How much would you offer for this? JH4NA21683T000055

Re: How much would you offer for this?

Wow, 54K? Is that a realistic price, or are you simply saying that would be a good starting point to work up from?

The pricing guide says an F car would fetch 55-60K. I've read that the pricing guide is probably overstated by at least 5k. Maybe it's not even that accurate now?

I do agree that the 50K+ used car market is slowing and will probably slow even more in the future. Question is, does the market agree enough to come down. I'd love to hear more opinions. Has anyone bought a 2002+ in A/B condition for under 60K recently?

poncekim said:
Wow, 54K? Is that a realistic price, or are you simply saying that would be a good starting point to work up from?

The pricing guide says an F car would fetch 55-60K. I've read that the pricing guide is probably overstated by at least 5k. Maybe it's not even that accurate now?

I do agree that the 50K+ used car market is slowing and will probably slow even more in the future. Question is, does the market agree enough to come down. I'd love to hear more opinions. Has anyone bought a 2002+ in A/B condition for under 60K recently?

Regardless what people believe the value of NSX on this Forum, if the car is going to be purchase from a dealer, you always factor in the KBB whole sale value. Negotiate from there. At the end of the day, that's how the dealer determine their purchase price. Don't forget, if the car includes Honda certified used car, it will cost the dealer more moola.

KBB Value:
Trade in: 62525/Excellent, 59610/Good, 54380/Fair
Private Party: 67670/Excellent, 64455/Good, 60035/Fair

poncekim said:

Yes, I bought my 02 with 27,000 miles off my lease for 52K, 1 owner all service up to date and documented and well taken care of, I should know, I've had it since new. So yes, the residual buyout was my purchase price, that's the price that the dealer would pay from Honda, or less..........

poncekim said:
Wow, 54K? Is that a realistic price, or are you simply saying that would be a good starting point to work up from?QUOTE]

Even at 54k, you will still pay the dealer prep fee. not sure what it is at that dealer. I bet they own that car for less than 52k. Granted it is newest body styling but it will soon be 4 years old.

Any idea how long dealer has had it?

No idea how long they have had it, but it appeared on autotrader within the past two weeks.

I called to get a feel for their target price. Wouldn't budge on the price and basically laughed when I said I thought negotiations should start in the 50s.

poncekim said:
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...5&doors=&transmission=&max_price=&cardist=378

It's a 2003 Black/black with 23.5K miles.

Has anyone seen this car in person? What would you offer for it?

I guarantee you that they won't go for below $60K (out the door). I have been dealing with niello for several NSXs (02+) range are from 65-70k.

I forgot what was the first NSX i offer, been a year now.

But The second one was an 03 with 26k miles silver w/ black for $67k no tax or fees include (73-75K with tax and fees I would estimate). I made an offer of $60k out the door, and walked out. They tried to stop me but the manager came out and said "that's an unrealistic offer....blah blah blah." So I left and told them to give me a call if they agree with the deal. 2 days later, SOLD!!!... (but i think if the offer were around 63-64K out the door, they probably let it go).

Then comes my "X" up for sale! 02 spa yellow w/ black with 20,541 miles for $64,995 or $65,995 (i don't remember!!!) no tax or fees ($70K was their asking price Out the door). It was my brithday on that day, so I wouldn't mind paying an extra thousand or two. My first offer was $58K out the door. Rejected! they showed me the total price with everything included, turned out to be around $70K. Then I got tried of them showing and telling me all this crap, so i gave up and said 62K out the door "TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT" (stand up and walkd out):mad: . Right before i reached the door, the manager came out and said ok, sold. and i was like (:smile: ). Oh did i mention i still have warranty till april 07?

Oh, IMO, i still think $62.5k for my "X" is kinda of expensive, (58-60K out the door is decent price from dealers w/ warranty). BUT.....I'm happy with my X:smile: !!

Back