How much should i ask for my NSX?

what is there to be nervous about if your not being obvious, as in speeding or weaving in and out of cars, cops won't even look at most people in nicer cars

i had a cop pull up beside me last night, my music was cranked and he looks over and gives me the thumbs up and then proceeded on his own way.

From reading the above story it did not seem like he was doing much to warrant the treatment he or his brother got.

From reading the above story it did not seem like he was doing much to warrant the treatment he or his brother got.

i didn't say that...

no one deserves treatment like that... all im saying is for the most part you should not be worried about driving your car here, i don't get harassed and im only a year older than him

i didn't say that...

no one deserves treatment like that... all im saying is for the most part you should not be worried about driving your car here, i don't get harassed and im only a year older than him

Ya but il bet you the NSX isnt in your name and you dont have a bunch of speeding tickets, lol. 80% of the time when a cop pulls up behind me and runs my plate (2-3 times a week) im getting stopped.... And the fact thats it a pretty modded NSX that sounds like a F1 car with the test pipes doesnt help either, haha. I should have just put the car in my father's name...

Thanks alot for the support everyone, il be definetly doing something about what happened. Il grab the tickets and post the info like Bio said.

This is crazy but not surprising. I had my run-ins with the Toronto Police last Friday as well. I went for a drive around the club district downtown, as I approach John Street on Richmond, I was making a left turn, however there was 2 taxis sitting on the left turn lane, so I had to skip to the lane over as I approach the turn. As I approach, there were 2 cruisers parked on John, as I turn, one of the officer pull me over and gave me a ticket for making the turn in such fashion. I asked how are we suppose to make that turn when there are cabs illegally parked waiting for fares on the turn lane. They didn't bother to listen, gave me a ticket and asked me to take it up at court.

I think as long as you drive a sports car, look kind of young (I am 33, lets face it, I don't look young) and appear likely to speed, they will give you a ticket. For the next little while, I will definitly avoid the after 9pm drive until this so call "street racer blitz" take a breather. We are being profiled regardless of how safe and well behave we are on the road. They will use any excuse to pull you over and give you a ticket. I am going to Edward Street next week to appeal the ticket. There is no way I am paying for this. My girlfriend was with me and she is my witness if needed.

Don't give them excuse to ticket you!! Obey all street rules (I know is difficult). I suspect this will stay this way all summer long.:mad:

Just a update incase anyone is wondering. Ended up getting 30 days in jail, 2 year REPORTING probation, 1 year license suspension and $5 000 fine. My lawyer says he has never seen anything like this before even in some of the murder trials he has done. Durham Region is a place to stay away from with your cars guys. They have their own rules that dont make sense with anyone else. Its a shame how someone can get all this when iv never been in trouble with the police and never been arrested. The cop tried to bring up how someone at the age of 22 should not be able to afford this and than my lawyer brought in my father and his proof of owning a successful trucking company. That ended quickly and the cops comments were ignored. All this because of a 170 in 70 and they thought i needed jail time because when i was younger i lost my license for 6 months due to too many points on my record...

30 days in jail? That's outrageous! I feel for you :( Any way to appeal this decision?

Im doing so now. Having to go in once a month by CAB to be asked if iv been in trouble with the police since last month for 2 years is outrageous. And asking for a 6 month suspension instead because of all the money im losing not being able to drive to work and having to spend money on cabs.

I know that area...

At least you're out of there, One of the reasons I'm waiting till I pick up an NSX. If you're gone though, why are you selling? Currently my two cars aren't in my name for similar reasons (plus other).

Why are you still selling if you left though, if you don't mind me asking

Last edited:
I know that area...

At least you're out of there, One of the reasons I'm waiting till I pick up an NSX. If you're gone though, why are you selling? Currently my two cars aren't in my name for similar reasons (plus other).

Why are you still selling if you left though, if you don't mind me asking

Not selling it anymore. Doing a 02+ Sorcery widebody and turbo

Good luck with the car and while it has seemed to me that you appear to be a level headed guy (aside from your speeding habits that is), to me, the LAST thing you need is a turbo in that car.

Stay safe and good luck with the car.

Good luck with the car and while it has seemed to me that you appear to be a level headed guy (aside from your speeding habits that is), to me, the LAST thing you need is a turbo in that car.

Stay safe and good luck with the car.

Haha thanks Dave. Il be the first to admit i was foolish with the heavy foot and all, but i have a different outlook on driving in Ontario now. When the NSX is done i wont be driving it much at all besides coming to a few meets :)

or not pose all gangsta near the tow truck...it kinda foreshadows your attitude. Cops hate shit like that.

After 14 tickets from the cop i could care less what he does like or does not. You have to me one big douche bag to hate someone enough to tow their car and give them 14 tickets. Thats one person that should not have that kind of power. And how about u give me a call after u get treated like that and be forced to pay a $400 tow bill. Tell me if you would be " caring" if the cop likes your pose for the camera. You must be a cop

tickets.jpg

Coming from some experience, you must have some serious driving record in your past for the Justice of the Peace to give you 30 days in jail. Perhaps a couple "Drive motor vehicle while under suspension" for either Dermit points or Unpaid fines. Both of those will usually do it.

Did you say you were going 170 in a 70 km/h? That is "Stunt / Racing " driving my friend....6 points....7 day suspension and a tow.

I agree with Dave, the last thing you NEED is a Turbo. Anyways, good luck with the appeal, most be costing you serious time and $$$

Coming from some experience, you must have some serious driving record in your past for the Justice of the Peace to give you 30 days in jail. Perhaps a couple "Drive motor vehicle while under suspension" for either Dermit points or Unpaid fines. Both of those will usually do it.

Did you say you were going 170 in a 70 km/h? That is "Stunt / Racing " driving my friend....6 points....7 day suspension and a tow.

I agree with Dave, the last thing you NEED is a Turbo. Anyways, good luck with the appeal, most be costing you serious time and $$$

Ya what didn't look good was that i had my license suspended before at the tender age of 18 for too many demerit points and was caught with the nsx going 50 over at 116 in a 60. Now the reason i still have a bad taste in my mouth is like you said 7 day suspension and a tow... well it didnt happen. After asking how i can afford this car he came back with the 2 tickets and said " Have a nice night". Like i said in court when i apologized for the incident, the cop DID NOT have me on radar and like he said he heard my car while doing paper work and from the time it took him to reach my car going 200km for a few seconds, he estimated my speed of travel was atleast 170km. Guess i can blame the full exhaust with test pipes for that as all my friends say they hear me from blocks away. I was not expecting to come to court and hear they were asking for 6 months in jail, 2 year license suspension, $10 000 fine and so forth. And the best part was now he was saying he had me on radar and what i was shocked to hear was he didnt need proof of it, it was my word vs his.

God Bless America,

USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA

LOL

ok, now that the chest beating is complete let me tell you a little story about my days driving an Integra GSR when I was 17.

I used to get about 2-3 tickets a week, and every one of them was my fault. When I went to court I always pled guilty and got supervision and a small fine. Even for speeding.

One day I got pulled over and gave the Police officer my drivers license and insruance card. He came back with 10 tickets... including driving without a license and no proof of insurance! What a dick!!!!

I went to court and stood before the judge when my case was called. Ive seen the judge a bunch of times before. For the first time when asked how I plead I said "not guilty".. and the judge looked up from his documents and stared at me. He asked for the witness and the police officer from Morton Grove IL came beside me.

I told the judge that I have 9 other citations from the same officer for the same traffic stop, and that includes one for the missing documents and that he had stolen them.

When the Police officer spoke, out of turn I might add, the judge silenced him and said:

"I have seen this kid in here waaaaaay too much. He is a repeat offender and has always owned up to his tickets. This is the first time he has ever pled "not guilty" in this court, and I have a stack of 10 citations for petty infractions.. I am not happy with you officer XXXXX, court in recess, tickets are off the record, and YOU.. OFFICER XXXXX in my chambers now!"

I got pulled over about 3 weeks later in morton grove by the same cop for speeding. I was driving a friends car because he drank that night and I was the designated driver... he walked up to the car, saw it was me and said: "awwww shit, its you... turned around, walked back to his car, and drove off".

Turns out the judge not only cancelled the tickets, but also had him him disciplined by his department and the officer was not allowed to ever ticket me again or he would be in contempt of court.

I have two friends who are cops... they are good guys. But even they admit there are some real Nazi's on the force. These people need to be monitored and when they step out of line and abuse their power, we citizens need to fight them collectively because usually we cannot do anything individually.

Jman

Back