How many 2002 -- 2005 's with Automatics

Greetings

Does anyone know how many 2002 through 2005's were made with automatic transmissions? I own one and a friend of mine is interested in buying one. It took me a loooong time to find one in a color I was looking for.
Thanks,
Martin

There were not many autos made at all.....maybe 6-8 a year? look it up on wiki.

My 2003 is serial number 10. Black on Black. Buddy wants Red with tan interior.
Martin

Looks like you have 1 of the 2 black on onyx autos made for 2003

As for red/camel...

I have the only one from 2002
and there was 1 other made in 2003 and 1 more in 2004.
None made in 2005

2002: New Formula Red/Camel Auto: 1 (aka mine)
12 auto total made in 2002

2003: New Formula Red/Camel Auto: 1
11 auto total made in 2003

2004: New Formula Red/Camel Auto: 1
12 auto total made in 2004

2005: no red autos for 2005
8 auto total made in 2005

New formula Red/Camel...
This is the exact combination I was looking for (after realizing there were no red/blacks made with autos in the 02-05 range).
So I was looking for 1 of 3 cars in existence. And I FOUND ONE OF THEM !!!

Brad

Greetings
I promised some pictures of mine a few weeks ago, so here are 3. I got home from work with it at twilight, parked across the driveway, and took 3 quick pictures of it "Topless" before Pet and I drove it and went out for dinner. It hasn't been washed since last Sunday and I have driven it to work a couple of days.
Martin

Attachments

• blackbeauty1.jpg
    blackbeauty1.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 95
  • blackbeauty2.jpg
    blackbeauty2.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 97
  • blackbeauty3.jpg
    blackbeauty3.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 91
Talk about rare, I need an automatic and I don't want targa, and I like flip up lights. Currently I have a '94 but It would be nice to update to a newer version with sport shift better brakes etc. So I search through the list of cars and how many 99-01 auto coupes have been made....1!!!! That's rare.:biggrin:

I have a 99 all red coupe JHMNA1250XT000004 automatic (Australian compliance) Didn't realise it was that rare. Is there any VIN information/production quantities available on non-US NSX's?

I know my black 02 manual NSX-T is rare. JHMNA21802T200018. I believe it's the only black/camel O2+ in Australia.

Is there any VIN information/production quantities available on non-US NSX's?
I've seen totals for other markets, but not broken down by body type, transmission, color, etc.

I believe non-U.S. markets had a greater proportion of fixed-roof coupes in recent years than the few sold here in the States.

Do the automatics come with the 3.2 engine in the later years, or stick with the 3.0 engine? I've always wondered about that.

Do the automatics come with the 3.2 engine in the later years, or stick with the 3.0 engine? I've always wondered about that.

3.0 litre, 254 HP

Exactly. If people really want to know the difference, go drive a RX-8 in stick and then back to back in an auto... thats about as much of a diff you if not more you'll see in the NSX... But they are rare

Greetings
It depends on what you bought the car for. I commute in mine here in Silicon Valley. It is stop and go and stop and go and stop and go. I have been driving it in the rain. I would hate to drive a manual in this traffic, so I bought an automatic -- also wife cannot drive manual and told me she would not learn.
Martin

I've seen totals for other markets, but not broken down by body type, transmission, color, etc.

I believe non-U.S. markets had a greater proportion of fixed-roof coupes in recent years than the few sold here in the States.

If you have them, can you share those figures with us. Why do I care: the NSX is already a classic and numbers will determine collectability, now and in the future.

This thread is not about Auto v Manual, although having both, I can tell you that the auto is way easier in stop/start and is a lot of fun if driven hard in manual mode. The manual is a much more engaging drive.

If you have them, can you share those figures with us.
Honda used to have sales figures for Japan and for Europe on their U.S. website for media releases, but they no longer do. You can find NSX totals through 2001 for these two markets in this previous topic. They still show figures for U.S. sales and Canadian sales. Note that these sales figures are by calendar year and will not match figures by model year such as those in the FAQ section on "Production Numbers".

I don't have a breakdown for the fixed-roof coupes vs the NSX-T, but I remember reading that Honda was selling the coupes in other markets even after it was discontinued in the States.

Greetings
It depends on what you bought the car for. I commute in mine here in Silicon Valley. It is stop and go and stop and go and stop and go. I have been driving it in the rain. I would hate to drive a manual in this traffic, so I bought an automatic -- also wife cannot drive manual and told me she would not learn.
Martin

What's the point of driving an NSX is stop-and-go traffic? You can't go fast, you can't take hard corners, you can't do any performance driving. For what it costs, I can think of a whole slew of cars that are much more comfortable. If I was stuck in stop-and-go traffic, I would prefer to be stuck in a comfortable luxurious car. Not in an NSX where I am staring at the exhaust tips of the escalade in front and the lugnuts of the F350's wheels to my right. I am not trying to tell you what to do, I am sure you have thought things through. But I can't stand 10 minutes of traffic in my NSX. That is why I drive the NSX on the weekends and at night and drive a more comfortable car to work. And if the NSX is my "fun" car, I think a manual is a much better choice. Really, the only possible plus of driving an NSX in traffic to work is that you look good doing it. That is... until they see the shifter. Anyway, sorry for digressing. I guess I was just trying to understand the rationale.

What's the point of driving an NSX is stop-and-go traffic? You can't go fast, you can't take hard corners, you can't do any performance driving. For what it costs, I can think of a whole slew of cars that are much more comfortable. If I was stuck in stop-and-go traffic, I would prefer to be stuck in a comfortable luxurious car. Not in an NSX where I am staring at the exhaust tips of the escalade in front and the lugnuts of the F350's wheels to my right. I am not trying to tell you what to do, I am sure you have thought things through. But I can't stand 10 minutes of traffic in my NSX. That is why I drive the NSX on the weekends and at night and drive a more comfortable car to work. And if the NSX is my "fun" car, I think a manual is a much better choice. Really, the only possible plus of driving an NSX in traffic to work is that you look good doing it. That is... until they see the shifter. Anyway, sorry for digressing. I guess I was just trying to understand the rationale.

lol, true..... that's why i own an auto civic and a manual nsx :cool:
and if the wife doesn't wanna learn stick.... some people would find that another good reason to buy a standard nsx :wink:

whatever, though. who cares. you know your preference - just consider yourself lucky that honda made the auto, unlike with some other sports cars

Well this thread has certainly gone off topic (as I suspected it would)
Oh-well...

The left peddle helps you select what gear you are in.

Its pushing the right peddle that gives me the thrill.

-------------
2 time NSX auto owner
and yes, sometimes I miss the manual, but only sometimes
I can say I am disappointed that the auto is limited in HP.
No intent to track the car, so this is fine for me.
Maybe the next one will have a stick, never know.

Brad

Greetings
I still have fun in the NSX in traffic. There are times when you get a good old burst of speed for a mile or so -- we carpool up highway 85 so part of the drive is fun -- then onto the streets. I enjoy driving it on the weekends too, it is just that I bought it to drive and not let it sit in the garage till Saturday. We do have a Lexus LS and IS to drive when I feel the need for a luxury sedan. I understand your point of view too.
Martin

I've got a buddy with an auto NSX and he goes pretty good so if it's only 254 hp it's very well geared. He put an exhaust on it and really rolls out:eek:

Back