How important are High Miles?

if its taken care of..miles mostly matter on the resale...

I still cant understand why its okay to have a 2005 Sport Trac with 50k miles on it, but ekkkks a 2005 nsx with 17k miles... makes no sense to me....

i have two NSX.....and I am guilty of only putting 3000 on both combined...in the past 8 months...and that was from road trips...FAMILY LIFE!!!!!!!!!!

I would be more concerned about a 91 with 10k miles on it that sat in the garage vs one with 100k miles on it and serviced....the 10k miles would be tempting, but any I seen with 10k miles any year.....want way more then i am willing to pay....That reminds of my freind who use to dial the odom back with a high power drill...

car fax makes messed that up lol....

At one time you could refresh your NSX and have it sent to Japan but I am not aware of that being available anymore.

The refresh program is still available, but it's pretty expensive, and you have to send your car to Japan. Mr. Uehara said that for the time being, they will offer the program indefinitely. This may become a viable option as time goes on for people that want pristine NSXs, and the number of pristine original examples dwindles.

IMHO lower-mileage NSXs are a better value. It's not that an NSX is necessarily going to be unreliable at higher mileages, particularly if they've been well-maintained. Rather, it's that lower-mileage cars typically only cost a few thousand dollars more, and for that few thousand dollars, you get less wear and tear on the drivetrain, on the finish, on the interior, etc.

The refresh program is still available, but it's pretty expensive, and you have to send your car to Japan. Mr. Uehara said that for the time being, they will offer the program indefinitely. This may become a viable option as time goes on for people that want pristine NSXs, and the number of pristine original examples dwindles.

Good to hear that its still available. It's something I may someday for my NSX. I mean, 10 years from now my car will have more miles, wear, etc, so sending it over to have it come back like it was factory new is very appealing. It will be worth the $20K or $30K they charge to refresh mine when there are even fewer clean NSXs on the road.

IMHO lower-mileage NSXs are a better value. It's not that an NSX is necessarily going to be unreliable at higher mileages, particularly if they've been well-maintained. Rather, it's that lower-mileage cars typically only cost a few thousand dollars more, and for that few thousand dollars, you get less wear and tear on the drivetrain, on the finish, on the interior, etc.

...+1...

Back