How many % had climate board failure in the US?

I'm just wondering about a phenomenon that occurs to the European NSX's, the failure of the climate board. So far only 91's have been affected, two since last year. It's far more hot in the States. When did you record the first failures? How many % changed their board?

Thomas

Mine failed last summer in my '94 NSX. It was repaired successfully with no further problems.

You may want to start a poll with this thread.

The one in my '91 has never failed. But if and when it does, I know where to get it fixed.

If you're trying to find out the percent of cars that have experienced a failure, set up a poll (as DocL mentioned) and make sure you include an option for those who have never had a failure. If you want to limit the survey to older cars (only '91, or whatever you want), make sure to mention that too.

Mine also failed me and was fixed in my 91' about a year ago.

My 94 failed in 02 (it gets hot in the south) but has been good as new since repair.

Mine has failed prior to me buying the car 10 months ago and is ready to go to Brian K. for repair as soon as I pull it out.

Mine failed the same month I purchased my '91, in August 2005. I'll never forget. I was backing up into a parking space, the A/C shut off, and I finished parking. I looked back at the dash...and the climate controls were dead...no display...no nothing! :eek:

Mine failed last year, and BrianK fixed it. The car (91) was originally sold in FL, spent most of it's life in southern california before i bought it and brought it up to northern california (when/where the board finally ate it's face).

-mike

My '91 board went bad, but Briank fixed it.

Briank said:
Most all the boards I repair are from California and Florida and I would guess the failure rate is very close to 100% in those areas.
I guess these are the areas with the highest temp. What's the average temp in these areas?

goldNSX said:
I guess these are the areas with the highest temp. What's the average temp in these areas?

I can tell you that the climate in California and Florida are much warmer than Switzerland. :biggrin:

Btw, I lived in Zurich when I was very young.

Back