Hydraulic Front Lift?

The Lambo Murcielago has a "front end that can be raised 45mm for additional ground clearance." I'm worried that lowering the NSX will cause it to scrape my driveway (like it has done on my 300zx). Are there any systems out there to lift the front end for a situation like this?
-Tony

sl 55 also has this. I scrape going into underground garage, would love a solution, i may have to raise her back up.

AutoVation said:
The Lambo Murcielago has a "front end that can be raised 45mm for additional ground clearance." I'm worried that lowering the NSX will cause it to scrape my driveway (like it has done on my 300zx). Are there any systems out there to lift the front end for a situation like this?
-Tony

yeah....get a air ride.... :biggrin: :wink:

Seems to me a saw a post not too long back about a guy trying to get a group together to get some airbags made for the NSX to allow raising like you mentioned. It sounded like it was going to be heavy, but would do the job. As I recall, you have a tank with pressurized air and maybe even a pump to keep it under pressure. Then a couple of doughut trpe bags that go inside teh springs or something like that. Sounded like it would work, but I didn't go any further since the weight seemed like an issue. If i get an extra few minutes, Ill try to find the post and put in a link.

Seems like there should be a way to do it with less weight. Maybe don't raise teh car, but raise the air-dam? Or a nose setup that brings teh dam closer to the wheels? Anybody have a thought on these lines?

rherschberg said:
Seems like there should be a way to do it with less weight.
There is. I've just designed a new device, and I'm going to market it. I'm going to try to keep the price under $100. Not only does it have less tendency to scrape, but it doesn't add any weight at all to the car. I'm going to call it... Stock Ride Height. :D

nsxtasy said:
There is. I've just designed a new device, and I'm going to market it. I'm going to try to keep the price under $100. Not only does it have less tendency to scrape, but it doesn't add any weight at all to the car. I'm going to call it... Stock Ride Height. :D
brilliant.gif

Ok everyone, lets make a new thread for the GB of Ken's anti-scrape mod

I used to have hydraulics on my past vehicles over the years, and would install them on the side. I actually thought about hydraulics on the NSX and it's pretty convenient because you can have a front pump mounted where the spare currently us, and a second pump in the trunk without having to have the risk of running a hose underneath the car (which is the part proned most to hydraulic failure) due to variables.

Anyway, my past vehicles on hydraulics rode nice and soft, or firmer thanks to nitrogen pressurized hydraulic accumulators. It's very easy to install on an nsx by simply replacing the struts for hydraulic cylinders with a heim joint on the bottom mount, and since hydraulic accumulators make the cylinders act as shocks, the cylinder can be fixed in the strut location without any springs. You can freak people out to make the car lay out on the unibody, or have it for lifting purposes only.

Check out my club site www.artofnoize.com, there are some "juiced" rides on there....and don't worry, they don't hop.

A neighbor recently told me about a car magazine article that tested air shocks to other after-market shock/springs in diferrent muscle car applications. He said that in every instance the air shocks showed faster lap times at the track, as well as adjustability.

Anyone else read that article? Why can't a set be developed for the NSX?

there is a company called coastal metals auto accessories that makes a metal front spoiler protector for the s2000.
hondas2000accessories.com
perhaps they could help you out?

i have no affiliation just stumbled across the web site

rk

On my 98 I took the factory 1 inch off and hit every driveway on the planet. If anyone has a solution, I would love to know it. My 2nd one is a 95 with 3.5 inches of clearance and I am afraid to drive it. They just dont build roads for these cars.

The metal front plate has given me an idea. I remember seeing an item developed for Porsche Boxsters also. I will look into what it will take to do this and if successful, I may release something via AutoVation.
-Tony

Back