How to build a clean nsx in 3 months time

**updated 6/26 with new pics**

I picked up my nsx at the end of march in the following condition.......

IMG_8180r.jpg

IMG_8234r.jpg

IMG_7948r.jpg

Afterwards I picked up a few small items, but when my s2000 finally sold I splurged on some more expensive parts.

Here are a few blurry teasers of what's to come, I'll update with full car shots in a few days when everything is finished.

IMG_0635r.jpg

IMG_0686r.jpg

IMG_0639r.jpg

IMG_0682r.jpg

IMG_0650r.jpg

IMG_0674r.jpg

IMG_0680r.jpg

And here is the car as it sits now... I finally got the tires switched out, and the lip on. I still need to drop the front end back down, and the car needs an alignment real bad. Anyways, on with the pics:

IMG_0958r.jpg

IMG_0951r.jpg

IMG_0955r.jpg

IMG_0960r.jpg

IMG_0949r.jpg

IMG_0956r.jpg

IMG_0952r.jpg

IMG_0959r.jpg

IMG_0950r.jpg

IMG_0954r.jpg

Last edited:
You d@mn tease!!! Show us the installed goods already!!! :biggrin: :tongue:

I'd rather wait until everything I have is on the car... Everything should be done on the car tonight, but I'm going to have to wait until monday or tuesday for some paint.

teasers are ghey. your camera skills suck. :D

Thanks, haha.

Ill, did you end up getting spacers for the wheels? Car looks great man we need to do a photoshoot soon!!

Yeah, I picked up some 25mm bolt on spacers for the rear, but I'm just leaving the front as is. I figure since I'm running 18/18 this will allow me to tuck the front tire a little, and have a little fender gap in the rear. It should have a nice rake to it... This is only a temporary fix though. I'll most likely sell my wheels for something else once I make up my mind.

And as for the photoshoot, I'm still out in Chicago, but I'll be back in AZ to visit before the end of the summer, so I'd definitely be down to come up and check your ride out, as well as snap some pics.

This better be good you tease! :smile:

I aim to please, but we will see. :smile:

this is lame. what is the point?

You get to see a stock nsx missing its front lip, then some blurry pictures of average parts.

I wasn't expecting much when I entered a thread started by "ill roller", but a modified nsx in a 'how to build a clean nsx' thread would have been nice.

Perhaps his point is that Honda did it the first time, fifteen years ago?

Man, you guys are tough on a Friday afternoon. Lighten up; have a beer. I like the pics....just want to see the finished product. :biggrin:

BTW - the wheels appear to be BBS LM, not Fikse FM/10. :smile:

Haha, the internet is serious business guys, no threads will be permitted unless the cars inside are highly modified... I'll be posting full car shots on monday or tuesday, so don't get your panties in a twist.

The wheels are LM's, not Fikse's.

And my car is a 2000 with 59k.

The lip still isn't on, and I had to raise the front from where it is in the picture for now because I have the wrong tire sizes at the moment, but here's a preview shot for all the whiners.

ajsnsx012gy5.jpg

I have a shine lip, just waiting til monday on my paint guy.

You picked the right color.. Car looks sweet man..just need to get rid of the antenna.. :wink:

Also love the wheels, I have some on one of my other cars.. :smile:

I agree with Demigod, white is a hot color for the nsx. I wouldn't get rid of the antena, not the best looking but in my opinion, better looking then the shark antena's that stick up a little, bit at least the factory nsx antenas are retractable. Im suprised no one figured out how to make our US spec antena's stay half mast like the nsx-r antena. Frank

Actually, my antenna is half-mast. There's something wrong with the cables inside. But looks great and still works.

Anyways, nice car ill. Just way too low for me... ricey low.

I agree with Demigod, white is a hot color for the nsx. I wouldn't get rid of the antena, not the best looking but in my opinion, better looking then the shark antena's that stick up a little, bit at least the factory nsx antenas are retractable. Im suprised no one figured out how to make our US spec antena's stay half mast like the nsx-r antena. Frank

You picked the right color.. Car looks sweet man..just need to get rid of the antenna.. :wink:

Also love the wheels, I have some on one of my other cars.. :smile:

About the only thing I would do is remove the motor or remove the whole antenna and get a plug. I don't want any shorty antenna or anything.

Actually, my antenna is half-mast. There's something wrong with the cables inside. But looks great and still works.

Anyways, nice car ill. Just way too low for me... ricey low.

Slammed cars aren't for everyone... This isn't a track car or anything, its just a weekend car. It drives great, and looks perfect as far as I'm concerned, so I'm satisfied with the height.

Plus the front won't be quite as low as in that picture, I'm just going to make it so that the frame rails are level.

:thumbup to the S2k to NSX guys!

Lots of haters on here, nothing wrong with a little teaser Ill. We all did it all the time on S2ki, lol..

Looking clean, keep it up.

James

looks great!!

I love the slammed look!

and also the quote in your sig!! :)

Back