How much my nsx is worth you think?

Hey guys. I am thinking about painting my nsx pearl nsx-r. What do you think? Or should i sell mine and get a white nsx. I wanted the white but at the time that i was surching for one i could not find a clean and well serviced nsx in the 91-95 years. They were all beat up or way too much for the price for a clean one.

I have a 92 nsx. I put some after market stuff on it. Bolt on stuff but i have all the oem stuff to put back on there.

It has 101,000 miles on it but i have all the service records. And just 3 months ago. All coilpacks, oil change, plugs, valvecover gaskets, all coolant hoses, oil hoses, tranny fluid was changed. I bought 1800.00 worth of oem parts and fluids and had it done. Car is very clean in and out. 2 very small dents in the driver door. Car runs very good.

I had a small accident were i scraped a guard rail with the front. It was all replacement parts no frame damage done to it. A bumper aluminum guard bounced off the guard rail and hit the windshield. So i had a new one put it. Other then that it was 2 headlight covers, driver headlight, front full bumper cover with lower valance and lip, hood had a small chip in it (seibon hood. Resin chipped). Scratched my one a rim on driver side. Cant tell. (my gram light with titanium lip). And one fender had gotten dented a little. Bumper lights as well.

I had it fixed at the best shop in upstate ny. Has lifetime warranty on the paint and work. Then recently my neighbor backed into my back bumper. Put a hole in the corner. No damage to the quarter panels or anything else. Just hte bumper cover. I have all pics from both accidents.

I am thinking of a color change or selling it all stock and getting a white one. What do you guys think i should do.

Only reason why i dont want to sell it and get a new one due to service records and i know i had everything changed that can go wrong with the car. Like window fix it squares, door handle repair thingies, coolant over flow tank. That will be the only aftermarket thing in the car along with a k@n filter.

But what makes me want to sell it is to paint the enginebay, under the hood, door jams and inside of the car is alot of work. 18,000.00 to take the engine out, unwire it, remove the dash, rug, seats, and prep it up and pait it the right way. Is it worth it? No. If i do it my self it would be 10,000.00 to take it out and i put it back in.

What do you guys think my car is worth now with maintenance and accidents.

And what i should do. Paint it or sell it?

yes timing belt and water pump was done as well on the regular maintenance. also has a new oem clutch done. 6-7k on it.

Last edited:
Your car could be worth in the mid to high 20s if you can find a buyer in this depressed market. The NSX R was a black car painted outside only. The engine bay was not painted. Check out Frank Spano's car; he did exactly that.

Good luck on your decision but I wouldn't sell.

Tytus

I think Tytus is painting a very rosy picture and if you can get that much I would sell it. With the mileage and history I would say low 20's is more accurate in today's market. Of course I would like to see them sell as high as possible but there are a lot of 100k mile cars around so you have a lot of competition. If you want a white car it would make more sense to sell and buy a white car as you will never get your paint money out when you sell. If you plan on keeping for a long time either way will work.

your car could be worth in the mid to high 20s if you can find a buyer in this depressed market. The nsx r was a black car painted outside only. The engine bay was not painted. Check out frank spano's car; he did exactly that.

Good luck on your decision but i wouldn't sell.

Tytus

guys, i appreciate avery ones reply on here. Thanks for this info. I didnt know that the nsx-r was only painted on the outside. Now i think i will do it. And you are correct about the marked now. And larry pointed out something as well. The holidays around he corner.

i think tytus is painting a very rosy picture and if you can get that much i would sell it. With the mileage and history i would say low 20's is more accurate in today's market. Of course i would like to see them sell as high as possible but there are a lot of 100k mile cars around so you have a lot of competition. If you want a white car it would make more sense to sell and buy a white car as you will never get your paint money out when you sell. If you plan on keeping for a long time either way will work.

yeah. I learned it from my honda crx. I put a lot of money into to with a new paint job, and other stuff. I did have my buddy paint it. But because i was very picky with my car and all my cars, he said there's no way in hell he will do it again. Lol now we are talking about a acura nsx here. Thats means it will need to look factory for me. Lol

Back