Hungarian Time Attack - NSX onboard

I have only done indoor karting not the big boy outdoor stuff,but with karts I have driven you can do much more straight-line point A to B driving.The kart can rotate and change direction quicker than the nsx at speed.

I have only done indoor karting not the big boy outdoor stuff,but with karts I have driven you can do much more straight-line point A to B driving.The kart can rotate and change direction quicker than the nsx at speed.

I will have the next round at HUNGARORING on the 20th of September. I will make sure to have an onboard camera and will try to do it very very smoooooooooooooth...:-)) The interesting thing is that my own style and feeling is that the smoothe is much quicker, which was eliminated at the gokart track, where the more aggressive style resulted better laptimes. I will have to get back to my original style. MY best time is 2:05.707 and will see what can I do..

Good luck! We always enjoy watching track vids.

Yes you are right that drifting makes the laptimes slower and to be honest it is not as much fun to drift with an NSX with slick tires with 100mph :-)
I have driven my frined NSX with OS Gikken and the diffenece is huge!!! I think that with the slick tires the OEM LSD can not handle the increased grip and it is simply not working. The inside wheel gets too much of torque and spins....with the OS gikken it really fly out from the corner and turns the front of the car towrds the exit....

Thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it.

Good luck in September Zsolti. I have only watched a handful of these track videos however it is great to see someone who REALLY CAN STEER. Good for you, but pity for us there were not more cars on the track to give us a more pronounced picture of how quick you and you NSX are. Cheers.

Good luck in September Zsolti. I have only watched a handful of these track videos however it is great to see someone who REALLY CAN STEER. Good for you, but pity for us there were not more cars on the track to give us a more pronounced picture of how quick you and you NSX are. Cheers.

(Actually my name is Tamas, but we use 1 account here with my best friend Zsolt as I have lost my computer with my password and the e-mail address is not valid anymore :-( I have asked the administrators many times, but no reply so we use 1 account :-( )

Yes it is a pity that the other were on cooling lap but here are the final results:
1. Horváth Tamás Honda NSX 2:10,820
2. Gallai Zsolt Honda NSX 2:10,951
3. Árvai Imre Nissan GTR 2:11,729
4. Ponyiczki Gábor BMW 320 M5 2:15,560
5. Valló Zoltán BMW M3 2:15,609
6. Kovács Béla BMW M3CSL 2:15,659
7. Bozsó Attila BMW M3 2.15,737
8. Gönczi Zsolt Mitsubishi L. 2:16,287
9. Balázs Szabolcs Honda S2000 2:17,039
10. Barna Viktor Mitsubishi L. 2.17,950
11. Pintér András Mitsubishi L. 2:18,027
12. Illés Gábor Honda Accord 2:23,159
13. Popovics László Opel Speedster2:27,523
14. Pljusznyin Alex BMW M3 2:28,047
15. Lőnhárd Csaba Fiat Bravo 2:30,841
16. Dóri Szilárd VW Polo 2:31,895
17. Pintér Gábor Fiat Brava 2:36,533
18. Vojácsek Pál Nissan 350Z 2:37,303

To be honest there were only 2 potential car out there beside the 2 NSX. The nissan GTR which is upgraded to 600HP and the M3 CSL with compressor (410HP)....but we were lucky :-)

Last edited:
<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/48196726" width="500" height="281" frameborder="0" webkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen allowFullScreen></iframe> <p><a href="http://vimeo.com/48196726">Time Attack Pannónia-Ring</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/user4377355">TUNEXCOM</a> on <a href="http://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>

Sweet !

(Actually my name is Tamas, but we use 1 account here with my best friend Zsolt as I have lost my computer with my password and the e-mail address is not valid anymore :-( I have asked the administrators many times, but no reply so we use 1 account :-( )

Yes it is a pity that the other were on cooling lap but here are the final results:
1. Horváth Tamás Honda NSX 2:10,820
2. Gallai Zsolt Honda NSX 2:10,951
3. Árvai Imre Nissan GTR 2:11,729
4. Ponyiczki Gábor BMW 320 M5 2:15,560
5. Valló Zoltán BMW M3 2:15,609
6. Kovács Béla BMW M3CSL 2:15,659
7. Bozsó Attila BMW M3 2.15,737
8. Gönczi Zsolt Mitsubishi L. 2:16,287
9. Balázs Szabolcs Honda S2000 2:17,039
10. Barna Viktor Mitsubishi L. 2.17,950
11. Pintér András Mitsubishi L. 2:18,027
12. Illés Gábor Honda Accord 2:23,159
13. Popovics László Opel Speedster2:27,523
14. Pljusznyin Alex BMW M3 2:28,047
15. Lőnhárd Csaba Fiat Bravo 2:30,841
16. Dóri Szilárd VW Polo 2:31,895
17. Pintér Gábor Fiat Brava 2:36,533
18. Vojácsek Pál Nissan 350Z 2:37,303

To be honest there were only 2 potential car out there beside the 2 NSX. The nissan GTR which is upgraded to 600HP and the M3 CSL with compressor (410HP)....but we were lucky :-)
I suppose you realize that the drivers in some of the other cars were definitely not as good as you:cool:
The French "Sport Auto" magazine publishes the track times of the cars they test on the Le Mans/Bugatti track with a professional driver.
Here are a few among those you have listed:
Porsche 911 GT3 RS 3.8 1'49"25
Corvette ZR1 1'49"50
Nissan GTR 2011 1'51"37
Porsche Boxter Syder 1'55"45
BMW M5 1'58"12
Lotus Elise 2'05"87
I have personnally been on the same track with my LoveFab NSX ( with OS Giken diff!) and I can garantee that there is NO WAY you can follow a well driven Nissan GTR:redface:

Trackday at Hungaroring (the Formula1 track). Try to follow a ~600hp GTR which was on slick tires. On that day I made 2:06.7 (my best time is 2:05.7) and the GTR best time was 2:02. It is very very quick, specially on the corner exit acceleration and on the straights. At the back part of the track with short straigts and combined cornes the NSX was very capable...at least the same speed or even a bit faster than the GTR.

Oh yes...and I try to do as smooooooooth as I can as advised by docjohn :rolleyes:

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/OJt-dBNiTBU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

lol....you can laugh at me all you want....but this time around the car was handling better maybe tires and conditions.....you were much smoother with the hands.I wish I could drive some of those famous F1 circuits.What group did you run with..not many cars on track.I have no problem with crazy hands on a boosted nsx because you have the power,but an na nsx is best driven just the way you did.:smile:

lol....you can laugh at me all you want....but this time around the car was handling better maybe tires and conditions.....you were much smoother with the hands.I wish I could drive some of those famous F1 circuits.What group did you run with..not many cars on track.I have no problem with crazy hands on a boosted nsx because you have the power,but an na nsx is best driven just the way you did.:smile:

I did not want to be sarky. I really take your advise, as my style coming from karting was different (and as the rear tires were worse and worse it even get more crazy hands).

You are wellcomed in Hungary at the Hungaroring...you can drive my NSX :-)

Thankyou...amongst track drivers that is a great compliment..to offer ones car to drive:smile:

i have to say i love to watch the first video much more, wish I could dance my nsx like that. :) I haven't been on track almost a year now and watching your video really got the gasoline in my blood flowing, thank you very much for posting

Back