was never designed to do. But, to each his own I guess.

So it's OK to BEAT the pi$$ out of my "exotic" Hahaa :rolleyes: (Now that's FUNNY...) on a road track going wide into the weeds.......but not in a STRAIT LINE :confused:

It's a car, and a Honda at that.........the only cool part is it CAN be made to go FAST.........and this Guys doing it bravo :eek: :biggrin:

I do it because I want to do it and I can. I don't know what your point is that I got beat by a mustang. You say it says a lot, but I don't think it says anything. The fact is, none of these cars were designed to run a 10 second 1/4 mile. You can build a lot of inferior cars to run faster in a straight line or around a corner than an NSX. I haven't hurt the car yet and when I do I'll fix it unless it gets totaled hitting the wall or something and it could get totaled on a road coarse also. Do you suggest that I just leave the car sitting in the garage, or just putt around town in it. I bought it to have fun with it, and that is exactly what I'm doing.
I guarantee you that I got ten times the reaction out of the crowd that the mustang got. Nobody expects this car to be that fast and they eat it up. It's worth it just to see peoples reactions.
Craig

As to why the ferrari guys don't ever drag their cars. Ferrari's are garage queens. They couldn't handle what I've done to my Acura.
Yes, the car is daily driven as well.
Craig

Some people rather prefer drag racing over track racing. Here are some reasons why it good for drags.

1. Car is VERY light, less stress on drivetrain
2. RWD
3. Mid engine gives lots of traction
4. Strong motor/trans
5. No driveshaft, little drivetrain loss
6. I would rather run 10's in style with a NSX than a dime a dozen mustang.
7.Damn car is running 10's with just a turbo kit so you cant say it not good for drag racing.

As to why the ferrari guys don't ever drag their cars. Ferrari's are garage queens. They couldn't handle what I've done to my Acura.
Yes, the car is daily driven as well.
Craig

I get tired of hearing NSXs aren't drag cars !!!! Who gives a SHI** !!!!!!!!!!! Chevy Cobalts arent drag cars either but people are drag racing them with full GM support. I think it's GREAT that you are drag racing your NSX ! It really shows us the potential of a turbocharged NSX. Thanks for sharing.

By the way I love your pic................I'm jealous. :tongue:

IMG_5565.jpg

I love this :biggrin: It's the LAST thing a Domestic Guy has to hang on to.

Now when a Z06 owner asks what HIS NSX runs he can definitely surprise them with "It's RUNS 10s FOOL :tongue: " :eek:

Please Please Please go to a race track with some curves and take video so we can see what this thing can do. I don't care if the track is an abandoned office park. Please get me some video to watch!!!

rev-matching nightmare

On the EMS, you can set a two step up which lowers the rev limiter to a certain RPM. So all you do is floor it and the two step will have the revs bounce at lets say...5k RPMs until the clutch is engaged.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0ZHfiOOxOCM"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0ZHfiOOxOCM" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

So much for hard-blipping that throttle smoothly while performing single-clutch heel and toe downshifts. The revs are going to be mismatched once the tach bounces off the 5k mark. :eek:

On the other hand, double-clutching still works since throttle blipping is done while clutch is engaged and gear in neutral.

Amazing time, amazing setup. Love to see some tool in his C6 z06 trying to challenge you, only to see his jaws drop as you leave him in the dust! lol

Re: rev-matching nightmare

So much for hard-blipping that throttle smoothly while performing single-clutch heel and toe downshifts. The revs are going to be mismatched once the tach bounces off the 5k mark. :eek:

On the other hand, double-clutching still works since throttle blipping is done while clutch is engaged and gear in neutral.

Amazing time, amazing setup. Love to see some tool in his C6 z06 trying to challenge you, only to see his jaws drop as you leave him in the dust! lol

That's one good feature of the Motec ecu. You can set it up so launch RPM is only active below a certain speed. (migt be able to do it with AEM also???)

I do it because I want to do it and I can. I don't know what your point is that I got beat by a mustang. You say it says a lot, but I don't think it says anything. The fact is, none of these cars were designed to run a 10 second 1/4 mile. You can build a lot of inferior cars to run faster in a straight line or around a corner than an NSX. I haven't hurt the car yet and when I do I'll fix it unless it gets totaled hitting the wall or something and it could get totaled on a road coarse also. Do you suggest that I just leave the car sitting in the garage, or just putt around town in it. I bought it to have fun with it, and that is exactly what I'm doing.
I guarantee you that I got ten times the reaction out of the crowd that the mustang got. Nobody expects this car to be that fast and they eat it up. It's worth it just to see peoples reactions.
Craig

Well said, I have the same attitude as you, if it breaks, I will fix it. I bought the car to have fun with and that is what I do also. I will be taking my car back to the track as soon as I get my turbo back from being rebuilt. The wastegate line came off and burned up the center section of the turbo. I have also ordered slicks and have the nitrous problem fixed. Lets see who can make a 9 second run first...

I love that you are having fun with your car.

Rob

Craig

we think the same:)
are you my brother or something hehe;)

Holy squat! :eek:

The funniest thing in the pics is you see all these traditional drag cars and there is this funny black wedge amongst them!

Back