How long do you plan on keeping your 'X'

I'm on my second one and now that I finally found my Holy Grail(sebring silver) I plan on keeping her for life....I will always have other cars, but never be without an NSX:cool:

This car will still be a looker just like the cars from the 30s, 40s, 50s, 60s, keeping it forever. :smile:

I bought mine 3 weeks ago and received it just over 2 weeks ago.

no plans to get rid of it :biggrin:

ever.:biggrin:

Put simply:

My daily driver is a 2006 Boeing 737-700. It cruises at 84% the speed of sound. Burns Jet fuel. Has the most recent heads up display with flat panel screens. Can pull more G's you want to and has seats that can adjust 6 ways to Sunday with lumbar adjust. Oh, It has twin hands free autopilot.

But My 91 NSX with it's dated technology is a Gazillion times better to drive and puts a smile on my face every single time I drive it.....Any questions?

This is OK...
737-mma_cockpit_040614-o-0000x-004.jpg

But this is way Kewl!
x_int.jpg

First NSX purchased this year. I'll look for a 97+ coupe and a 02+ targa in the future. Basically want to complete the collection. New cars do not appeal to me.

It may go to my son in the future, like when the next gen comes out, (please oh please) . But sell it? NEVER!

I thought I was going to sell it. I actually drove 5 hours up to NY for a potential trade for a supercharged M3+cash. As soon as we swapped cars for the test drives I couldn't focus on the BMW at all. The look, the sound, the NSX had my full attention. I had driven 5 hours only to tease this guy with one of the greatest cars ever built. The NSX went home with me!

Nihilation said:
I thought I was going to sell it. I actually drove 5 hours up to NY for a potential trade for a supercharged M3+cash. As soon as we swapped cars for the test drives I couldn't focus on the BMW at all. The look, the sound, the NSX had my full attention. I had driven 5 hours only to tease this guy with one of the greatest cars ever built. The NSX went home with me!

What did he say, if anything, about your car? Was he mad you didn't want to do the deal after that.
Did you feel bad after wasting your time and his?

92NSX said:
What did he say, if anything, about your car? Was he mad you didn't want to do the deal after that.
Did you feel bad after wasting your time and his?

Nah, he completely understood and said he couldn't blame me. Besides, it's not like he drove 5 hours, I did.

NSXdream12 said:
I'm curious to know how long you plan on keeping the NSX?
Actually contemplating selling mine.:confused: :confused:

My NSX has survived:

- Me learning 5 new tracks
- Having 3 kids
- Nosy parents begging me to sell
- A few poor decisions on public roads (thank you God!)
- A lift I installed myself (check on her ever so often)
- Many mods I did myself (still have boxes of extra parts)

And still I love it as much as when I purchased in 11/97 as the 3rd owner! Even though I don't drive her and baby her as much as I used to pre kids - it represents something in me - driving Nirvana. Before cars had to have power everything, 23 cup holders, drive by wire, 11 air bags, steer by wire, AWD, brake by wire, a Cray computer on board, heated seats, cooled seats, etc etc etc.

It is still the perfect combination of practicality, performance, fun, safety, looks, and technology. No offence to all the later model owners and colors but a 91 Red/Black NSX coupe is still the "perfect" car IMO (that last statement is to drive down the price of KGP's Zinardi BTW!)

:cool:

The Kid said:
the check's in the mail, plane tickets are booked and hotel is reserved:biggrin:

How are you going to fit the car in the plane seat next to you??

What... going to NSXPO, but not driving down to FL in th 'X'???

I was planning to pass mine down to my son... which I did in '03. I originally bought it in '95 (the NSX is a '93).

But now I have it back (Dec '05), as he was going to sell it, due to a third child, new house, etc.... but my wife insisted we get it back and not let him sell it.

So now I've done some performance and cosmetic upgrades to make it seem 'new', or at least fresh, again.... and now, I think I'll hold on to it for a long time, as it still puts a big smile on my face everytime I drive it. But, I'm pretty sure it will end up back with my son sometime in the future.

My wife and I adopted Megan in 2004. I got the NSX in 2003, everyone was asking me why did you buy it:mad: ...you have a kid on the way. First...it is none of your business:eek: , second we have 2 other cars:rolleyes: , third see the first answer:rolleyes: .

Now she is 3 and loves riding in it, especially with the top off:smile:

She calls it "Megan's car" and it is the same as her birth year...any questions:biggrin:

Attachments

• IMG_2963_1.jpg
    IMG_2963_1.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_2965_1.jpg
    IMG_2965_1.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_3367.jpg
    IMG_3367.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 67
nsxtasy said:
That didn't take long...
Operative word was contemplating. :wink: It's a matter of time - the kind I don't seem to have to enjoy it. Too many other hobbies and activities...

03 raw nsx said:
My wife and I adopted Megan in 2004. I got the NSX in 2003, everyone was asking me why did you buy it:mad: ...you have a kid on the way. First...it is none of your business:eek: , second we have 2 other cars:rolleyes: , third see the first answer:rolleyes: .

Now she is 3 and loves riding in it, especially with the top off:smile:

She calls it "Megan's car" and it is the same as her birth year...any questions:biggrin:

My 5 years old son Karagan loves it so, I guess he can chaffeur me around when I can't drive anymore. Plus he'll have to go pick up Megan in her silver one to go out for rides. So it will be a while.

Even though I know I will purchase other cars in the future, I don't plan to sell either of my NSXs. I've had my first one since I bought it almost a decade ago, and the recent one will be with us until we drive it to the ground.
Initially, my wife thought it was silly to have two of them, but she has come around. A few weeks ago, I had it parked for a few days at her parent's house, and as she came to and fro during the course of the week, she kept saying that she wished she could learn to drive stick quicker and with more confidence so that she could drive it. Once she does, the silver one will be her daily commuter of 100 miles round trip for three days a week.
She was also of the opinion that the yellow widebody would be too ostentacious and a bit too racecar-like for her, but once we got it back from the shop, she really admires the look of it. She said she would even drive it, considering in the past, she said she wouldn't be caught dead in it.
We had a conversation recently, and the subject of having the two cars came up. She said she couldn't think of a reason why we can't have both cars. I said, "What about when we purchase a Ferrari?" to which she replied that it would look good in the stable next to the NSXs. However, it will need to be red.
What more can I say? I'm hooked for life, and I think the addiction has spread to my family.

Well i'm going to start off with a 91-93 somewhere around there...then eventually sell out for a blue used model laguna blue!

Back