How many of you also own Integra R's?

I'm an Integra R owner and future NSX owner. Somewhat new to these forums but I've been lurking for a while quietly. I'm curious.. How many of you own both an NSX and an Integra R? Was the ITR a gateway drug to your eventual purchase of an NSX?

2lxi901.jpg

Last edited:
OP: Don't listen to the poster above. I'm happy you can actually read and you put your post in the proper forum.

untitled-1.jpg

To answer your question no Type R here but an Impreza WRX and 94 TT Supra here with the beater civic as a daily driver.

I had a ITR previously but ended up selling. Couldnt justify owning a car that the insurance payment was more then the car payment. I pay almost 200$ less a month for the nsx then I do for the ITR insurance

I'm pretty sure Ken Sax was one of the ones who owned both an ITR and an NSX.

The ITR's through the roof in insurance from the simple fact that they're a very popular choice for car thieves.

I used to own a 2000 Integra type R (Phoenix Yellow) as well as a 2002 S2000 (Grand Prix White). The ITR was a real fun car to drive (actually my favorite front wheel drive car), I just got a bit too paranoid about ownership with the ITR because of its high theft rate and insurance was also extremely high as well. But the NSX is a whole other level in terms of driving experience. Smooth, comfortable, and really fast compared to a stock ITR.

I had a 96 JDM ITR and thoroughly enjoyed it untill I lost my licence dragging it at 187km down a main street here in NZ, was racing a Porsche 911. I lost the race and my licence...lol

Sold it and moved on :)

Currently own a 91 NSX but have not driven it yet as it is on a boat in the ocean making its way to me, only purchased from Japan last week.

Cheers

Gene

I used to have one, bought new, stolen at 14k miles :(

I loved that car, but I don't miss it so much now that I've got the NSX!

attachment.php

attachment.php

-Josh

Attachments

• P5180373.jpg
    P5180373.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 487
  • P5180377.jpg
    P5180377.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 485
does a civic type R counts!?
Ferrari 360, and BMW 135i owner as well, future NSX owner...:D

DSC_1620.jpg

Last edited:
Bought one in 1998 and used it mostly on the track for about 2 years. Great fun and the only FWD car I ever enjoyed. At the time I had a 94 NSX.

From 99-01 I had a black one but it was just an intermediate for my actual NSX. The cars are different in nearly each perspective but both are fun to drive, the NSX much more. :tongue:

I've driven a ITR plenty of times and loved it but never had a chance to own one! :frown:

But the NSX is my getaway drug!! Going on 5 years of ownership!! :biggrin:

I had a few one them when they were brand new as demo's, cool cars but still FWD and not really that quick. My brother's pristine 97 was stolen from my driveway while I was away at NSXPO 04, they were kind enough to leave my 911 cab in the driveway, which was blocking in the ITR:frown: Alot of landscape damage and I arrived home from the airport to find the Porsche unlocked, slightly moved and unharmed:confused:

i did a JDM conversion on my 98 teg.. its fun to own, but since the NSX... nothing feels the same.

Attachments

• 3366507615_6de132fe94.jpg
    3366507615_6de132fe94.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 80
This was mine about 10 years ago at Laguna Seca.

Attachments

• TR2.jpg
    TR2.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 78
Luckily I still have my 97 R.... not so fortunate at the moment since it's broken and I'm dreaming of my very own NSX... :redface:

Don't own an ITR, but a friend (and prospective NSX owner) once parked his ITR in my garage:

265069323_UTXQw-L.jpg

265069443_ckLqP-L.jpg

Back