HSC project stopped...

Motor Trend said in their 50 most powerful people list that the president(I think?) of honda was responcible for axing the next nsx.

dnyhof said:
Motor Trend said in their 50 most powerful people list that the president(I think?) of honda was responcible for axing the next nsx.

You mean the president who stated awhile ago that "no rival will exist for the next NSX" or something to that effect?:

wetoddimage.wtdr

wetoddimage.wtdr

wetoddimage.wtdr

I sure hope MT isn't right because Takeo Fukui is a dedicated motorsports guy and I can't imagine what he would be thinking by killing off Honda's flagship supercar :confused:

My prediction for the future of high-end sports cars:

As a result of the power wars, 2-3 years from now..... a thick power band and overall hp/tq numbers will become a commodity. Every marque that wants to compete in the space will have a car model with very impressive power to weight ratios. New features will be the difference makers in who has the best car. If Honda decides to remain in this space with the NSX, they too will produce a car wih similar power to weight ratios as compared to the new F cars and the Z06. However, they will hopefully couple that car with other advancements like future versions of SH-awd and aerodynamic features like advanced undertrays and the such. More or less what I'm saying is that every mfr. will have 500-600 hp/low-3000lb cars, but whoever most effectively harnesses the commoditized power will have the fastest car.

Back