How to tell if I have 3.2 swap in my 91?

Kind of a PITA but you could pull the oil pan and measure the crankshaft rod journals; 3.0L are 50mm, 3.2L are 52mm.

I am guessing that you don't want to go looking for part numbers on the engine block?

C32 engines will all be drive by wire. A drive by wire throttle body would be a definite sign that a complete engine / ECU swap to a C32 was done on the car. It would be possible to just swap the block and heads from a C32; but, that would involve re mapping the C30 ECU if you are going to do it properly (or installing an aftermarket open ECU). Re mapping a pre OBDII ECU is not a common skill set. A quick peak behind the rear bulkhead cover will tell you whether you have an aftermarket ECU.

I am guessing that you don't want to go looking for part numbers on the engine block?

C32 engines will all be drive by wire. A drive by wire throttle body would be a definite sign that a complete engine / ECU swap to a C32 was done on the car. It would be possible to just swap the block and heads from a C32; but, that would involve re mapping the C30 ECU if you are going to do it properly (or installing an aftermarket open ECU). Re mapping a pre OBDII ECU is not a common skill set. A quick peak behind the rear bulkhead cover will tell you whether you have an aftermarket ECU.

I am not sure about drive by wire. Where would part number be located on engine? And how do I tell if it's 3.2? Thank you!

Back