How reliable is a 92 Toyota MR2 that has 230k on it?

NSX/MR2

Suspended
It's time again! I always have liked the NSX/MR2 combination. My last such combination was about eight months ago. However, now that i already got another NSX, I want another MR2 to complement it. My question is: "how reliable do you think it's going to be with 230k on the odometer?" This 92 MR2 looks like it has been well taken care of. (Got the rims, maintenance and CD player I want.) The question is should I go dor it given that Toyota like Honda is very well-know for their supperb reliability? (Would be agreat track car and daily driver.)

something about 230,000 miles and track car sound like a money pit to me. I do love that gen Mr-2 though. I would think there have to be some cars out there in a similar price range with waaaaaaaay lower miles on them???
Aaron

Hmm! How does 3,800-3,900 to you guys sound? Going to check the car today and see what is the real deal. Like I said, it has some good features on it already (rims, CD player....)

is it turbo? if its been on the track and its turbo then it might not be a good idea to purchase it.

if everything in the engine look stock then you may have a better luck as far as reliability. remember its not just the engine you want reliability check the tranny also.

i had just sold my 91 turbo with 100K. and there are plenty of mr2 out there that has low miles for decent price.

but if you must get the car i say pay no more than $3000-3300 for it.

goodluck.

Back