Votes: 26 18.6%
  • $11k-15k

Votes: 20 14.3%
  • $15k +

Votes: 58 41.4%

• Total voters
Modding is addicting...:eek:
Yes, Dan

Addiction is a dangerous thing. It take more and more mods or better quality parts each time just to get same satisfaction than before. Very scary.

----------------End-------------------------------------------------------

I hope people don't take the thread wrong and actually able to get something positive out of this thread.

I had conversation with John tonight. I told him, "John, I hope someone don't take that thread wrong". I was going to refrain from posting to this thread because it seem to displaying what John said as bad "taste" by listing up the prices paid.

If people only take it at face value, it is a interesting thread. How much you spent on mods is a question someone often asked in person. Sometimes people are just curious and I am no different.

Yes; on reflection they seemed to be somewhat in bad taste, if anyone wants to do the adding, we all know what the parts sell for. :redface:

lol, John, I love the funny smile on your face when I ask about it tonight, it's all for the fun of it.

Well, JDM OEM parts pricing is not as well known as aftermarket stuff, I get PM often about where I buy my stuff and how much expecting to pay and most of them were shocked how much Honda charge for their parts.

Now we have several good Type R venders on Prime, the accessibility is much better than only 18 months ago.:smile:

You got off light!!

Someone help me... please... I am considering ceramic brakes... It is a cry for help...

Uh not to be an enabler or anything but where did you find them and how much:tongue:

Greetings from Suzhou, China!

Easy 6 figures, before the turbo buildup. Okay off my chest. Modding an NSX, or anything else, is neither a sickness nor an addiction. It is simply a personal expression of one's love for that particular object of desire; the amount and degree to which is dictated by one's imagination and emotional attachment. Limiting the discussion of modifications only in terms of time and money would be the same as reading only the first and last page of any story and presuming to know what the story was about (I know this is only a poll).
It is always refreshing and rewarding to talk to fellow NSX owners, such as Vance, Jason and Tom, who see far more of their car than the sum of all its parts. Countless hours have been spent contemplating, then implementing, but never enjoying it seems. I hold far more respect for an NSX owner with the simplest of mods, who knows his car inside and out and understands the reasoning behind each modification, than an owner with a deep pocket who simply lays out the cash because he wants to be faster/better than anyone else. To all on this thread, I congratulate you on your accomplishment.

Best Regards,

Danny

I started getting a sick feeling as I went through a mental inventory list of mods and money spent. Then the shakes started and I stopped.:frown: From my signature, you can get an idea of most of the major upgrades. I think I have about $40K so far into things. I have a special race clutch and an 02 conversion on deck, which will add another $15K to the mix. Also, I have added a number of Dali chrome parts to the engine you can see from the photo below. Oh boy, here come the shakes again!:tongue: I swear I am done after this, but then I think about some new perforated leather seats and other goodies. Will the misery ever stop?

2090207_19_full.jpg

I started getting a sick feeling as I went through a mental inventory list of mods and money spent. Then the shakes started and I stopped.:frown: From my signature, you can get an idea of most of the major upgrades. I think I have about $40K so far into things. I have a special race clutch and an 02 conversion on deck, which will add another $15K to the mix. Also, I have added a number of Dali chrome parts to the engine you can see from the photo below. Oh boy, here come the shakes again!:tongue: I swear I am done after this, but then I think about some new perforated leather seats and other goodies. Will the misery ever stop?

2090207_19_full.jpg

Your engine sure looks clean. How much wheel horse power are u putting down?

Your engine sure looks clean. How much wheel horse power are u putting down?

I have a dyno and a final turbo tune in the next month (after the clutch is installed). I am anticipating 425-435rwhp.:biggrin:

Previous Owner: CTSC + IHE + Suspension + 02 conversion + wheels + stupid stuff tha I had to fix later..= 20K

Me: Accusump System (2k) + GTCs (3K) + Recaro PPs (2K) + various stock pieces + other random pieces (1k-2K) = Apparently not much at all compared to everyone else!

Wow! I can't believe how much people have spent on mods and I've added up what I've done and yikes - THE MOD BUG HAS HIT ME!!!

Former owner:
JDM NSX short gears installed by Mark Basch ($749)
JDM NSX-R 4.23 ring and pinion installed by Mark Basch ($924)
Centerforce Clutch with Dali/Tilton lightweight flywheel ($1295+$529)
Taitec headers ($1247)
Science of Speed ECU w/EPROM socket ($305)
Science of Speed Big Bore throttle body ($259)
Science of Speed tuned intake manifold ($250)
Walbro HP255 fuel pump ($125)
AEM fuel pressure regulator ($75)
Injectors cleaned/blueprinted/flow tested at RC Engineering ($100)
Powerslot rotors ($400)
Alpine MP3 Changer ($250)
Konig Villain 17/18" wheels ($1500)

Me:
Downforce +02 Conversion (Full) - $7500
SOS Trunk Struts - $50
SOS Double Din Bracket Kit - $30
Dali Racing Center Console - $300
Cantrell AIS - $250
Nitto N555 Tires (All around) - $600
WORK Wheels - $2300
Taitec GT Lightweight Exhaust - $1000

So the car is sitting as she is with $20,000 in mods and growing...

Jetpilot

Im $43k give or take. I have every single record, mod, etc in a nice binder. Totalled it up the other day, very depressing. :frown: Should have bought a swimming pool:biggrin: Still would do it all over again, now my S2000...thats another story. Havent driven it in about 5 months. But it does make a nice lawn ornament:biggrin:

You got off light!!

Here are some strange observations:

1) This disease is at it's worst when I am away from my NSX. When I am driving it I actually am never thinking I need anything else. That is the strange part. While driving, I am in bliss... happy and content.

2) When I get on this forum, you people make me do horrible things I don't want to do.

3) That "Group buys/vendors" and "parts for sale" sections are where satan lives. Everytime I tell myself not to click, I do. If I have no time to check anything on prime, the "for sale" section MUST BE CHECKED even if it is 3:00 am, and I was just going to the bathroom.

4) Everytime I think I am done someone comes out with some new gizmo that I didn't know I needed. SOS, Downforce, and Procar are satan's little helpers. I know this for fact.

5) What is a "group buy"? It is the excuse you needed to justify the horrible act you are about to commit. It is not about spending money, but about "saving money". You must do it now, so you can SAVE MONEY!!! :redface:

Someone help me... please... I am considering ceramic brakes... It is a cry for help...

I think you got it just about right:biggrin:

Back