• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

How much is too much?

Hi!

Been trying to sell my 2001 NSX-T, Red/tan, 45K miles for a little while. I'm asking for $70K CAD, but just reduced the price to $68K CAD obo. I only got one tire kicker and one joy rider calling me up (I didn't give him a ride). I just put an ad in the Auto Trader in Calgary because it seems that Edmonton is just not the place to sell a car like this.

Anybody have any tips for selling the car? At this price, it is equivalent to about a $52K USD car which is in line or a bit low according to the FAQ price guide.

The car has new tires in May this year and was recently completely inspected in May as well.

Dave

thats an awesome price but it all depends on the history of the car where its originally from since its in miles and also the service work that has been done or needs to be done
but from what i see thats a great price for a 2001

The problem is simple... it's August. Hang onto it until April and interest ought to improve. I think your price is pretty fair, given the unusually high mileage for an '01 and time of year. From a buyer's perspective, if the car is indeed a US car, you should advise so in the ad.

The ad on prime says that it is a US based car. I brought it up last year. There are no outstanding maintenance issues. I had it fully inspected again in May this year and it had no problems at all. It went in the autotrader today at $70K, and I got a couple of feelers from Calgary so we'll see how it goes. If anybody here knows anybody who might want a car like this, please PM me.

Back