How much can i pick up a 91 X for?

Sup guys!!

Not new to the site, just SN is NEW i lost my old SN which is macksha, (some 3 years old) anyways enough with the RANT!

just wondering whats the price range these days in Nor Cal to pick up a 91 Nsx with no snap ring or snap ring fix?

Got a 01 lude SH need something with more Balls.

Thanks for the input!

J_Spec_Type_SH said:
Sup guys!!

just wondering whats the price range these days in Nor Cal to pick up a 91 Nsx with no snap ring or snap ring fix?

Thanks for the input!
Hmmm, I don't know if I could answer that question for him, but Mark (91 X) seems to be a respectable person. Even though I don't exactly know what he does for a living, I don't think he'd offer himself up for sale. :D

-Randy

P.S. (J/K!! :) ) Seriously though, while I'm unable to help you out, I do wish you luck in your search.

J_Spec_Type_SH said:
That depends on things like:

- 15K miles or 150K miles?
- clean title or salvage title?
- scheduled maintenance performed or way overdue?
- showroom condition or beat to crap?
- etc.

You could spend anywhere from $20K to $40K, depending on your needs.

I would tend to agree. 20k would only get you a project car. Now, if you want a project car then great, if not you are better off saving more $. Also, call you insurance agent to see what the cost for full coverage is for someone your age.

Here a pricing guide you might find helpful: http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/BuySell/pricing.htm

J_Spec_Type_SH said:
what would 20K get me?

i know this is a big question, also where is a good place to start looking for one in nor or so cal?

thanks

Either a pile of trouble or a stolen car. Save your money and buy a nicer NSX, or get an Integra Type-R. They are fun as well for less money.

I would say if '91 NSX with all clean title & mint. condition + not so high miles, you would prob have to start from 25k. I think $25k ~ $30k is the best price to get a perfect '91 NSX.

monarch_kiss said:
I would say if '91 NSX with all clean title & mint. condition + not so high miles, you would prob have to start from 25k. I think $25k ~ $30k is the best price to get a perfect '91 NSX.
$25K won't buy you that. For $25K, you're usually looking at issues with the title, condition, maintenance, or mileage. That "perfect NSX" is hard to find for less than $30K, unless you're incredibly lucky.

I'll help out!

With the plummeting prices of the NSX, I believe that you can find a clean title NSX with good records NSX for way less than $30K

I will agree that spending $20k on a NSX you will get junk. If you were serious about buying a NSX, I would be willing to assist you. Noticing you’re from Sacramento, You might have caught a dealership on Douglas Blvd where you could find a few on the lot for sale? I ran that dealership for a few years and sold several X’s from that location.

Let me know if I can help, best of luck in your search!

vintagecarman said:
With the plummeting prices of the NSX, I believe that you can find a clean title NSX with good records NSX for way less than $30K
Baloney. Every person that has claimed this on NSXprime (and this has happened numerous times before) has tried to justify it by producing examples that have (a) higher than average mileage, (b) snap ring range, (c) missing or late maintenance, (d) generally poor condition, and/or (e) incomplete information about these and other critical items that affect market value.

Is it possible? Sure. It's also possible to find a lady selling her husband's Porsche for $50 because he ran away with another woman. ;) That doesn't mean that you can find a dozen ads for them in Autotrader at any given time and go out and buy one any time you want. Because every time someone claims this, a discriminating buyer who has been looking for that mythical $24K perfect low-mileage NSX steps forward to note that it just doesn't exist.

Want more proof? Right now there are ten NSXs listed on Autotrader for $25K or less. Six of them have 100K miles or more. Two are actually an RSX, not an NSX. One is from a repo place and might or might not really exist ("This car and thousands like it at similar savings"). And one has average mileage and no information about maintenance history, VIN, etc.

If there is a source for low mileage perfect NSXs for under $25k please let me know as well, I'll buy a couple of them.

nsxtasy said:
$25K won't buy you that. For $25K, you're usually looking at issues with the title, condition, maintenance, or mileage. That "perfect NSX" is hard to find for less than $30K, unless you're incredibly lucky.

True mine had 100,000, and my friends had above 70,000 each for a $25k car.

Let’s put this theory to test

I’m willing to take the time and search for a NSX with low miles, good records, clean title with no accidents priced 30K.

Wish me luck and lets all just get along!

:D

Stay on topic

I have found a 1991 Red/Black with only 37000 miles with records, no accidents and clean car fax. It had the roof painted to match the body with 98 rims on it. Looks super clean from pictures

Priced at $28500 and he is flexible.

The owner claim's still in showroom condition given the year!

J_Spec_Type_SH,

Have you looked for what's currently for sale?
Martket forum on this site, or Autotrader?
I didn't see any mention of what you have found. Or researched.

If it helps...
any NSX in the US will be okay in CA for smog issues and registration.
That might help open up your search.

The key to a good buy will be patience (right place right time) and cash ready to go. But you probably know this already. A deal will open up somewhere.

I wish you luck in finding what you are looking for.:D

Found another

Just received a call back from a seller with a 91 Black/Ivory 56000 miles. Bone stock 5 speed with factory chrome rims. No accidents clean car fax. Two owners with records back to 26K when it was sold to the second owner, 60K service was just completed. $28,000

I guess this proves that you can find a low mile very clean NSX for under $30.00 I would bet that if you showed up with cash in hand they could be acquired for less

Check the Trans # for snap ring. (not the Vin # - See FAQ section)
If wear and tear are low this could be a good deal.
J_Spec_Type_SH, you may have found one!

My 91 was 52K mi for 30K. Stunning condition.
Few modifications - all of which I liked.

vintagecarman said:
I’m willing to take the time and search for a NSX with low miles, good records, clean title with no accidents priced 30K.
For $30K, I think you can do it (depending on your definition of "low"). Not for "way less than" $30K though.

Good luck to you, and let us know when you find one.

b.gill said:
Check the Trans # for snap ring. (not the Vin # - See FAQ section)
Additional questions to ask include:

- When were the timing belt and water pump replaced?

- When was the clutch replaced?

- When was the last time a major maintenance (30K/60K/etc) was performed?

- Have the window regulators been upgraded?

- Are the titles clear?

- Is there a clear Carfax?

- Has a knowledgeable local NSX expert checked the car out in person to provide an opinion on its condition?

The Used Car Checklist in the FAQ is a more comprehensive list, but these are major questions that represent the difference between a car that sounds perfect at first glance, and one that really is.

vintagecarman said:
Just received a call back from a seller with a 91 Black/Ivory 56000 miles. Bone stock 5 speed with factory chrome rims. No accidents clean car fax. Two owners with records back to 26K when it was sold to the second owner, 60K service was just completed. $28,000

I guess this proves that you can find a low mile very clean NSX for under $30.00 I would bet that if you showed up with cash in hand they could be acquired for less
No, it proves that for a price that is only a couple grand less than $30K, not WAY less than $30K, you can find a car with AVERAGE miles, not LOW miles (56K is within 10K of average mileage for a '91 NSX), might or might not be "very clean", might or might not need major repairs, might or might not be in the snap ring range, hasn't been inspected by an unbiased expert, and with incomplete information on other items like the timing belt, window regulators, etc. Just to note why these things make a difference - if you have to pay for a timing belt replacement that is now seven years overdue :eek: , you're suddenly back around $30K.

And if it's really "under $30.00", I'll buy a hundred of them, please. :D

Thanks for providing yet another great example of the difference between a car that sounds like it might be that perfect used NSX, and one that really is.

Last edited:
All excellent things to know!!!

not LOW miles (56K is roughly average mileage for a '91 NSX)

Seems like 56K is low mileage. That's roughly 4400 mi/yr.
It is a 13 year old car.

Isn't 12,000mi/yr the national average?
(just asking - I don't really know.)

Back