How many 2002 -- 2005 's with Automatics

Just a quick question guys; those who with 2002 to 2005 automatic, does your vin indicat NA1 or NA2?

Usually starts with: JH4NA?xxxxxxxxx

Please check out this thread and see if you can help me out.

Just a quick question guys; those who with 2002 to 2005 automatic, does your vin indicat NA1 or NA2?

Usually starts with: JH4NA?xxxxxxxxx

Please check out this thread and see if you can help me out.
Ben compiled a list of VINs of every NSX sold in the United States, and verified them against Acura's database. Vance, I just sent you a PM with all the VINs for 2002-2005 automatics. They're all NA1.

This thread is not about Auto v Manual, although having both, I can tell you that the auto is way easier in stop/start and is a lot of fun if driven hard in manual mode. The manual is a much more engaging drive.

Having lived with an automatic for a number of years.. it's hard to fault it. Shifting in manual mode I can cherp the tires in 2nd gear.. VERY strong shifting for a stock car. The 3.0 motor and cams shift the torque downward a tab.. but overall it's the best of both worlds for what I do with it. Down stream I would consider a FI and transmission work, but the stock drivetrain is so... so dependable it's hard to jack with it.

ACD

Attachments

• small pencil.jpg
    small pencil.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 42
Greetings
Anyone have a 0 -- 60 time for a stock automatic?
Martin

95 T Cpe C&D Jul-95 3.0 V-6/4A 0-60, s. 5.80
1/4 Mile, s. 14.40
Top Speed, mph 154.00

acd

95 T Cpe C&D Jul-95 3.0 V-6/4A 0-60, s. 5.80
1/4 Mile, s. 14.40
Top Speed, mph 154.00

acd

My 2002 auto feels slower than the 92 auto I had.
Would be interested in knowing the posted number for the 2002-2005.
Having a hard time believing its slower due to weight.
At least as much that I can actually feel it.

My 2002 auto feels slower than the 92 auto I had.
That makes sense. The drivetrain is basically the same, but the 2002 is 150-200 pounds heavier due to the removable roof panel of the NSX-T.

Having a hard time believing its slower due to weight.
At least as much that I can actually feel it.
Bob Butler's analysis showed that a difference of 100 pounds changes 0-60 and 1/4 mile times by 0.16 second, which means that 150-200 pounds change them by around 0.24-0.32 second. That is indeed enough of a difference to feel (rather easily, in fact).

It's easy enough to do an experiment to tell the difference in performance. Find a road or strip of pavement that you're familiar with. Bring an adult male friend weighing 175 pounds. Try accelerating on that road back-to-back, with him in the passenger seat and without him in the passenger seat. The difference you feel will be about the same as the difference between a '92 auto and an '02 auto, assuming all else is approximately equal between the two cars (particularly the kind and condition of the tires).

Back