How many O2 Sensors in 92 NA1

Hello guys,

how many O2 sensors does a 1992 NA1 normally have?

I thought all NSX have 4 sensors but I only found 2 on my car?

My car has a custom made exhaust which replaces also the catalytic converters. I was searching for the O2 sensors as I was curious why the ECU does not throw a CEL without the cats.

Cheers,
Bernhard

The page seems to be down.

But anyway, thank you!, thats what I wanted to read. I already began to wonder what the previous owner did with the two "missing" cables ^^

Bernhard

you have 2 in your car, the reason they don't throw a cell is because they are before the cat

Your 1992 NSX should have two (2) O2 sensors. One on the front exhaust manifold and one on the rear manifold. In 1995, Honda implemented the OBD-II engine management system on the NSX, which includes a catalytic converter efficiency metric. In order to measure it, there is an O2 sensor before the cat and a sensor just after the cat. Thus, 1995 and newer NSX models have four (4) O2 sensors- two for each cat.

Yep, I got mine from sparkplugs when I did my headers.

Thanks for all the comments.

the acuraoemparts page seems to be down, at least here in europe.

I may pick up a set of spare o2 sensors.

My engine has a slight hesitation when cold started. During the first 3-5 seconds its not happy with throttle response.

First thing on my todo list is cleaning the intake air temperature sensor like in the other thread on the forum suggested.

Bernhard

Question guys.. I have been thinking of replacing my O2 sensors, I got the car in 2006 and I have no clue how good the O2 sensors are working. So my question is, is this a part where "if its not broken don't replace it" or I will benefit anyway if I did since it is old? I have no CEL. And also, how hard is it to replace both? I have the manual with me.

Thanks!

Thanks for all the comments.

the acuraoemparts page seems to be down, at least here in europe.

I may pick up a set of spare o2 sensors.

My engine has a slight hesitation when cold started. During the first 3-5 seconds its not happy with throttle response.

First thing on my todo list is cleaning the intake air temperature sensor like in the other thread on the forum suggested.

Bernhard
try http://www.dchautomotiveparts.com/

or post what year is your NSX and we can look up part # for O2 sensors for you

Mine have arrived today. That's for 1994

taquze5u.jpg

OK the O2 sensors are probably old, so it may be worth it.
But if you're on a budget and it's still running smoothly and your fuel consumption hasn't changed - you could just leave the old ones in, no harm done, money saved. Also the ECU will tell you (with warning lights and codes) if they're faulty.

My car is also a 91 and I brought a pair of NTK sensors from SoS in 2010 for $168 (plus freight) . Would be more now due to dollar etc, but still not too expensive. I had a hesitation in the engine and this fixed it right up!

OK the O2 sensors are probably old, so it may be worth it.
But if you're on a budget and it's still running smoothly and your fuel consumption hasn't changed - you could just leave the old ones in, no harm done, money saved. Also the ECU will tell you (with warning lights and codes) if they're faulty.

My car is also a 91 and I brought a pair of NTK sensors from SoS in 2010 for $168 (plus freight) . Would be more now due to dollar etc, but still not too expensive. I had a hesitation in the engine and this fixed it right up!

When I built test pipes I spaced the second O2 sensor backed off a bit, about a centimeter out farther than it should be. Then, no more cel codes. I think you can get a spark plug thing that screws in to the stock bung port that will do the same thing if you still get a cel code. I would have also gone with a single innovative MTX wideband sensor. the second sensor I believe does nothing critical but I could be wrong on that but it doesn't seem change the mixture for my car.

When I built test pipes I spaced the second O2 sensor backed off a bit, about a centimeter out farther than it should be. Then, no more cel codes. I think you can get a spark plug thing that screws in to the stock bung port that will do the same thing if you still get a cel code. I would have also gone with a single innovative MTX wideband sensor. the second sensor I believe does nothing critical but I could be wrong on that but it doesn't seem change the mixture for my car.

His NSX is a 91 and only has two sensors, one in each exhaust manifold.

Yours is an OBDII 95 with two sensors per bank.
He has no need to move the rear sensor etc.

Back