How to determine the original color of a JDM NSX?

How to determind the original color of a JDM NSX?

Can it be determined by the VIN code or can I call Honda? Or is there a list out there?

The problem with the JDM VIN Code is that the number is a lot shorter and would not tell you as much detail as the USDM VIN codes.

Re: How to determind the original color of a JDM NSX?

On the US cars there is a white sticker in the door jam with the exterior and interior color codes. Look there.

On the US cars there is a white sticker in the door jam with the exterior and interior color codes. Look there.

But is it the same for JDM models?

And is there anyway to fake this sticker?

iirc those would be the same for a Honda's.
Do you want to repaint a US NSX in a JDM colour and put the JDM sticker on that?

If so yes we can order the sticker from Honda.

Don't know, I have never seen a JDM NSX in person. A.S. is saying you can order the stickers from Honda, so I suppose it's possible to make a matching sticker for the new paint. BTW, there is no way to tell from the VIN what color the car was. You could pull up your carpet and check the floor pans- they might have the old color unless it was a full strip-down restoration.

Don't know, I have never seen a JDM NSX in person. A.S. is saying you can order the stickers from Honda, so I suppose it's possible to make a matching sticker for the new paint. BTW, there is no way to tell from the VIN what color the car was. You could pull up your carpet and check the floor pans- they might have the old color unless it was a full strip-down restoration.
iirc (i'd need to check on mine), your chassis plate also states the color code.

iirc those would be the same for a Honda's.
Do you want to repaint a US NSX in a JDM colour and put the JDM sticker on that?

If so yes we can order the sticker from Honda.

Im going to buy a JDM NSX and import to where I live, so I would like to know how to verify original color of the JDM NSX.

Im going to buy a JDM NSX and import to where I live, so I would like to know how to verify original color of the JDM NSX.

Hope you don't live in the US. That may not go so well for you.

But like stated above, the sticker on the door jamb (can't remember if it's left side or right side) will have the paint code, regardless of where the car is located. Someone would have to be anal about it to repaint the entire car with no telltale signs and then replace that sticker with the new color code.

Last edited:

Eugene, you should've just called and asked me directly.

Yes, I know how to determine JDM NSX original colors.

The information lies under the front hood on a black plate below the VIN.

there is no way to tell from the VIN what color the car was.
That's true in other (non-U.S.) markets. However, in the States, Acura has records of the original exterior/interior color of each car by VIN. Those records were validated by a member here who came up with the production numbers by color shown in the Wiki/FAQ.

That's true in other (non-U.S.) markets. However, in the States, Acura has records of the original exterior/interior color of each car by VIN. Those records were validated by a member here who came up with the production numbers by color shown in the Wiki/FAQ.

Same over-here color codes can be looked up in a dealer/oem network.
I've seen cars repainted with where the masked off the paint sticker, that is clearly not the way to go since it will look horrible.

can always look in the engine compartment. i have maybe seen two that were a color change that went as far as doing the engine compartment.

engine compartment should match the exterior of the car

can always look in the engine compartment. i have maybe seen two that were a color change that went as far as doing the engine compartment.

engine compartment should match the exterior of the car

My engine bay is a dark grey color / dull light black color, it isn't exact :confused:

Back