How far do you drive to go to the track?

Peter Mills said:
VBNSX
VIR and Summit Point are two road tracks fairly close to you.
Summit Point is about 40 miles west of Washington, DC and VIR is in or around Danville, NC.
Trackmasters will be at Summit Point 4/19-20 and there will be a few NSX's from the northeast regfion attending. Go to www.trackmasters.com for more info.

sweet! I'm already making plans to make it to summit point? Are you guys going to be staying at a hotel the night before?

-x-

Silverstone 1 hour
Brands Hatch 2 hours
Donington 2 hours
Castle Coombe 2 hours
Snetterton 2 hours
Hethel (Lotus test track) 2 hours
Goodwood 3 hours

oh and
Spa 5 hours
Magny Cours 5 hours
Nurburgring 5 hours

I could go on.........:cool:

VBNSX said:
sweet! I'm already making plans to make it to summit point? Are you guys going to be staying at a hotel the night before?

-x-

VIR is worth the trip-
It’s long, it has many variations of turns, including ones not found at other tracks Let alone all on the same track, the scenery is beautiful, it’s hilly with big grade changes, the facilities are first class, two long straights that bring you to top speeds not seen at most tracks, it has good spectator areas, and it’s safer then most to push without the risk of a total. My favorite track-

My wife is practicing there now for qualifying tomorrow. I have some other racing deadlines and couldn’t make it.

RacerX-21 said:
VIR is worth the trip-
It’s long, it has many variations of turns, including ones not found at other tracks Let alone all on the same track, the scenery is beautiful, it’s hilly with big grade changes, the facilities are first class, two long straights that bring you to top speeds not seen at most tracks, it has good spectator areas, and it’s safer then most to push without the risk of a total. My favorite track-

My wife is practicing there now for qualifying tomorrow. I have some other racing deadlines and couldn’t make it.

sent you a pm concerning the date.

-x-

j14nsx said:
Silverstone 1 hour
Brands Hatch 2 hours
Donington 2 hours
Castle Coombe 2 hours
Snetterton 2 hours
Hethel (Lotus test track) 2 hours
Goodwood 3 hours

oh and
Spa 5 hours
Magny Cours 5 hours
Nurburgring 5 hours

I could go on.........:cool:

Hope you don't mind me asking, but British Isles is obviously isolated from mainland Europe. How would you get to SPA, Nur, etc. by driving? I assume there's a bridge that crosses over the English Channel between the shortest distance - from the southeastern-most tip of England to northern coast of France? I think there is such a bridge. Am I correct?

TIA.

You can read more about the Channel Tunnel (sometimes called the "chunnel") here.

chnl_tun_chart.gif

VBNSX said:
Just curious. Being in Virginia Beach, the closest to me is 4 hours. I'm debating on going so that I may go to a drivers school but it's just rather far. I'm wondering how far some of you go to go to a track.

-x-

It is NEVER too far to drive to enjoy your NSX...remember that. :)

Summit Pt.- 1 hr. (THIRD course opening there this year!)
VIR 4.5 hrs.
Pocono 4.5 hrs.
Watkins Glen 7 hrs.

want to go to Beaverun in '04.

VBNSX- look for a PM. Any NSXer that is looking for a place to stay when coming to Summit Pt., gimme a buzz- I'm about an hour away and have extra room.

j14nsx: I would love to drive some of your tracks - especialy Donington, but I should have a lot more bucks and time to do that. And I doubt I can get used to driving on the wrong lane with my trailer.

NSX-Racer said:
j14nsx: I would love to drive some of your tracks - especialy Donington, but I should have a lot more bucks and time to do that. And I doubt I can get used to driving on the wrong lane with my trailer.

he he.. he said wrong lane... reminds of the time overseas (went to France) where the dude i was with said this place is great accept for all the foreigners...

scary isn't it?

-x-

When I move next time, I need to move to Nocal, Atlanta area, or Chicago area.

btw, MSR-3 hrs. TWS-3 hrs.

Back