How to obtain service records??

Just bought my NSX, has just over 63,00 miles on it. Service records were supposed to be mailed to me, but the previous owner has been in the hospital, and may not be out anytime soon, so that may be a lost cause.

Is there anyway using the VIN (or something else) to see what was done on the car in the past?? I would like to a service history.

The problem I am running into is I don't know where he had it serviced, and since Acura isn't networked, they can't tell me if it was not done at their location. Welcome to the 21st century guys...

I know the Timing Belt was done, but things like the 60K mile service I don't know, and don't want to shell out money for a duplicate!!

Awesome cars, thanks for the help!

Welcome. :)

I'm not sure about routine maintenance records, but your local Acura dealership should be able to tell you if the relevant recalls for your car have been completed from your VIN. Also, you might try calling the previous owner's local dealerships (and NSX shops, if any) to ask if they ever serviced the car. They may be able to furnish you with the records if you can establish proof of ownership. Good luck.

Thanks for the help, I verified the recalls, and tranny checked out as expected. I'll keep trying to track the others down.

Back